Jan 17 2013
By: Nocturnal__Gamer Treasure Hunter 5310 posts

Unplayable

7 replies 179 views Edited Jan 17, 2013

Every time I pick a game mode the game starts to load the locks up.  It isn't freezing because I can still be DCed and once that happens, everything is fine.  I tried everything to make it work and nothing worked.  I need help because I really want to play this BETA.

Message 1 of 8 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Re: Unplayable

Jan 17, 2013

whatever update they did to the game has made it highly unstable. i haven't been able to get through a single match without it bugging out.

Message 2 of 8 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Well that sucks, granted I'm still gonna buy the collector's edition.  I really wanted to play the BETA, hopefully that update it again.

Message 3 of 8 (165 Views)
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 17, 2013

I noticed that over the past few days. But today was really good for me, I had a blast.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 4 of 8 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 17, 2013

I rarely get "bugged out" if ever...I think it may have to do with region or maybe connection speed? Idunno. Many MP games, people say "this is unplayable, I can't seem to finish a match" and I've never had that issue.

Bear in mind, with random matchmaking/hosting, there are bound to be connection issues. Sorry you guys are having so many Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 8 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 17, 2013

It's the only BETA to ever give me a problem like this so doubt it's my connection speed.  Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Message 6 of 8 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Okay I sincerely hope the lag issues are limited to the BETA. I can honestly say, now, I feel ya to those who experience them.

Perhaps it was cuz I didn't know what I was doing before, then after alot of play time, I finally have a feel for what should happen when a given button is pressed, plus knowing what each attack/defense situation looks like. Alot of times, it just doesn''t feel right. My attacks CLEARLY land but don't register, instead leaving me reeling from a hit that I KNOW didn't land in time on my screen!

Conversely, there will be times where I hit people like I'm SUPPOSED to! Those matches I do quite well in combat. Others, not so much. I've gone 1-9 but believe me, I should NOT have been dead those 9 times! And I should have gotten more than one kill too!

It doesn''t make the game unplayable but I doubt it'll have much staying power if this keeps up in the official release. Here's hoping it's just cuz they are using cheap servers with low bandwidth for the BETA.

Message 7 of 8 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 17, 2013
@Nocturnal__Gamer

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems connecting to a match. I believe the beta states that best times to play would be between 7PM-11PM PST. That may be the optimal time to try to play.

I used to have problems with getting into a match. It would freeze my entire PS3. Luckily, no real damage was done so I doubt that it's your connection speed with it happening so frequently.

But like previous forumers mentioned ahead of me, we've seen some wonky stuff since the servers fired back up on the 2nd.

Intense lag at times, etc. Other than playing during those hours, My only real suggestion would be to delete it from form PS3 and redownload it and see if that fixes the problem. That has worked for me in the past.

Cheers!
Message 8 of 8 (110 Views)
0 Likes