Highlighted
Apr 24 2013
By: czeuch Uncharted Territory 1892 posts

Trial of the Gods Guide

[ Edited ]
36 replies 8246 views Edited Apr 24, 2013

Here is a guide I just made. Most of you already know this, some might have better strategies. Feel free to comment and criticze with value Smiley Happy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Whenever possible, push enemies to death (L3 + O). That means, against  spikes or ring outs. Don't fight unless it's necessary. Almost all  enemies can be pushed, at least in rotunda and forum. Against tricky  enemies, like satyr captain, siren, amazona, you must wait until they  try to hit you in order to successfully ring them out.

* Activate traps (Hold R1) in the desert if solo, or lure the monsters  into the trap if co-op

* Know when to use the world weapons (forum and rotunda). Save them for  bosses like medusas, cyclops, cerberus, centaurs and the fearful  guardian. About the big club weapon, use it like this: jump + O, land, O. Repeat. This way you'll maximize your damage. When the time is running out, discard it (L1 + O).

* Try to use health fountains only when you're low health. On the other hand, take magic fountains on sight.

* If you using a sword, I good way to fight is to jump slice (X + T), then square, square. Repeat.

* Always open the chests, they give you 8 extra seconds

Map breakdown

Forum

* Push all satyr against spikes
* Grapple the insects
* Jump and grapple the harpies twice
* Use the first spear on the cerberus. Throw 2 of them and then discard. Grapple the beast to ride it and kill the monster. Or if you prefer, use 9 spears and then discard. When he gets the white halo, continue beating him to death and push all other monsters
* Use the second spear on Hercules (round 2). But first clear all other monsters
* Try to fight Hercules at the center of the arena in order to avoid death (top spikes and ring out)
* Use the third spear on the first centaur
* Clear all enemies before engaging the seond centaur
* Use the last spear on the second cerberus
* To fight Hercules (second phase), use full resources, but avoid heavy attack. They are slow and you might get caugh in the powerful slams from his nemean cestus. Jump slice + [] + [] might help here. But never more than twice in a row, because you'll certainly get caught. Be quick in your attacks, evade when he goes red. On the last phase, when his armor and cestus is broken, be very careful when he tries to grapple you. He if does, you'll have to either shake L3 or press some button. Don't miss that, or you'll be dead.

Rotunda

* Ring out all satyrs
* do the same for the manticores, but you can also grapple them and change the direction to ring them out. It is useful when the manticores are in the center of the map. This way you don't need to circle around to ring them out by pushing them
* Don't take the world weapons
* Wait for the siren to start her attack, sprint and ring out
* Clear all small satyrs and then lure the satyr captain near to the border of the map. WAit for his attack, ring out. If it doesn't work the first time, try again, repeat. He might grapple to pull you (which is very annoyinh), but then try to evade before he hits you
* take the club, beat the cyclop to death. You can kill the cyclop before the club timer is finished: X + O + O. Repeat. Ring out all small satyrs and the captain as the last one
* Against the dogs, hit them once and grapple them. Change the direction towards the edge of the map. Ring out, ring out, ring out. That's the rotunda
* Lure the amazona to the edge, wait her to become red. She'll give multiple attacks. Before the last one is finished, sprint and ring out. It's tricky, but can be done in one try
* Get rid of some dogs and focus on ringing the siren out. Them continue the dog ring out. Try to aim for the amazona and you can get 2 for the price of 1. Sometimes, a dog will hit her and she'll be out of the map as well. If not, eliminate all dogs and ring her out afterwards
* To fight the first medusa, take the sword world weapon and kill her. Then ring out everything
* Save the remaining club for the guardian
* You'll have to fight the other medusa in normal ways, so put your skills to work
* When the guardian appears, take the club and use the same strategy as for the cyclop. By watch out, the guardian is way more poweful. He has combos, he parries, he rings out, he deals a lot of damage

