Uncharted Territory
1927 posts

Re: The only solution fot quitters

May 7, 2013

yeh remove quitters or the option to quit if uu dnt wnt to play the game properly dnt play it at all Smiley Mad hate rage quitters

Message 21 of 55 (154 Views)
Monster Hunter
31 posts

May 7, 2013

The "quit" should obviously stay where it is.

To penalize rage quitters all their deaths during a match shuld be recorded, the match should be counted as a loss for them and they shouldnt get any exp. On top of that if someone leaves lets say 5 times during 2 hour window they should get a warning and 1 hour ban, after a warning if they get another one in lets say another 72 hours they get 24h suspension with yellow card, after second yellow card their network pass should be revoked. 

Simple and effective.

If iam not mistaken that kind of system was introduced to Uncharted 3 MP because of plague of rage quitters.

Message 22 of 55 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

May 8, 2013

Just played a 2v2 where the other 2 players rage quit (not at the same time). Of course, the match stopped. Really annoying and leaving you with a feeling of time wasted. But that gives me another idea to encourage people who stay in the particular case, giving them a win.

They were winning anyway, why not be sure they get the reward? Simple, no? That would only apply on 2v2 though. Doesn't seems as fair on 4v4.

Message 23 of 55 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 8, 2013

hey  i agree with you and gow 71, i think someone else said the xp thing but me personally even when im the last one and its one on four i say bring it on sometimes ive gotten lucky and not won but kicked *** haha, i thought maybe since you punish the people for quitting for the no xp thing maybe you could reward the players who stay behind and keep fighting the good fight with some extra xp or maybe give them an advantage somehow make em a we bit stronger perhaps just a we bittttt just enough to at least survive and not get destroyed when you spawn haha(like in the movie the one with jet li, everytime he killed off one of his others he got stronger) either ones of thoses is just an idea and i dont know how the game programming works but hopefully you could put that in the game somehow, anyway just an idea no hate i love this game to death even when i get my butt kicked i stay and like you said if something comes up like running late for work because im playing this! i turn off my ps3 so yea you and gow71 keep up the defense dont give in! but at the same time think about what i said you dont have to use these ideas  but brainstorm on how to make things even or worth staying in the game for others when people rage quit sadface. i hope you and the creators read this and take this to heart thank you and good nightSmiley Happy

Message 24 of 55 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3413 posts

May 8, 2013
I agree. removing the quit option is a good idea. besides, a regular Team Favor of the Gods match(2v2) doesn't take long, and a 4v4 takes a little longer, but not much. each game lasts aprox. 10-15 minutes. if someone really has to quit, then they should just turn off the system. either way they will lose all exp. and awards for the match. I also think that if someone does leave a match, then either adding another player or removing a player from the opposite team is a good idea. I be lost count how many times Id start a game and all of a sudden Im up against 2 level 39 or 40 characters because my teammate quit before the match started or after a little bit. it is frustrating to be playing and all of a sudden it's almost unfair because you barely have a chance to attack when 2 or more people are ganging up on you
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 25 of 55 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1927 posts

May 8, 2013

vetrus wrote:

The "quit" should obviously stay where it is.

To penalize rage quitters all their deaths during a match shuld be recorded, the match should be counted as a loss for them and they shouldnt get any exp. On top of that if someone leaves lets say 5 times during 2 hour window they should get a warning and 1 hour ban, after a warning if they get another one in lets say another 72 hours they get 24h suspension with yellow card, after second yellow card their network pass should be revoked. 

Simple and effective.

If iam not mistaken that kind of system was introduced to Uncharted 3 MP because of plague of rage quitters.

why should the quit stay wer it is ? if ure gonna quit wat's the point in starting a match?quit should be removed all together if u urgently need to leave a game quit from the ps menu , quitting should not be allowed and I hate it with a passion Smiley Mad

Message 26 of 55 (106 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
815 posts

Re: The only solution for quitters

May 8, 2013

when you choose to quit the game there should be a penalty for it...sth like havin to wait 5 minutes to get to matchmaking...the more you quit, the waiting time will be getting higher...5-10-15 etc
its simple and it will work...because they way things works now is just stupid IMO

photo 1174307_10151656299632872_2113477454_n_zps8734f8cd.jpg

Message 27 of 55 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 8, 2013

We're not pretending the impossible, just delete the quit option ( or at least make it a frustating so the player must reset the ps3 ) or penalize it, or balance the game: putting low levels people compete with high level people make a quit, having horrible teammates like noobs/beginners that just make the opponent team earns points "grants" a teammate a quit, losing so badly and having the chance to slips away from defeat by quitting "grants" a quit, seeing people cheating like having 2 gods benefits or invincibility make people wants to quit, after a teammates quit and you're outnumbered, makes you not want to waste time and efforts and so you quit. So add a solution or fix the causes that makes people quit and no one will quit. The better should be resetting ps3 after quitting or penalties + similar level matchmaking, no quit option, no more cheats. SSM could do this with closed eyes and one arm tied behind their back - if they just want to do it - .

Message 28 of 55 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

May 8, 2013

There is a lot of great feedback in this thread. I like the idea of a "time" restriction if you quit as to when you can come back that increases per quit within a certain timeframe. Seems like an easy addition, maybe add a counter on screen as to when you can join again? 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, by 5 minute increments each quit may be effective.  Coupled with losing all xp/stats for the match played if done so. There are always downsides to rage penalties though.

I dislike rage quitters as much as anyone.  This does not address early match quitters (which is often completely innocent) I have quit out of the beginning of a match simply because the game forced me into the next match and I had unlocked new items that I wanted to go over before my next battle. The 1 minute intermission still doesn't always work.

If there is a rage penalty it needs to be able to distinguish between actual quitting and disconnects and losing the host. They tried a rage quit with Starhawk... but it affected you negatively for leaving even if it wasn't your fault. It was poorly done. So before you start asking for a quit penalty, consider that innocents may be affected... for example a host leaves and the game disconnects while you are playing legit but you get penalized as a result. Not fair right? Imagine you play threee matches, each match you get disconnected, each match you take a 5 minute penalty because the game fails to distinguish between rage and kicked, now YOU have to wait 15 minutes to play again.  Oopsie.

Getting penalizing for quitting should be no sooner than 3 minutes into the match.  Additon of  late join system that auto fill mis-matched/non-full servers would combat that nicely.

Resetting the system sounds easy by just removing the quit option. But I am still an advocate that games are an escape.  Real world action should never have to be taken as a measure of moderation.  Forcing additonal wear and tear on personal equipment is not ok. Which brings us back to what would be a good option: late join, time penalty to return, and throw in host migration too.

Just my two-cents.

Message 29 of 55 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1927 posts

May 8, 2013

yup all vote for fill ins, host migration and some sort of penalty only for rage quitters .

Message 30 of 55 (90 Views)
0 Likes