Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 13 2013
By: Link10103 First Son 4 posts

Unplayable

7 replies 244 views Edited Jan 13, 2013

This game is so far broken that it almost makes me want to go back to playing COD with its craptastic connection. Don't get me wrong, the gameplay is fantastic, it keeps up with the previous GOW game mechanics in a more dumbed down version for new players and overall balance issues. The 3 game modes are nothing new to most people. 

Here are my major **bleep** gripes with the game though:

Matchmaking

Is beyond retarded. You can get paired up with people who have God weapons and armor (I literally mean god as in GOD/ELITE/CAN'T TOUCH THIS armor/weapons) and others who are practically naked. Its clear that skill or even level isn't taken into consideration when pairing you up.

Connection

By god I just deleted the game from my hard drive for the second time because of this. It seems developers can't seem to grasp that peer to peer connection in games is the WORST POSSIBLE IDEA EVER. No matter how much time you put into your game, no matter how super duper drop your pants and bend over spread eagle style amazing it is, if I run at someone and unleash a huge combo that would kill even the most experienced of players only to have me run off a cliff or get pimp slapped across the map because I never actually did the combo because the host is secluded in the mountains with a thimble sized connection nearly makes me black out from rage. I can't comprehend how people go into their death stance with the red arrow above them for 1 second and then are suddenly able to move the second after, yet im stuck there for a minute unless someone kills me. Or how they can use their items and be able to use it again 10 seconds later

Combat

Like I said before, combat keeps up as much as it can without throwing balance out the window. Somehow, after the first day of release, heck within the first few hours of the re release of the beta where supposedly everyone had their ranks reset, I had people using the blade of Athena on me and higher up armors/magic that decimated the entire team. Can anyone explain that to me? Is there some definition of reset out there that actually means keep all your stuff so you can slaughter anyone you see? 

I don't like how each weapon has different power attacks. I like how all the weapons arent the same in that aspect, but the motions of the power attacks change for each and every weapon so I can never tell if the enemy is using a quick power move or a heavy power move until its too late. The "flashing color" is a load of bull since you flash AFTER/DURING the attack, not before. Parrying is pretty much useless unless you are hosting the game. Considering how there is no indication to which power attack your enemy will use 95% of the time, even if you know, you can't dodge in time or parry, which then allows them to use all their special attacks on you with 100% effectiveness, even though your basic attacks wont work on them let alone anything else.

Items

I would truly like to tip my hat at the person who thought of this, even though its probably what helps break the game. The idea of being able to get out of any combo attack is great honestly, but the cool down is dumb. I don't see why it persists THROUGH DEATH. Clearly if you used it and died before you could use it again, it didn't help very much.

I swore that I read in the in game tips that an item could be used to help save you from being brutally killed. Well to this very moment I have never been able to do that due to lag. Ive had plenty of other people go into red and then suddenly use an item to reverse brutal kill me, or better yet Ive had them use an item right before they went into red only to regain half their health +, yet I have my horn upgraded to maximum and I barely regain a quarter.

Power in general

I really couldn't care less if all the armor you equipped boosted your attack only plus an offense focused weapon, there is no excuse for one power attack to have extreme range abilities AND to take out 75% of my health in one hit. That was when I had to quit the game before I shattered my controller. 

I have next to no doubt that the story of Ascension will be great, God of War always is, but the MP side of it unless seriously revised will not make me buy this game. I'm seriously thinking of just selling my ps3 and getting a PC so at least half the games I play will have dedicated servers and not the peer to peer bull.

And for any idiots that say Im bad at the game, I came top of the leaderboards for 10 matches straight with 3-4000 points until all of the above randomly started happening. Not gonna waste my time or patience on a game if I can't simply go into a match and roll properly let alone try and defend my life/objective.

Message 1 of 8 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Re: Unplayable

Jan 13, 2013

Link10103 wrote:

This game is so far broken that it almost makes me want to go back to playing COD with its craptastic connection. Don't get me wrong, the gameplay is fantastic, it keeps up with the previous GOW game mechanics in a more dumbed down version for new players and overall balance issues. The 3 game modes are nothing new to most people. 

Here are my major **bleep** gripes with the game though:

Matchmaking

Is beyond retarded. You can get paired up with people who have God weapons and armor (I literally mean god as in GOD/ELITE/CAN'T TOUCH THIS armor/weapons) and others who are practically naked. Its clear that skill or even level isn't taken into consideration when pairing you up.