Desert

* Here it's a little bit more tricky to ring out. There are 2 wall breaks where you can ring out in the first area. Use them. Otherwise, fight decently
* Take the chests, active the altar, jump over the fence and use the trap. take the club
* By now you should know how to fight with the club
* You have 2 options here: quick way or slower way. If you want to maximize the XP and you have time, you go left and later on go back here and go right (see below)
* Climb the left side with the club on your back
* Kill monster, active the trap to trigger (hold R1), take the club
* Lure the monster into de fire and use your club on the remaining ones.
NOTE: traps are very important. They kill a lot of monsters leaving you only some of them to kill. I was "soloying" the desert with my poseidon lvl 30 and I was getting gold on everything. Then on the third wave of round 3, I used the trap instead of activating it to trigger. The crank was gone so I didn't had the fire to help me. I had almost 10 minutes left. From there on, I got some bronzes and no club, and things were really bad.
* At this point, you can go forward to the area where poly is on the last round, or you can double back and clear the right side. The right side is similar to the left side, so, it's up to you
* The first "boss" is the elephant. Use the club and don't stop beating him even when he has the white halo
* Kill the shielded satyrs
* To kill the manticores with the club, you can only jump and hit, jump and hit. 2 hits and they're dead, unless you're using ares with relic of determination. Then 1 hit will do the trick
* If you need magic, use brutal kill on the wraith. When they enter the full defense stance, back up and wait them to get out of this stance. Then rush on them and beat them
* On the second area (left side), be careful about the satyr bombs. The place is very small and they hurt
* Remember the chest, trap and club
* Clear this area (with 2 fires traps) and you decide if you will double back
* The second "boss" is the amazona. Jump beat, beat with the club
* The dogs usually die with one hit, but they evade. You'll have no issues here
* Try to get the talos into the spike trap. He'll go "ares inferno" and then you finish him off with the club. The club is your best friend here
* On the fire traps area, there will be an amazona. Use the club on her
* The third "boss" is the talos again. Club him to death
* Round 4 will throw you armored annoying satyr. Watch out for their unblockable attacks. Evade. Their though, but again, the club helps you a lot
* On the second area here, there will be a satyr captain. You can kill him with the trap. If not, club, club club on the head
* On the fire traps area, there will be a cyclop. Pray that he will be burned and finish him with the club
* The fourth boss is the fearless chimera. She might be glitched and invincible. If not, you'll have to make some efforts to kill her. She is a b i t c h. Try to clear all enemies before fighting her
* On Round 5 you will armored satyr with swords, even more annoying than the ones with hammer. They're fast, try not to get hit by their unblockable attack
* From here it's pretty much the same as the last 4 rounds
* When you get to poly's area, try not to hit poly or he'll get angry. You don't want poly to get angry. If he tries to crush you, go to the left side of the map and jump.
* Clear all monster and take the spear
* Run to the killing spot and ignore all other monsters. Or kill them if you want Smiley Tongue

Allegiances

Poseidon: poseison crest and siren chant are a good.choice. The crest freeze enemies which might be easily killed with the club or with decent physical attack. The chant heals... You can't die so healing is always nice.

Ares: ares inferno and relic of determination. Below lvl 31 use.relic of ares might. Ares is very good for trial since he has huge physical attack.

Zeus: I would recommend a mixed or balanced build because you won't always have magic or specials. The blade of athena can come handy here. As for magic, use lightning storm or reckoning of zeus.

Hades: persephones charm and any fast specials weapon should help. As for the relic and magic, relic of brutality (health on brutal kills) and hades torrent are the choices to stay alive.

Co-op

Poseidon + Ares: very good team. Poseidon can freeze enemies, Ares have the strength to easily crush them. Poseidon heals, or slows enemies. Aers beat a lot.

Ares + Ares: beat, beat and beat. This pair will beat the c_r_a_p out of the enemies... They won't stand a chance.

Zeus + Ares: I don't need to talk about Ares again, but Zeus have some crow control magics. In this case, lightning storm. Playing co-op allow Zeus to use relic of asclepius and spam a lot of magic. If the health goes down, team mate can save you. 

Hades + Ares: both allegiances are physically based, so it works very well. Hades will spam specials and with relic of harmony, it can heals both of you.

Poseidon + Poseidon: unless the builds are very different, I'm not so sure if it's really effectice. One thing is for sure: you won't die! But the time might be against you. There are many situations in which you rely on physical power (chimera, medusas, hercules) and so you see the problem. 

Poseidon + Zeus: when an enemy is frozen, if both of you beat him he might be crushed, depending on your physical attacks. Maybe the cyclop will resist, but both allegiances usually have low physical attacks. But this is still a good team because there is freezing, slowing, crowd control, etc.

Poseidon + Hades: good team, Hades usually have good physical power, so it compensates the low damage from Poseidon. Here Hades can use relic of agility, since Poseidon will likely heal you.

