Wastelander
787 posts

Re: Update on Patch 1.04 Coming TOMORROW!

Apr 4, 2013

stripesmarine wrote:
@DelSol-97- & @metlgearsolid200

I Feel Tension Here .Lol

Smiley Tongue He plays all night and sleeps too much! never get many games with him anymore.

Exams are in 2 weeks Smiley Surprised 

Message 21 of 69 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Apr 4, 2013
@d1v4d

You Are My Shade Hero .Lol

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 22 of 69 (376 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Rising_Legend_ wrote:

An announcement on the patch? we don't need an announcement of what 1.04 patch will contain!, we need an actual patch asap. This game has been out for almost a month now and the multiplayer issues seriously need to be addressed by now. Naughtydog addresses the issues straight away even in Uncharted 3 and 2. Why can't you guys? running out of patient now. Payed £40 for the product atleast provide good quality service for a good value for money.

Naughty Dog does what?  I was pretty active for a bit in Uncharted 2 when it came out, along with the forums, and again in Uncharted 3 (less so in the forums).  

I remember rampant complaining and anger over things not getting fixed, not getting updates, not getting info, not liking balance changes (especially that one) and on and on.   Another regular source of vehemence was over the lack of communication when, for the most part, those games had a pretty active community presence as GoW:A has as well.

People complain that we hear nothing from Gypsy or SSM.  So she posts an update, hey - news is coming out about patch 1.04 tomorrow.  What happens?  Anger and criticism still.  It's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I'm pretty forgiving early on with a game.  Patches take time, they just do.  If you've ever tried to do even simple coding, you appreciate the complexity of how one seemingly simple thing can turn into a nightmare to fix or change or upgrade, etc..  

We all want things fixed and sad as it is to say, more often than not they can't be.  It's the same song and dance for one game after another.  Some things in Ascension will get better, most probably won't, but don't shoot the messenger - in this case Gypsy.  The patch will be out when it's ready (hopefully ... botched patches are equally annoying).  Ranting and raving about it changes nothing.  Voice your displeasure, point out bugs and glitches certainly, but do that stuff in a way that actually works, constructively.

When I think of bad community managers or people in that job that generally deserve some annoyance and anger, it's Zh1nto and FourZeroTwo.  I guess after those guys, you really appreciate the good ones.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 23 of 69 (365 Views)
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Gud luck on ur test in 2 weeks bro Smiley Happy

Erebus Is The Ish Smiley Happy
Message 24 of 69 (353 Views)
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Apr 4, 2013

@ Vanthem

I agree don't blame gypsy really you can't blame anyone. Games are buggy regardless of what game it is that just life.

I do understand that people paid good money for the game. The customer always wants and should get the best for their dollar.

Being so we all should be mindful of the hard word and time SSM put into the game. Also, the hard work and time they put into

maintaining it. Gypsy and Tank have done there best to respond to our request. Then relay the message to the rest of the

team at SSM. It's not easy writing re-writing and debugging lines upon lines of code. I for one wanna say thanks to them

for this gr8 game. I can appreciate them because I'm in school for some of the same things they're doing. Also, because of their

quick responses. It' s tough to fix issues on top of issues on top of the issue we see that they don't. So THANK YOU SSM !!!

Erebus Is The Ish Smiley Happy
Message 25 of 69 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Apr 4, 2013

I'm super curious as to what this patch will include. Women!???.... No... that's too good to be true.

Not sure which point they've stopped at, but I'm certain that the weapon fragments for the Spear of Destiny and Barbarian Hammer will be fixed. Flag holders clinging onto walls, maybe?

Hmmm.... MATCHMAKING!? Not sure why that wasn't a dam* hint. Level cap is great and all, but matchmaking should've been mentioned to get us all riled up Smiley Wink

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 26 of 69 (323 Views)
Last Guardian
11800 posts

Apr 4, 2013

^vanilla can finally thrust into his enemies from behind with the long, tanned, girthy shaft of Beyonce XD

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 27 of 69 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Poseidon4ever wrote:

^vanilla can finally thrust into his enemies from behind with the long, tanned, girthy shaft of Beyonce XD

That's a new addition, lol.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 28 of 69 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 4, 2013

king-swisser wrote:

@ Vanthem

I agree don't blame gypsy really you can't blame anyone. Games are buggy regardless of what game it is that just life.

I do understand that people paid good money for the game. The customer always wants and should get the best for their dollar.

Being so we all should be mindful of the hard word and time SSM put into the game. Also, the hard work and time they put into

maintaining it. Gypsy and Tank have done there best to respond to our request. Then relay the message to the rest of the

team at SSM. It's not easy writing re-writing and debugging lines upon lines of code. I for one wanna say thanks to them

for this gr8 game. I can appreciate them because I'm in school for some of the same things they're doing. Also, because of their

quick responses. It' s tough to fix issues on top of issues on top of the issue we see that they don't. So THANK YOU SSM !!!

By the same token though, don't give 'em too much slack.  Things need fixing and there are many valid complaints.  It's all in how we voice them.  If 6 months goes by and things are still broken, well I'll happily start getting pitchforks and torches to join the mob.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 29 of 69 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11800 posts

Apr 4, 2013

@vanthem. Could you tell me who the first person on your "bad comm manager list"......ik who fourzerotwo is.....but who is zhinto?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 30 of 69 (289 Views)
0 Likes