Connection

By god I just deleted the game from my hard drive for the second time because of this. It seems developers can't seem to grasp that peer to peer connection in games is the WORST POSSIBLE IDEA EVER. No matter how much time you put into your game, no matter how super duper drop your pants and bend over spread eagle style amazing it is, if I run at someone and unleash a huge combo that would kill even the most experienced of players only to have me run off a cliff or get pimp slapped across the map because I never actually did the combo because the host is secluded in the mountains with a thimble sized connection nearly makes me black out from rage. I can't comprehend how people go into their death stance with the red arrow above them for 1 second and then are suddenly able to move the second after, yet im stuck there for a minute unless someone kills me. Or how they can use their items and be able to use it again 10 seconds later

Combat

Like I said before, combat keeps up as much as it can without throwing balance out the window. Somehow, after the first day of release, heck within the first few hours of the re release of the beta where supposedly everyone had their ranks reset, I had people using the blade of Athena on me and higher up armors/magic that decimated the entire team. Can anyone explain that to me? Is there some definition of reset out there that actually means keep all your stuff so you can slaughter anyone you see? 

I don't like how each weapon has different power attacks. I like how all the weapons arent the same in that aspect, but the motions of the power attacks change for each and every weapon so I can never tell if the enemy is using a quick power move or a heavy power move until its too late. The "flashing color" is a load of bull since you flash AFTER/DURING the attack, not before. Parrying is pretty much useless unless you are hosting the game. Considering how there is no indication to which power attack your enemy will use 95% of the time, even if you know, you can't dodge in time or parry, which then allows them to use all their special attacks on you with 100% effectiveness, even though your basic attacks wont work on them let alone anything else.

Items

I would truly like to tip my hat at the person who thought of this, even though its probably what helps break the game. The idea of being able to get out of any combo attack is great honestly, but the cool down is dumb. I don't see why it persists THROUGH DEATH. Clearly if you used it and died before you could use it again, it didn't help very much.

I swore that I read in the in game tips that an item could be used to help save you from being brutally killed. Well to this very moment I have never been able to do that due to lag. Ive had plenty of other people go into red and then suddenly use an item to reverse brutal kill me, or better yet Ive had them use an item right before they went into red only to regain half their health +, yet I have my horn upgraded to maximum and I barely regain a quarter.

Power in general

I really couldn't care less if all the armor you equipped boosted your attack only plus an offense focused weapon, there is no excuse for one power attack to have extreme range abilities AND to take out 75% of my health in one hit. That was when I had to quit the game before I shattered my controller. 

I have next to no doubt that the story of Ascension will be great, God of War always is, but the MP side of it unless seriously revised will not make me buy this game. I'm seriously thinking of just selling my ps3 and getting a PC so at least half the games I play will have dedicated servers and not the peer to peer bull.

And for any idiots that say Im bad at the game, I came top of the leaderboards for 10 matches straight with 3-4000 points until all of the above randomly started happening. Not gonna waste my time or patience on a game if I can't simply go into a match and roll properly let alone try and defend my life/objective.

Matchmaking - This doesn't really  matter much.  I mean, if my cousin can kill people with full armor when he has almost none then anyone can really.  He doesn't even own a playstation, hasn't played god of war since 2, and doesn't even like playstation.  But yet he kept getting put into matches where he was fighting people with full sets of armor. 

Level 1-30 seems odd.  Everything seems "low level" but 30 is a pretty high level...and some things you unlock at lower levels you can't upgrade to full until you're almost capped out.  The armor doesn't seem "high level" or "high tier" 

But when the game actually comes out, it needs to group people based on tiers the stronger the armor the stronger the people you should be fighting.  I mean you'll always have a few matches where pros are fighting noobs but always having end game players fighting shirtless warriors is silly.  

@ red - 

LOL I know what you mean.  Pretty funny way of putting it but I know what you mean.. I had a nice flow of matches earlier today when using the BoA but then just out of nowhere people weren't grappleable, people wouldn't react to my attacks or would miss thier attack and then teleport to me slightly after their attack... it makes me so goddamn mad... 

Combat - some things are super easy to unlock, obviously they were playing just before you were.  