Zeus + Zeus: lack of physical power, amazing elemental power. This can be tricky, since as mentioned earlier, you'll rely on physical combat and Zeus is not the best for that. One could use relic of harmony and the other relic of asclepius. This could maximize the opportunity for magic uses.

Zeus + Hades: here again, Hades will compensate the low physical attacks from Zeus. Hades could serve and the healer in this case.

Hades + Hades: both good warriors, one can be healer and the other focused on combat (i.e. relic of agility). One can use the lance of hades for draining health, the other might use the blade of hades with persephones charm to spam draining attacks. The possibilities are big.

Documentation

http://www.ign.com/wikis/god-of-war-ascension/Team_Trial_of_the_Gods_Mode_2-Player_Co-op

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnuiVu7TY6A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX7wH5X8PH8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyChU9GCHz4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4HyaoRVFI8

Notes from other Champions

Castel:

- For the Satyr Captains you don't have to wait for an attack, when they are near the adge do a shoulder check (they will roll of course), then do a quick run around to line them up for a ringout and shoulder check again. They always get hit by the second one if you do it fast enough.

- I find it easier to ring out the Amazon using the parry instead of shoulder check, lure her to the edge  as you said but try to keep her between the edge and yourself. When she turns red activate the parry and you should bounce her out.

- If on the final wave Medusa you don't have a sword available, clear the other enemies and then again use parries. When the Medusa rises up active the parry and then run in for some quick attack s or a special. This way you don't have to worry about her tail swipe. If you have trouble telling whether she will attack or beam when she rises don't worry about it... just parry to be safe. Shake out of the freeze (does no damage or very little if it does) and jump right away to avoid the tail swipe. Then continue with quick attacks until she rises again.... rinse and repeat.

Poseidon4ever:

Spear and Lance of Poseidon doesn't heal in Trial of the Gods.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 1 of 37 (8,246 Views)
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

Re: Trial of the Gods Guide

Apr 24, 2013

Nice guide. Good Job.Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 37 (8,231 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Got 23 Gold and 3 silver in the map "Desert of Lost Souls " last night.

Trying to get all gold.

Use Ares, the new relic of Ares is so great.Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 37 (8,198 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2013

in Forum if you played Ares you can tackle insect to the death in 1 hit but if you wear full set of artemis armor or full set of battle armor and blade of ares.

Message 4 of 37 (8,194 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Apr 24, 2013
Guide updated with co-op info. Let me know if I should add anything.

Thanks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 37 (8,161 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Cool, I had posted the link to the IGN guide in another thread a few days ago. Yours seems more thorough though. Kudos man!

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 6 of 37 (8,159 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Apr 24, 2013
Thanks dude. I've posted the IGN link in this guide as well Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 37 (8,156 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Very nice guide, I just have a few additional tips for Rotunda.

- For the Satyr Captains you don't have to wait for an attack, when they are near the adge do a shoulder check (they will roll of course), then do a quick run around to line them up for a ringout and shoulder check again. They always get hit by the second one if you do it fast enough.

- I find it easier to ring out the Amazon using the parry instead of shoulder check, lure her to the edge  as you said but try to keep her between the edge and yourself. When she turns red activate the parry and you should bounce her out.

- If on the final wave Medusa you don't have a sword available, clear the other enemies and then again use parries. When the Medusa rises up active the parry and then run in for some quick attack s or a special. This way you don't have to worry about her tail swipe. If you have trouble telling whether she will attack or beam when she rises don't worry about it... just parry to be safe. Shake out of the freeze (does no damage or very little if it does) and jump right away to avoid the tail swipe. Then continue with quick attacks until she rises again.... rinse and repeat.

Message 8 of 37 (8,142 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Apr 24, 2013
Good tips! I'll add a section later on with "comments".

Message 9 of 37 (8,135 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Apr 24, 2013
Diff_Namo, did you get gold on the last wave? I have gotten near perfect clearance of the last wave a few times but the boss kill animation just takes to long.

Starting the wave with the club (and Relic of Determination), taking care of 2 Harpy Queens and 2 Satyrs instantly. Then I stand around for what seems like 5-7 seconds waiting for the next enemies to spawn, by then I just have enough time left on the club to discard kill one more Satyr and activate Inferno to quickly kill the remaining Satyr.

At that point I have plenty of time left on the 'Gold' clock but the animation of pulling the spear, then running over and actually killing the boss always puts me in Silver territory.
Message 10 of 37 (8,135 Views)
0 Likes