Aug 18 2013
By: luigixx7 First Son 26 posts

This game just become Call of Duty with swords... and lag

12 replies 518 views Edited Aug 18, 2013

and its not an accomplishment, sometimes I wonder "how they do to make it so much broken?" the first month was fantastic and now Poseidon is so much OP and every new player just can't learn because the people who always play don't let, and there is so much lag, really is ridiculous, my connection is good (5MB) and I can play perfectly any other online game, but I love this game so much, I enjoy the first two weeks, but now I can't play one match without lag and OP Poseidon players and OP prestigious players, I am concern for the future of the franchise (the multiplayer not the SP), that they make the same mistakes in his MP games, like Naughty dog, just wanted to say.

Message 1 of 13 (518 Views)
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Re: This game just become Call of Duty with swords... and lag

Aug 18, 2013
I'm more concerned about the future of SP than MP. It'd be nice if they could fix all the problems though.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 2 of 13 (477 Views)
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Aug 18, 2013
I did not like the SP. I felt unfavourably abot how the story went. It just did not grip me the way the others did. I understand the were working on MP too but i'm still unsatisfied.
The cycle ends here
Blade of Olympus 2 on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 3 of 13 (469 Views)
Gaming Beast
1977 posts

Aug 19, 2013
There weren't any gods. So fights weren't as epic like 1 and 3
Message 4 of 13 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2013

Once the "Ascension" feature and "Boosters" were put on the PSN Store this game died, I fear Kratos is displeased with this GoW as am I. I truly do miss the Beta but it's not all bad just try to play for fun even though we got try hards running around and other people that ruined this game. Personally I thought this game was going to be huge when the MP was announced but sadly it fell flat face first in the ground that's what happens when "Greed" takes over this game has so much potential it's unreal but SSM does nothing to make this game what Marvel it should have been shame really. How many God of War's could they have taken inspiration to make more content for this MP? No let's make crap re skins, boosters, 1 4v4 map after how many months? I could go further on this game but why bother GTA V, The Last of Us and Batman need me, this game was finished before it started.

Message 5 of 13 (385 Views)
Gaming Beast
1977 posts

Aug 19, 2013
Ive been a fan since game 1. I can't abondon it now
Message 6 of 13 (376 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Aug 19, 2013

It was a nasty shock, leaving the game before the Ascension update as a mid-tier player (at best), coming back now to check out the gauntlets and find myself utterly outmatched and completely destroyed. I can't compete, and all I do is drag down my team. Yeah, lag and imba and all that jazz; 100% combos, the sheer unkillability of Posidon, my own skill-ceiling butting up against the soles of better players. This weekend has been a good lesson -- you can't go back.

I just want to log on every so often and duke it out with like-skilled players, make progress on my champion, unlock cool armor and weapons. If I could do that, I would keep playing forever. That's genuinely all I want in a multiplayer game. Something that's always fun, even when I'm losing, even when I'm bad -- because I'm matched up with all the other bad losers and we can lose bad together.

For the record, though, I genuinely think Ascension SP is aces. The best level design and pacing of any of the games, and stellar art direction. The story didn't thrill me, but it was well told, and I liked the intimate scale. I'm not tired of the franchise, but I think Kratos is well past his prime as the main character. I would actually love to see the next game take the mechanics of MP (leveling, variety of weapon/armor/magic choices, god allegience) and use that to create a new destiny for the franchise going forward. That would be keen.

Anyway. If they do another MP, I'll try it. I just hope they've learned from this how to pace updates and how to retain players and a lot about network play and balance and all that jazz. I still think it's a fantastic mode in a lot of ways -- it's just moved beyond me and I don't have the time, will or money to catch up.

Message 7 of 13 (344 Views)
Last Guardian
11800 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2013

The problem is they turned off matchmaking elo. You are no longer matched by skill but by how fast you connect to each other

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 13 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Aug 19, 2013

Poseidon4ever wrote:

The problem is they turned off matchmaking elo. You are no longer matched by skill but by how fast you connect to each other

That would be it. For me, anyway.

Oh well. Maybe next time, since we'll all be paying for online play, we can get servers. I like to think that would help.

Message 9 of 13 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1977 posts

Aug 19, 2013
Yea can't expect it to be perfect. God of wars first MP. They did a pretty good job with it. It's different then any mp I ever played
Message 10 of 13 (314 Views)
0 Likes