Jun 16 2013
By: AFLYINGSHROOM First Son 1 posts

ToTg 2p

2 replies 122 views Edited Jun 16, 2013
first time posting in the forum but Im usually reading all the topics. anway
when i first got the game and tried totg it was sweet even though i couldnt clear any for like a month or two, people seemed to work together it was fun. Now its like everyone has "dumbed down" i skip on all the white chests as Ive got all the weps and i share the fountains and world weps, but Ive noticed people start spending ages brutal killing everything (i know u get extra time from them but most of the mobs take longer to kill than their bonus ) no one seems to try and knock themoff the edges esp on rotunda or they pick up the hammer and throw it at the first mob they see wasting its potential and when did people stop splitting in desert? i play totg because its fun and i get more xp than other modes esp now theres ascended dudes its like i cant even bring them to 50% but i wont complain about that. anyone else noticed others getting worse in totg or just me?
Message 1 of 3 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Re: ToTg 2p

Jun 16, 2013

I'm always bummed how, even after how long the game's been out, most people *still* don't know basic ToTG practices like shoving smaller enemies off of ledges and saving world weapons for tougher monsters (like cyclops, hooded gorgons, elephantaurs, etc.). My assumption is that they're just players who mostly play competitive modes (which I assume is a majority of the playerbase) who came over to try a ToTG game.

However, I will say that as dissapointing as it is to get an inexperienced ToTG teammate, getting one who actually *does* know what they're doing is like the exact opposite: best feeling in the whole world during those rare times when I manage to have excellent synergy with my teammate; even if we don't end up beating the whole trial, just having a competent teammate makes the game that much more enjoyable.

Message 2 of 3 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
801 posts

Re: ToTg 2p

Jun 16, 2013
You get more xp for brutal kills to. Some maps don't have the same advantage. Rotunda is easy to knock mobs off, forum has the spikes, desert has very limited knock off points, Persia has two possible knock off points (traps are in a horrible spot) and the oracle one has two that I know of. Not to mention there is a labor for brutal kills.
Message 3 of 3 (92 Views)
0 Likes