Lombax Warrior
82 posts

Re: This is why the game is failing.

May 16, 2013

Perhaps the level 1 guys are in a party together, and you got picked up to make it a full 4 on 4.

It's hard to say if it's a matchmaking thing because there is not enough information given on who you're matched with.

I would recommend SMS to add some kind of visual cue to the lobby/scoreboard that shows which players are in groups.

Also I would like to know who the Host is and the connection strength of all the players.

Message 11 of 24 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

They could have been in a party. This is has never happened to anybody past month 1 besides you. Its extremely likely that they like to play together and decided to try a new allegiance. They have to start somewhere SILVER. If you're trying to say they were terrible by avoiding altars and leaving you for dead... well thats common of even level 40s. If you notice one of them has 2 artemis pieces so this is obviously the case.

This is funny because they actually did very well for level 1. Maybe you carried them because you're the best player ever.

Message 12 of 24 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

May 16, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

I tried sharpening that picture but it's just so blurry it doesn't make much of a difference. I didn't have time to focus the shot better which sucks because I didn't even get to see what the final results were overall. If I didn't kill Polyphemus we would have lost because as you can see they already had like 7100+ points.

I think for the most part there were some seasoned players using a new allegiance but even at level 1 you're at a disadvantage. If I was against a team of all level 40 I don't think anyone would have stayed.

I was using the Lance of Poseidon because I wanted to change things up as I'd normally use the Spear of Poseidon. I saved a lot of my teammates from death a number of times, but I was always alone when it came to being swarmed by 3 or 4 of the other team which sucks.

All "sharpness" does is increase contrast between the edge pixels. Just a little tip, but you've experienced it first hand, now. Blurry image = sh*tty post-production sharpen.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 13 of 24 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2333 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

SILVERX200 wrote:

I tried sharpening that picture but it's just so blurry it doesn't make much of a difference. I didn't have time to focus the shot better which sucks because I didn't even get to see what the final results were overall. If I didn't kill Polyphemus we would have lost because as you can see they already had like 7100+ points.

I think for the most part there were some seasoned players using a new allegiance but even at level 1 you're at a disadvantage. If I was against a team of all level 40 I don't think anyone would have stayed.

I was using the Lance of Poseidon because I wanted to change things up as I'd normally use the Spear of Poseidon. I saved a lot of my teammates from death a number of times, but I was always alone when it came to being swarmed by 3 or 4 of the other team which sucks.

All "sharpness" does is increase contrast between the edge pixels. Just a little tip, but you've experienced it first hand, now. Blurry image = sh*tty post-production sharpen.

The picture I posted wasn't changed in any way. I went through a couple ways of trying to make the image more readable but it's so out of focus and blurred to begin with that it really didn't make much of a difference. I was trying to give it better clarity.

As for the team I was with, they certainly did well enough to not end up as total meatbags but the point is that 3 players with Level 1 should not be happening against significantly higher levels. At one point all four of us were at the Spear of Olympus as I was retrieving it, and they all...just... left. I then had all four of the opposing team on me at once while my team was nowhere to be found and that is when I died the first time.

The same thing nearly happened again the second time, but two of my teammates were in proximity while I had two enemies on me. I used my Cloak of Boreas to get some distance but it didn't last long, and then I had to fight my way to throw the Spear as there was already a fire trap lit and an enemy on the platform where I needed to be.

Even in that blurry mess you can see I had higher Favor/Battle Skill/Objective points than anyone on my team and the majority of the other team as well. I just need more team interaction and less lone wolf even with low level players. It's bad enough when you play with people who can't even tell who is on their own team.

There needs to be an icon for party teams so you know who is associated with whom if that is the case. You can usually figure it out when you see the same names any time you play with an opposing team regardless of what day and when you play.

The team balancing is just wrong. This leads to match start quitting.

Message 14 of 24 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

I get games with atleast 2 under level 10 players every day i play, this is very common. I'm in Europe, and seems the player base is really non-existent here, i am lucky to be able to get 1... YES 1 full 4 vs 4 match in a day without anyone quitting!!! A full lobby of players is a miracle and even more so if every one of them is above 30.

Ps. probably the best nickname ever: StrechMyBalls69

Gotta say made me laugh, even if there is a "typo" there.

Message 15 of 24 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2333 posts

May 17, 2013

I played with someone named FuzzyTurdNuggets last night. He was a sh|tty player on top of it so the name fit.

Message 16 of 24 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

May 18, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

I played with someone named FuzzyTurdNuggets last night. He was a sh|tty player on top of it so the name fit.

I had a match earlier with HairyBallSackTURD.

Lucky me, he was under level 10 AND on my team.   -_-  Honestly, I see a name like that and it makes me want to shut off my PS3 anyway.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 17 of 24 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2333 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

Sexual or perverse PSN IDs are one of the more interesting things you come across while playing. Of course they always end up on the team we play on, because that's how the gods plan it.

Some names are just good for a laugh.

Message 18 of 24 (59 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

May 18, 2013

For level 1s they did pretty well, getting about 1000 favour judging by the picture. Also judging by their armor, some of them have played before. Their level gives a slight disadvantage but still doesn't mean they are bad. But they should have shuffled the lobby so some of the level 1s were on the other team. Possibly the other team or the level 1s were in a party so that is why this could have happened. I wouldn't say it's SSM's fault.

Message 19 of 24 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2333 posts

May 18, 2013

They also got a Favor Boost by running near me when I initiated the Polyphemus kill. Sometimes people get additional favor points by being right by you when the kill is initiated, or maybe it's the team kill in general.

I know others have said people have gotten kill points from it by being close to the player who kills him which was me in this case. Yes, I was very lucky that these weren't fresh off the boat player 1's but we wouldn't have won if I didn't get the spear and kill Polyphemus.

Message 20 of 24 (54 Views)
0 Likes