Fender Bender
4319 posts

Re: To the Complaints about Multiplayer

Apr 5, 2013

gypsy816 wrote:

Mukizu wrote:

I can't help but to notice that most of the complaints in this forum are mainly from the losers. It feels as if only those who lose care to post. I've seen complaints about every single aspect of this game. Weapons, world weapons, chest, grapples, Combos, builds, Gods, and more. Hopefully this stops, I hardly have trouble playing the game and or people that play. Generally I have fun, besides the obvious flaws like the brutal tether glitch where you fly away and matchmaking. Other than that I say less complaining and go get more skill. A little competitive attitudes won't hurt either shesh what a touchy forum.

Interesting read, but that's one of the things I like about a forum. It's just that. A forum. 

Maybe that's just me. Smiley Happy

Indeed!

I understand where Mukizu is coming from.  Let's look at all the "overpowered" complaints.  For the most part, that was BS.  People got lit up (literally in Zeus' case) by players and cried foul.  Some things seemed unstoppable.  After you play as the other classes, you start to realize their strengths and weaknesses.

Most of us know about the legitimate issues, however.  Infinite combos, glitches and all of those should be addressed before it gets out of hand (and it will, it always does), especially after stats and leaderboards are introduced.  Lack of host migration, lag and matchmaking issues and other problems are still prevalent but, initially here at least, it sounds like they're being worked on.  That's something and I hope it pans out.

Mukizu said he isn't dismissing the valid issues with the game, just that a lot of gripes seem to come from people who haven't quite seen the whole scope of the game, only one narrow view of it.   I think that's a fair observation for the most part.  

The more I've played, the more I've gotten to appreciate how much balance there is in the game.  I don't like everything about it, no doubt there, but I can easily say I'm enjoying the game more than I'm disappointed by it.  That's pretty rare for a lot of my gaming purchases, especially where I had such high expectations as I did with this first God of War multiplayer experience.

And as for people complaining that there's any multiplayer at all, I hope they take their outdated views back to 2006.  No God of War has ever been supported with content post-release, save maybe for some skins.   If I'm not mistaken, there will possibly be some sort of campaign DLC to come with Ascension.  At the very least, there will be multiplayer DLC.  It's more content no matter how you look at it than is traditionally created after a God of War game comes out, yet they still cry that multiplayer has somehow ruined the franchise.  Insanity.

Count me in the group that is very grateful to be able to go online and play against / with other God of War fans.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 11 of 14 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3054 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Totally. And we appreciate any and all feedback. The more the merrier! 

Message 12 of 14 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Apr 5, 2013
The customer is always right. Unless they're wrong.
Message 13 of 14 (76 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 6, 2013

Well put Vanthem, I suppose i'm not as alone as I thought I was. Btw speaking of stats and leader boards...Do you think CTF deaths will count due to the flag carrier being a death walking target?

Message 14 of 14 (61 Views)
0 Likes