Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 06 2013
By: RichYungThaBest Lombax Warrior 157 posts

The responsiveness of Grappling is nonexistent.....

12 replies 208 views Edited Jan 6, 2013

At this point, I cannot play. This is a gamebreaking issue to the fullest. I am tired of using my chain right after a person dodges or while they are running, only to have it not come out until it is too late. The only time it works is for brutal kills, but Zeus forbid that a person runs away with a little life, or even worse we both have a little life, they dodge, and then my chain won't work. A couple of days ago it worked fine. Yesterday, it was wonky. Now, it flat out is not responsive. I think I am going to wait until the patch on the 8th, and hope that they fix this. See you guys then.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Re: The responsiveness of Grappling is nonexistent.....

Jan 6, 2013

Although I know the feeling, I have not been having this issue much today.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Lucky you. For me, it does not work. An enemy can literally be in front of me and dodge/run, and my hook will not come out until they start attacking. Yet, I get grappled from long distances. Like I said, I hope the patch properly fixes this issue, because it is game breaking for me. More than half of my deaths result from grappling chains not coming out when they should, and my opponent attacking me while I am wide open.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 6, 2013
Idk what happened dude. The grapple used to be really terrible and they came out with a patch and it worked MAGICALLY for a couple days.

Since this beta has come back online idk what is with it...I felt like a god before the beta ended getting over 10 kills EASILY a game. But since it came back online up feels like down, purple feels like right, left is orange...

Magically it started getting worse again. The grapple sometimes doesn't work on launchers, and I HATE how it always targets the thing you CAN'T grapple.

This has always been an issue, but when there's 2 people it always goes for the guy who is closest...why? There's one guy I can grapple and one guy I can't grapple...why the HELL does the chain think it needs to go after the only guy in the whole area it CAN'T hit?

Same with the hammer though... I picked up a hammer and threw it at a guy and he literally WALKED away and the hammer didn't even go to the right location. He was picking it up, and the hammer landed on the top right corner of the fire pad...that's not even CLOSE to where the guy was. I would have been OK if it had just missed because he moved or something but it wasn't even targeting the right spot.

I'm just going to stop, I'm rambling now.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jan 6, 2013
Hahahaha.... Yup this has def been going on 4 me! Couldn't tell u how many lucky ppl have gotten away from me because of this!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Jan 6, 2013

ive also noticed some weirdness going on with grappling not going through on people ive launched, it's pretty annoying. The grapple will often goes through the person rather than actually connecting when i use certain attacks to launch

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

All topics from RichYungThaBest within the past three days:

"whine whine whine cry cry cry"

learn how to play. responsiveness of grappling is nonexistent? every little thing that doesn't go your way, you call them "broken". fine, let's all buff ares and nerf zeus. all of your complaints are nonsense anyway. remove i-frames from dodge? come on. that zeus lightning magic has too long a startup to remove that pull would mean people will escape it 100% of the time, no doubt.

i dread the day this board will be filled with whiners and complainers. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (169 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 6, 2013
At least he's right though. He hasn't created a single topic that was wrong. At least he comes out and says it so we can see FIXES.

That's the point of a beta dude, we don't just sit here and say "good job SSM" we're here to test the games balance, bugs and servers.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:
At least he's right though. He hasn't created a single topic that was wrong. At least he comes out and says it so we can see FIXES.

That's the point of a beta dude, we don't just sit here and say "good job SSM" we're here to test the games balance, bugs and servers.

thnak you. He is just mad that I added him to my ignore list on gamefaqs for doing the same exact thing he is doing now.

You actually get that all of the complaints are SUPPOSED to be great, since this is a beta. Hell, they even say to provide feedback. Let me make it clear, I love the beta and think it has massive potential. As it is now, the beta already has a deep engine that will attract avid gamers who give it a try. However, the minor annoyances stack, and will undoubtedly repell casuals. My greatest fear is that this mp will suffer the same fate as the Bioshock 2 mp, where  disgruntled fans not even giving it a try, yet telling everyone that it was bad. Unfortunately, Bioshock took out their unique mp in its sequel Bioshock:Infinite, because it recieved too many negative responses from ppl who rarely, if ever, played it. What a waste of such a great mode. I really do not want this unique mp to get canned for the same reason. That is why it has to be great. Its actually pretty close to being great as it is now. Just needs some tweaks to the hammer, grapple, dodge spam, and magic spam.

Another thing I fear, is that a lot of the grievances expressed here will not be addressed and considered for the final game, because of ppl who assume that they will be fixed for the final game. NO!!! DONT ASSUME ANYTHING!!!! For example, the Playstation All Stars beta had a slew of issues ranging from severe imbalances(Kratos ironically), and really poor connection. Ppl acted like Rumba and ridiculed those that complained assuming that they would OBVIOUSLY be fixed. However, the final game suffered the EXACT SAME ISSUES AS THE FINAL GAME!!! WHAT???!! Kratos is still OP, the imbalances are laughably bad, the servers are poor, etc. What was the point of the beta then? Dont let that happen here. Santa Monica is actually encouraging feedback so that they can be proactive and fix this. I mean, they released a beta 2 months before the release date to fine tune the mp. Make the most of it.

I guess the point of what I am trying to say, is to be vocal about the issues of the beta. If enough ppl conplain about the specific issues, then they will be fixed. Point out issues about anything, no matter how small, because if you assume they will be fixed, then that makes you an....well you know.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (141 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Sounds like you guys might not have that good of a connection and have lag, or you might not be using the grapple system entirely correctly. I'm pretty sure you have to control who you grapple by pushing the analog stick in the direction of who you want to grapple.

There have been times i've missed people when surrouned but it has been my mistake by pressing the analog stick in the opposite direction of the person that can be grappled.

I've really haven't had that big of a problem grappling anyone recently at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (137 Views)
0 Likes