Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: Weapons and Armor, Dynamic Themes.

Jan 8, 2013
Would like to hear from SSM on the possibility of this being in the game, or hell even if they like it or not!
Message 21 of 34 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1333 posts

Jan 8, 2013
i know. i think they should come onto the forums more offen and comment on some things they thionk is cool.

lawl.jpg

Message 22 of 34 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1333 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Would be GREAT and i mean *GREAT* to get some Feadback from SSM and any of the GOW_DEV team.

lawl.jpg

Message 23 of 34 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1333 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Would enspire me to keep throwing out ideas on this thread but LOL this game is enough to enspire me anyway XD

lawl.jpg

Message 24 of 34 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Would love to see Tank comment on this idea, even if it's to say he can't talk about it...
Message 25 of 34 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1333 posts

Jan 9, 2013
LOL

lawl.jpg

Message 26 of 34 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Take a look at the latest multiplayer behind the scenes video on IGN today... i dont reacall exactely when, but mid video, you see a couple of guys talking and on the far back rigth computer you see a bunch of swords, some of them look very similar but with diferent ligth efects and magic stuffs.

I think it will happen. 

Message 27 of 34 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 9, 2013
I think you're right pwnatron, because in a video I saw today this guy was working on the game and this one warrior had this SICK purple cloud around him...looked so goddamn cool...

I got super pumped.
Message 28 of 34 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1333 posts

Jan 10, 2013

YES! i hope this happens.

lawl.jpg

Message 29 of 34 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

Well metl, here's the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE1a4QN8a-Y  (this video seems to be running a bit of an outdated build..maybe maybe not)

I'll post times where you can see for yourself different colors for stuff.  Though I noticed, all of the glowing was purple so MAYBE...it's a buff for Hades but I'm hoping that it's in fact a high level perk much like we've suggested with our items.  

Also I'm going to update my post with an AWESOME idea I just had..it'll have "edit" in it so you know exactly what I'm talking about.  

Times:

0:28 - you can see a purple glowing sword, a sword with purple glowing glyphs lighting up on the blade, and someone using a spear/trident as the third weapon class.  Plus a new map!

0:35 - Looks to be purple glowing guy using Hades item (escape obviously)

0:51 - Looks to be some sand village other than the desert of lost souls we see in the beta.  

0:57 - you can see the guy's hand glowing purple once again might be a Hades ability.  Most of the glowing is purple.  

0:58 - Hmm...purple glow on an ares player...hmm interesting...it surrounds the body so it might be a team buff.  I'm going to label all of these as buffs but I'm really hoping it's not.  I'd love me some unlockable glowies.  

2:49 - YEEEEEEEEES.  Glowing weapons!  Check the screen behind the guy GLOWING WEAPONS MOFO!  You can even kind of make out the sword underneith which is perfect.  Glow for each class too...fire for Ares, lightning for Zeus, water for poseidon, purple for Hades.  Now, if only we could get this for the whole character or just armor.  

3:09 - possible new map.  

3:21 - Bottom left screen, character seems to have purple flames coming out the back upper side of the armor.  

3:27 - Top right screen, character is surrounded by a purple aura.  

3:28 - Camera zooms in for a grapple and OMG does this glow look cool!  Dark clouds with a purple glow on the inside.  SIIIIICK.  

3:46 - Crazy helmet bottom left screen, top right see an item use but can't tell if the glow is from the item use or not.  

3:56 - Floating character with some form of crazy AoE magic.  Very hard to see.  

4:01 - Seems to be a really in depth list of something, might be a program they're using to develop the game but who knows at this point.  

4:01 (continued) - Yep...unfortunately looks like the purple glow was from some sort of item use...bummer... you can see he isnt' glowing then as he uses an item starts to glow.  But then again, the glow I pointed out was much bigger.  

4:24 - Hard to see but when someone uses the L1 + triangle spinning heavy attack there's a cool purple trail behind the blade.  Very easy to miss it goes by fast.  

4:27 - more purple glowing goodness.  

4:40 - Some floating heads around the player.  

4:46 - Guy performing a brutal kill with a purple glow around his hand, definitely seems like a buff.  Lots of freakin purple glows... 

EDIT:

Also worth looking into!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmUVdPpyw5g

"evil ways" trailer has been out for a while but... 

0:13 - You can see his sword "steaming" letting off some kind of purple mist as he unsheiths it.  

0:32 - It extends a bit past this and a bit before but you can see the trim on his armor is gold instead of silver.  Isn't the beta version silver?  Looks kind of odd during gameplay because everything seems so unnaturally bright but in the cutscene it looks beast.  Everythings a lot darker.  

0:48 - Blue trail behind poseidon's sword but then again this might not be special as ares seems to have a flaming trail behind his attacks too, just not as noticable I guess.  

1:23 - This is what inspired me to edit my post and add this video.  You can see the blade of Zeus have white lightning slither down his blade...much like the enchants we've been talking about and being oh so dynamic rather than having it pooke out of the sword.  Both would be cool, but I like how it actually reacts to the swords form...gives it a really cool look...though of course it's a CGI cutscene but it still could be possible.  

Message 30 of 34 (81 Views)
0 Likes