Jun 09 2013
By: SILVERX200 Survivor 2304 posts

Tremendous Lag Tonight

5 replies 3238 views Edited Jun 9, 2013
Anyone else experiencing this tonight? It's like the servers were cut off and only a few are available under a stressful load.

I haven't played a single match for 5 rounds now where my attacks come out at all or after a long delay. I just left a match where I blocked and I let go of the controller as three people attacked me and character kept blocking.

I don't know if server load was cut down in preparation for E3 but the game is suffering some serious lag.
Message 1 of 6 (3,238 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Re: Tremendous Lag Tonight

Jun 9, 2013

mine and all the people i play with is doing the same. i know a couple people who can't even get a match.  this just started happening about 2 days ago. i gave up earlier. i think the issue is with the psn. it keeps signing people out completely.  this game has had some major issues since the new patch but it;s never been this tough to find a match.

Message 2 of 6 (3,230 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

Jun 9, 2013

ya  same here it's the network 

Message 3 of 6 (3,225 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2304 posts

Jun 9, 2013
Yeah, I just played another match and everything was a delayed response so I left. I used Ares Inferno and it locked me into the animation and pressing R2 did nothing to end it.

I'm going to try playing some other games on PSN but I have a feeling I will be able to play normally.
Message 4 of 6 (3,199 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3413 posts

Jun 9, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:
Yeah, I just played another match and everything was a delayed response so I left. I used Ares Inferno and it locked me into the animation and pressing R2 did nothing to end it.

I'm going to try playing some other games on PSN but I have a feeling I will be able to play normally.

I think that it might be the network. I usually have decent internet, but today I kept getting signed out of PSN and finding a match has been tough. I know that since 1.07 matchmaking has been bad, but I usually find a match in a matter of minutes, when before 1.07 I had a match every time, only haveing to wait for like 30 seconds, and it wouldnt disconnect me from the party as the match was about to start. I hope that 1.08 and 1.09 bring some matchmaking improvements. I have had this problem with Black Ops 2 and Bioshock Infinite  also so IDK if it is PSN or I just have really bad internet today for some reason. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 5 of 6 (969 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2304 posts

Jun 9, 2013

I wasn't having a problem getting into a match. There was the usual full list that results in a refresh a few times but it was an issue once in a match.

The gameplay was just sluggish and attacks wouldn't come out, and when they would it felt like playing in slow motion because of the input lag. I play on a wired connection but the game is probably giving the host ability to someone on a wireless connection that is bouncing from green to red every second.

I went to play Castlevania: Harmony of Despair and had no issues with lag even when playing with mostly Japanese players. The server issues are connected to the game.

As for PSN signing people off, either they're doing server maintenance and not telling anyone or they're taking servers offline in preparation for all of the streaming starting on Monday for E3.

Message 6 of 6 (597 Views)
0 Likes