Items - 

I like the idea of items...I just don't like how people use them.  Every time I fight someone they use an item...it's so annoying because my class is based on melee but yet EVERY time I get someone caught in a melee attack they use some kind of ridiculous item.  More and more I see those flame shields that seem to last 40 years.  Get tired of people abusing those shields and the teleport item. 

Power - 

Stats are really meh.  I have 150 e. defense on my ares warrior but yet magic still just rips through me like I have 10 again.  idk really.  I'm not sure at all how stats work..when you try to tank the extra defense doesn't help at all, when you try to damage deal the extra strength only helps you get killed more, etc.  

Message 2 of 8 (232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Well at least your able to play the game, I cant connect to a single match

Message 3 of 8 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Yeah, like I said earlier I was getting matches and the connection was perfectly fine, then a couple hours after I had started playing things just went to hell. Matches took really really long to find...hell I'd even find a whole lobby and it'd start the search over again.

Then once you're in the match people do the most insane and asinine things to you it just makes you want to rip your own skin off.
Message 4 of 8 (221 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
415 posts

Playstation Staff
Jan 13, 2013

There is A LOT of feedback from the original poster here, but for now just wanted to say we've read and acknowledge.

While we are in a Beta state here, we are doing everything possible to learn from the exploits, connection experiments, OP Gods, lack of understanding what to do, the leveling system, and a WHOLE lot more.

This post comes with a lot of respect, so keep the feedback coming and BE AS SPECIFIC as possible.

We'll check further into the connection/lobby, that seems odd.

Thanks,

Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Message 5 of 8 (216 Views)
Survivor
2273 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

Just--Tank wrote:

There is A LOT of feedback from the original poster here, but for now just wanted to say we've read and acknowledge.

While we are in a Beta state here, we are doing everything possible to learn from the exploits, connection experiments, OP Gods, lack of understanding what to do, the leveling system, and a WHOLE lot more.

This post comes with a lot of respect, so keep the feedback coming and BE AS SPECIFIC as possible.

We'll check further into the connection/lobby, that seems odd.

Thanks,

Tank

Even coming out of beta there will be a lot of exploiting come launch so I hope Santa Monica is as diligent with making changes after the release. Some people are just born cheaters and know how to exploit and attack cancel/stun-lock and then juggle you in the air with repeated snaking of the grapple.

I honestly haven't played the beta outside of the first day it came back because of how frustrating it's become. People who abuse kill their team and get all of the kills because of better weapons and armor just ruin it for everyone else. I see a lot of magic spamming to the point people seem to never run out. A lot of Ares' fire patches up to three times in a row followed by the inferno teleport at an incredible speed.

As for Zeus, it's constant silencing and stun-locking by players. I'm not sure how people are able to do three shock attacks with the Blade of Zeus and then immediately follow up with another three.

I have not been able to unlock the Blade of Athena in the original Beta or now since PS+ became active. It never appears so I have yet to get a single fragment for it.

Also, are world weapons supposed to disappear if you haven't had the opportunity to use them? I've picked up a club numerous times and have had it disappear within 20 seconds by not using it.

Message 6 of 8 (185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Not really sure how the red popped up but anywho, ive pretty much said screw it. Since i have no new games to play at least until monday, I just run around gathering chests and magic (relic of harmony) for my team and the occasional altar if the whole enemy team isnt just sitting there. I swear half the time everyone has GPS tracking on me, I dont even have to touch the altar for the entire team to come tear me a new one. I can deal with all the problems I mentioned (except for connection), IF they add a 1v1 mode or a team based survival horde mode or even a solo horde mode. Its much easier to deal with one person in a smaller environment or have 100 AI come at you than to have 4 players ganging up on you at once with the camera going every which way.

Provided they dont have an online pass upon release, I would rather get it from gamefly or redbox just to see what new modes they have if i like what i see on youtube.

Message 7 of 8 (149 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 13, 2013
I nearly went crazy trying to get the blade of athena since everytime i got a silver chest it was some bull armor that I didnt want. I basically gave up trying to actively fight people and such so I just run around getting any chest i see, and with the relic of harmony i give myself and the team magic when I get 5 chest PLUS favor for the overall score.

I think to balance the world items, they have set timers. I pick up hammers and they disappear shortly after, thought it was normal. I would prefer if it had a certain number of uses though considering how I can just keep pressing circle and knock everyone and their mother out of the ball park
Message 8 of 8 (143 Views)
0 Likes