Jan 09 2013
By: squareandrare First Son 1 posts

Thoughts after 90 minutes of playing

3 replies 173 views Edited Jan 9, 2013

Well done, guys.  This is much better than I expected.  I honestly didn't see how GoW could work in multiplayer, but you guys pulled it off.

Let's start off with the good:

1. There was no lag in the controls; it felt like I was playing God of War single-player.
  2. Choosing a god to allign with is a great idea, and I hope the gods we can't access yet will add to the variety.
  3. The random bonus weapons were powerful but not too overpowered. 
  4. Executing the cyclops (titan?) in team brawl was fantastically satisfying

A few things I didn't like:

1. The menu system for leveling up equipment between matches is a bit confusing.  I forgot where I was in the heirarchy a couple of times and had to cancel the exit to the main menu.
  2. The L1 + Triangle move for the Gladiator Hammer seems overpowered.  It's the move that shoots out an earthquake in all directions and lauches opponents in the air.  I could kill at will using this technique.  It's unblockable, interrupts opponent combos, has a really wide range, and after opponents are knocked into the air, they are completely helpless to air grabs.  You can then finish them off with a strong hammer blow to the head and try to squash them while they're still on the ground.  I was able to get a 12-1 kill/loss ratio by spamming this combo.
  3. Opening chests is kind of boring, and it's a cheap way to get match points.  Maybe give some other bonus, but you shouldn't be able to get match points by running away and opening chests.
Message 1 of 4 (173 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: Thoughts after 90 minutes of playing

Jan 9, 2013
  1. Opening chests is kind of boring, and it's a cheap way to get match points.  Maybe give some other bonus, but you shouldn't be able to get match points by running away and opening chests.

i agree it kills the competition.

Message 2 of 4 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jan 9, 2013
I agree on the Gladiator Hammer. I started out with that and rocked the first three matches.

Chests though are low enough in points and it's better than nothing when you're going from point A to point B.
Message 3 of 4 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Some of the relics use the chests to get things, i cant remember the names but, there are two Zeus relics that when you open a chest there's a "minigame" where when you win it you get 50 mana, or after opening 3 chests your whole team gets 50 mana

There's an Ares relic where if you win the mini game your team gets 10-20 hp, the amount is baised on what level the relic is.

So there is a point for having the chests there, also, if the chest is white you get a special armor, or part of one of the two special weapons.

Message 4 of 4 (121 Views)
0 Likes