Do you mean 
Splicer
70 posts

Re: Two very simple customization ideas

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

There are taunts?

---

I don't see how hard it would be to notice a dude with blue and yellow armor, or a white skorpion armor set, or all orange, or something like that.

I don't mean only browns, blacks, and reds, that's too limited.

I guess i'm in the minority, I actually look at myself and the people i'm fighting at least a couple of times in a match.

I also don't get the problem with the armor swap idea, it works in DCU online without any flaws.

Just have a piece of armor selected, lets say the Cylclops helmet, then activate another menu/section where you can select the armor you want it to actually look like.

There would need to be another section/menu to do this, you don't just pick two armors at once or anything.

You want the gladiator armor but you want it to look like the cyclopean armor, select the cyclopean armor as the cosmetic appearance(This is called "Style" in the DCU online menu) and the gladiator armor as the stats, the actual armor equiped.

You have to unlock both specific armors in order to do this though.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2189 posts

Jan 20, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

I actually just noticed that. Only 'up' is used, that's odd. 

And yes that was me.

Ahh, cool. I enjoyed the collaboration as well and you're the first person I had fun taunting with. Notice how I would congratulate you when you brought the flag? :smileytongue:

It's a shame that's the rarity when people seem to always play for themselves even in a team match. I always try to come to the rescue of a teammate if they're being attacked but it's seldom the other players come to help me.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I'm impartial on the first part (the DCU style customization). One strategy I like to use in the beta is identify the armor my opponent has and try to exploit it. On the other hand, look good you feel good, feel good you play good.

And definitely yes to a bit of color customization. What really sucks is when you are trying to mix and match armor sets for various stat load outs but then your character ends up looking like the goofiest thing ever.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

d1v4d wrote:

I actually just noticed that. Only 'up' is used, that's odd. 

And yes that was me.

Ahh, cool. I enjoyed the collaboration as well and you're the first person I had fun taunting with. Notice how I would congratulate you when you brought the flag? :smileytongue:

It's a shame that's the rarity when people seem to always play for themselves even in a team match. I always try to come to the rescue of a teammate if they're being attacked but it's seldom the other players come to help me.

Hahaha yeah I noticed. I wanted you to pick up the homerun hammer so I'd constantly taunt near it :smileyvery-happy:

I actually didn't see any teammates that round besides you, what was up with that? Fun match though. I recognized you from this Forum though, which triggered the taunting :smileytongue: Then it just got more fun as it seemed to be a way of communicating. When I play with my buddies, I ALWAYS attack since one of my friends is a powerhouse. It's just something I do automatically; however, I sometimes forget to defend.
-------

and don't worry man, customization thoughts have been very popular.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Thats the main reason I had this idea.

You cant have the stats you want without looking stupid, you cant even make them have matching colors.

I don't know anything about making games but I assume adding color customization is one of the easier things to do when it comes to DLC or patching in things.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Jan 20, 2013
People actually using teamwork? That's awesome. And yeah I always try to taunt in congratulations when possible if a teammate captures a flag/altar, gets a brutal kill, or cyclops kill.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (62 Views)
Fender Bender
4057 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

King_Gheedorahh wrote:
Thats the main reason I had this idea.

You cant have the stats you want without looking stupid, you cant even make them have matching colors.

I don't know anything about making games but I assume adding color customization is one of the easier things to do when it comes to DLC or patching in things.

Hue is the only color-based feature I'd want for customization. A common color palette consists of 256 colors, and it isn't hard to do at all.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Jan 20, 2013

@King_Gheedorahh I Stopped By The Neighborhood To Tell You This Very Important Message !

Are You Ready ?

Here It Goes, ...I Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Really Like Your Registration Date !!!

I Then Bid You A Good Day Sir !

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Huh, never noticed that.

Twelve twenty one twenty twelve.

How odd.