Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Re: The responsiveness of Grappling is nonexistent.....

Jan 6, 2013

kb4983 wrote:

Sounds like you guys might not have that good of a connection and have lag, or you might not be using the grapple system entirely correctly. I'm pretty sure you have to control who you grapple by pushing the analog stick in the direction of who you want to grapple.

There have been times i've missed people when surrouned but it has been my mistake by pressing the analog stick in the opposite direction of the person that can be grappled.

I've really haven't had that big of a problem grappling anyone recently at all.

really? I thought that pressing R1 was just enough. I am going to try to press the analog stick when the chain comes out. This will be hard, since you cannot grab while walking.

Message 11 of 13 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

RichYungThaBest wrote:

really? I thought that pressing R1 was just enough. I am going to try to press the analog stick when the chain comes out. This will be hard, since you cannot grab while walking.

I'm pretty sure it helps to be pointing the stick towards the opponent you wish to grapple. I swear i've missed opportunties to grapple enemies by pressing the stick in the wrong direction. I could be imagining it though haha!

Message 12 of 13 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Jan 7, 2013

kb4983 wrote:

Sounds like you guys might not have that good of a connection and have lag, or you might not be using the grapple system entirely correctly. I'm pretty sure you have to control who you grapple by pushing the analog stick in the direction of who you want to grapple.

There have been times I've missed people when surrouned but it has been my mistake by pressing the analog stick in the opposite direction of the person that can be grappled.

I've really haven't had that big of a problem grappling anyone recently at all.

As for lag, yes this game has massive lag... and it's not like it's just a few of us it seems almost everyone is talking about lag.  I haven't heard one person say "this game is lag free."  I understand so save me the cliche "it's a beta derp derp" response because really, you don't have to tell me.  Before they shut the servers off, you'd very rarely get super lag...I mean there were players that lagged but since the servers came back on, I feel just about every scenario I'm in is influenced by lag a lot.  

As for not using the grapple system right, that's absurd.  I'm always pushing in the direction I want to attack which is why my analog sticks look like I took a belt sander to them.  But when you have a halo over your head and I can't grapple you, or when you SHOULD have a halo over your head and don't...that's just a screw up and THAT is the problem not "oh you must not be aiming it right."

The grappling the wrong target thing, is an issue with the targeting system, not the player.  Ask godmodegod, the targeting system has been an issue since god of war 3.  The game LOVES to favor asinine actions over logical actions in every situation.  

Message 13 of 13 (188 Views)
0 Likes