Monster Hunter
39 posts

Re: The only solution for quitters

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

Now some explanations: there are 3 ways to leave a match. 1) disconnection: the game do not make difference between a person that just leave the session via the option and a player that has connection issue, so it could be helpful if the game coul recognize the difference so during a match it appears xxxx has leaved the match AND xxxx disconnected for example. 2) legit quit: it occurs when a player is in a situation where his efforts to play fair get wasted, like being outnumbered or being a low level player versus high levels players and often one things make the other happens ( 4v4, a whole lvl 35 team vs a 8,12,23 and 25 lvl team, the lvl 8 quit 'cause he knows he don't stand a chance, lvl 25 quit 'cause they're outnumbered and also his team has only low levels players ). Note that this kind of quit differs from player to player, someone could try to resist and earn point either way and getting mass killed while someone else could feel the uselessness of even trying. Also here there are the players that couldn't exit the matchmaking in time so they quit as soon the match begins. 3) the worst, rage quitting: people that do not want to lose, to get killed many times, to prevent their "fake" stats and such, you can obviously see the differences between a "legit" quitter ( legit not 'cause is fair but 'cause is understandable and do not damage the people in the match more than the avverse circumstances ) and a rage quitter: the situation. Usually a "legit" quitter decide pretty soon to exit the match as soon as he realize if he can or can not endure it while rage quitters usually quit or when they are really getting beaten ( not wanting to lose ) and when a player is getting really bad ratio of D/K ( prevent the stats ).

So or the exit the match get deleted forcing everyone to stay ( ESPECIALLY fot the host, he shall never have the quit the session option or matches will be interrupted forever ) or the causes that make people quit gets fixed, like proper level matchmaking, adding quitting ratio and penalties viewable during matchmaking, letting people join a match already started ( when someone quit ) so in the end there will be just unlucky people that have connection issues and bad players that just rage quit that will be penalized. Also if this will be done, i'll open a rage quitters thread llst. Everything is doable by putting efforts to it.

Message 41 of 55 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

The best and ONLY solution is to allow people to join mid match like every other MP  I've ever played does.
There wouldn't even be an issue of quitters as ranks would be replenished amost instantly.
It should have been standard from the start.

Message 42 of 55 (156 Views)
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Re: The only solution fot quitters

May 9, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

I disagree with removing the in-game option to quit game.  You should never, ever, ever, force someone to stay in a game against their will. Or having to turn off their system to do so.  There are plenty of people such as myself who may have to quit a game and have it nothing to do with rage quitting, and leave my PS3 on.

You are essentially asking them to "lock" you into a match and if you don't wanna stay (no matter what the reason) to add wear and tear to personal equipment.  I find that an unacceptable option. Rage quitting is a pain a hassle and leaves people short handed. I get it. But don't make the game a prison for everyone that they have to stay in.

A better solution would be to incorporate a late join system which would throw you into a game already in progress on the team who is shorthanded. It won't stop the immediate quit but I'd wager you would get a team mate back rather shortly.

Finally someone with sense.
I totally and wholeheartedly agree now please PLEASE SSM make it so Smiley Happy

Message 43 of 55 (153 Views)
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

May 9, 2013

Serioulsy all those saying remove the 'quit' option do you really think that will stop them?

They don't have to reset the console just open the XMB and quit game then load it up again. 

Penalising people will just get messy. Lose connection to the host I've already lost XP to get a time lock on top would add insult to injury.

The ONLY solution is to have people join games mid-match and have host migration.

It's not perfect but it works and it's a darn sight better than what we have now.  

Message 44 of 55 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 9, 2013

I welcome your solution, i was only proposing, i too said it's ok mid game join as i proposed to remove the option and so on, just to have all the options on the table, then just SSM has only to decide what to do, hoping it will makes happy the majority of us ^^

Message 45 of 55 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3413 posts

May 11, 2013
I think that a good idea would be the addition of a "# of quits" to the stats page would work. but they would also need to add a way to allow other people to look at their stats ( if there already is a way, IDK how to do it) and they can see that he quit x number of times, so he gets kicked out of the lobby. I would also like to see Host Migration and Morgan's joins, but this will help to eliminate rage quitters, and quitters in general. If you have to quit for a LEGIT reason, then the # of quits would probably be real low, but if someone quit 10 or 15 times, then chances are they were rage quitting. the game should also be able to distinguish disconnections from quits, so if a player was disconnected, it wouldn't affect his stats or anything. these are just some ideas...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 46 of 55 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3413 posts

May 11, 2013
mid game joins*
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 47 of 55 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

May 11, 2013
Just pull the RJ45 cable out of your PS3 for a fraction of a second and there you go, insta-quit game, probably counts as a "disconnection" too. So if (IF.. not when) they add a penalty for leaving a game, how do you penalize players who get disconnected? And how do you find out if a player REALLY disconnected or pulled the RJ45-Cable out? Should every and all disconnecter be penalized all the same? If bad connection and legit disconnections are penalized, do not think they will just stand by and suck it up, they will quit the game, no one will stand bs like that.
Message 48 of 55 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

May 11, 2013

Really nothing to be done.  SSM is not going to "punish" people who have bought their game.  But what I would really like to see, is people stop double and triple teaming the other team when they have someone quit.  This usually happens when I play with randoms and someone quits.  They obviously have the match won but won't give you a few 1v1's for your trouble.  Seriously, 4v3's are hard enough, especially against good competition, show a little appreciation and stop "PUNISHING" the people who take it on the chin and stay.

Message 49 of 55 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

May 11, 2013

I think all these whiners need to stop already about players quitting.  I've been in many matches where I've been triple teamed and just before they give me the finishing blow I get disconnected from host. So I have to go back to lobby and start all over again.

This is going to happen and you can't punish someone just because of it. Why would I spend my money on a game that will punish players because they could not finish or don't want to. I've finished matches when all players on opposite team have left for one reason or another

You still get all of your kills counted in the end so why complain

Message 50 of 55 (79 Views)
0 Likes