Jan 08 2013
By: BroKeNxSwoRd Monster Hunter 33 posts

There should be a evade and running cooldown!!

11 replies 217 views Edited Jan 8, 2013

It is rediculous how many times ppl have managed to escape with no health left!! And we can not always rely on the grapple ( 3 out of 5 x it never grabs ppl that run/evade) so unless there is some kind of  adjustment to the grapple ( I still think there needs to b a limit as 2 how much u can run/evade )  then I can c the raging now from ppl

Message 1 of 12 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Re: There should be a evade and running cooldown!!

Jan 8, 2013
I feel it would be better to have a more smooth grapple system really. Because when someone's evading, during the whole time they have a halo over their head, meaning from the time they first flick it, to the moment where they stop spam evading they can be grappled. Same with running, they can be grappled from like the moment they start running. Being able to grapple someone with low health is a must.

It IS ridiculous how so many people can just get away...say I'll be in a hardcore fight with someone then they just run away...they go get almost full health and I'm sitting here bleeding out and they come back with full magic or a world weapon...not really fair at all.
Message 2 of 12 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

A STAMINA mechanic would be ideal in a  game such as this. I doubt SSM would introduce such.. Only a month and a half before they start printing discs...

Message 3 of 12 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 8, 2013

FieryCaptain wrote:

A STAMINA mechanic would be ideal in a  game such as this. I doubt SSM would introduce such.. Only a month and a half before they start printing discs...

What the----that is what I said. LOL. It seems as if the patch did nothing, if anything for balance issues. The dodge is just as spammable, and the grapple is just as unresponsive. Plus, Zeus magic and weapons are still wildly abused. I know that a stamina system is a must. As it is now, ppl just spam the crap out of dodge in battle and defensive situations. The i-frames are also just as bad. All of this culminates in unbalanced playstlyes being even more exaccerbated.

Message 4 of 12 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 6, 2013

Heres a good thread, take a look. Hoping this Run=Win thing gets more attention. I really don't want this game to get even worse and die off before it even started (something it is doing right now...) but i fear it is too late.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/Sprinting-Again/td-p/4004031...

Message 5 of 12 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Lets hope that Grapple tether is addressed in the upcoming patch.

Nothing more to say about it

Message 6 of 12 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Yes i agree with some people about there should be a stamina for running not a cooldown and for evading are you kidding me.
If you want to play with me its ok i will add you PSN ID: Spartca

Member of the Demigod Legion

Message 7 of 12 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 8, 2013
@Alghazanth

Thanks for referring to the thread I created about Sprinting. We've seem them try to tweak the Grapple system repeatedly to no avail. It still doesn't work as intended in a lot of cases. So, just give Sprinting and Dodging a Cooldown. Simple enough solution eh?

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW
Message 8 of 12 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Apr 8, 2013
No need to modify dodge and sprint...
Grapple system needs a fix, thats it.

Message 9 of 12 (92 Views)
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Apr 8, 2013

sNsReal wrote:
No need to modify dodge and sprint...
Grapple system needs a fix, thats it.

=)

If you want to play with me its ok i will add you PSN ID: Spartca

Member of the Demigod Legion

Message 10 of 12 (79 Views)
0 Likes