Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 11 2013
By: Flint_Prophet Wastelander 673 posts

Voice chat...is it not working or is no one talking?

4 replies 676 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

I have thrown my mic on in a TON of different games, now, with no apparent effect. There's absolutely no way that I can see that my voice is being heard (like a speaker icon showing up next to my life bar or something like that), nor do I see any behavior from teammates that suggest that they hear me. For example, when I see someone just throwing spears into the already unconscious Polyphemus without running over to the altar and grappling him, I try to tell them what to do and they keep on throwing spears. Have tried this multiple times with no success.

So...am I missing something? I looked for threads that explain this but haven't found any. And the patch notes say that it should be supported.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (676 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Re: Voice chat...is it not working or is no one talking?

Jan 11, 2013

I tried this last night too and found no result. I was even a tad inflammatory to see if I could get some hate mail my way to confim whether or not I was being heard. Nothing.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (673 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Jan 11, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

I was even a tad inflammatory to see if I could get some hate mail my way to confim whether or not I was being heard. Nothing.

That's awesome. Great idea. I'm leaning on the side of it not working yet...I can't imagine the vast majority of people wouldn't mic up.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (671 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jan 11, 2013
I'm gonna call BS on Tank!!! He said that they added voice chat with the last update aaaannnd.... it's pretty obvious that there is NO vc! Way to lie to try and make it seem like u were adding this to simmer down the posts about it!!.... cuz any MP with no VC/FI/party system = trash
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (660 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I use my headset both for voice chat AND to hear game through it for late night sessions, neither works even when setting audio to headphones(I assumed had to change to this), my mic works in Anarchy Reigns, haven't tried game sound as well cause simply thought that it was the sound cables that got screwed, will try later....

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (656 Views)
0 Likes