Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Re: The only solution fot quitters

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

CloakersClub wrote:

GOW 71 said:

A better solution would be to incorporate a late join system which would throw you into a game already in progress on the team who is shorthanded. It won't stop the immediate quit but I'd wager you would get a team mate back rather shortly.

---------------------------------

Nope. Imagine this. 3vs3 all going fair and square. The Spartan team is winning against Trojans. Somebody drops in-game on Trojans. They pwnt Spartans 4vs3 all teamwork.

What are you going to say now GOW71? You just can't take the chances that another one joins in your team too.

This option should be off as it is, but quiting in-game option should be removed.

What am I going to say now? A little indicitive that you are looking for a fight, comes off as a tad aggressive, but that's fine... yes I would be fine with taking that chance.  It is how many a MP title works and I am ok with that.

A player in a game for enjoyment should never feel like they have to be locked in to a game.  Should they be penalized? Yes, but not at the expense of turning off the actual system.  The penalty as is now is that you lose all xp and whatnot earned for the match. I'm ok with this.

If I end up outnumbered now, I just play. I suck it up and play. I take the beating if it's coming.   A game is for recreation and there should not have to be a real-world action to take (shutting down you system) if you want to leave a match.

People have their opinion, I have mine. As long as this can be continued to be discussed respectfully I look forward to continuing this conversation.

Message 11 of 55 (263 Views)
Sackboy
412 posts

May 6, 2013

CloakersClub wrote:

GOW 71 said:

A better solution would be to incorporate a late join system which would throw you into a game already in progress on the team who is shorthanded. It won't stop the immediate quit but I'd wager you would get a team mate back rather shortly.

---------------------------------

Nope. Imagine this. 3vs3 all going fair and square. The Spartan team is winning against Trojans. Somebody drops in-game on Trojans. They pwnt Spartans 4vs3 all teamwork.

What are you going to say now GOW71? You just can't take the chances that another one joins in your team too.

This option should be off as it is, but quiting in-game option should be removed.

Maybe could be done this: a match is untill 1600 favor and 2000 ...the player can't left the match untill 1400 favor or  1800 Smiley Happy

----------

----------
Message 12 of 55 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

May 6, 2013
2 Thing I have to say on this. First, has anyone noticed getting double XP from the match when people quit? I've got it most times, off calendar.
Second, there is a pretty easy way to stop people from quitting, and that is quitting counting as a loss. I guess that's the main reason people quit, except when against cheaters. That way, it would be better to keep playing and score some XP because you still lose either way. Maybe even give a -0.1 on the K/D ratio for quitters.
The other day I was 4v4, but when the match started, one on my team had already quit. 3v4. 2 minutes into the match, it became 1v4, with me being alone against 4 lvl 30+ players. Playing as Zeus, I just ran for my life, collecting chests and getting raped 4 on 1 every 20 seconds...I still managed to score 3000 XP because of the match start aswell, so it was worth it, considering I got the XP...
Message 13 of 55 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Re: The only solution for quitters

May 6, 2013

I agree with GOW71 that we shouldn't remove the quit option. There are good reasons to quit a game. Sadly, they're not the ones that are used more often for quitting.

Maybe the penalties could be more discouraging. I'm thinking of people quitting because they want to keep a high win ratio, which I don't understand since it becomes fake. I stay until the end. I even stay in a Capture the Flag match alone against 3. Of course I lost. The other guys were even stalling. But, whatever. But I even won matches where we were 3 vs 4. So now who's laughing.

Gaining no exp is fine, but they could also get a lost match and lose all kills, if any, in the match. That'd get their ratio low. Still bad for people who quit for good reasons, but they probably do it way less frequently and won't mind as much.

The real problem is when the quitter is also the host, that take out the fun for everyone and is a problem that should be addressed. Host migration?

Finally, late join could work, as long as it's only applied for 3vs4 or 2vs4 or 2vs3, etc, not when team are en even match. It would also continue to help on the time to get in a match from the lobby.

My point a view about all this is: who do you think will play GOW multiplayer longer? Dedicated players who play by the rules, or unstable players who quit as soon as they don't get what they want? I believe the game should be more appealing to the first group.

After all, the multiplayer community is relatively decent, except for a few cheaters (god I hope they find a way to fix this soon) and ratio obsessed people.

Message 14 of 55 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

Ok but the game is based on earning points but also having fun with your team on a fair 3v3 or 4v4. Where's the fun of being forced to endure a inferiority penalty and getting killed at the same time by 2,3 or 4 people ? Also as i already said, there should be some balance when creating a session, i'm tired of having people on my team that never kills and get killed 10 times...let the  lvl 1-10 fights lvl 1-10, 11-20 with 11-20 and so on. And also, as someone suggested on other threads, they should adjust or rather add more xp chances: like healing a member, defending a position and so on. About being forced on staying in the match, once you enter a session, i doubt you join it just to stay 2 minutes, but to play the match, so from the very moment you enter, you agreed to play it. It could be rage quitting or not but still a quit, that means your team is in disadvantage and probably will lose. When it happens i don't think it's rage or not,  just a quit. So i hope they could remove the leave the match option cause we know a pause ingame is even worst, you could get killed when you're not playing or the pause gives you intangibility but could be used as well as a form of spamming. Onile rarely has a pause, when we decide to play we all know we're gonna do it 'til the end. If something happens, it's bad luck for the player but i prefer bad luck instead of bad intentions. The only quitting that can clearly be seen as good is when you are 3vs4 and similar inferiority so i leave 'cause it's simply wasting time trying to make up with the gap, especially when the opponent team is good. Also, does anyone has the feeling that the points earned for killing should be more ? I gain a medium amaount of favor and often quite few kills ( i recall once a 12 kills and just killed 2 times ) while a teammate gets bad kills/deaths ratio but a good amount of favor and gets way more xp than me ( i'm excluding the favor rewards for the special objectives like awakening steno ).

Message 15 of 55 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

May 6, 2013

How about a "time out" penalty, if you leave a game during game play either, rage quitting, or whatever you should not be allowed to join another MP match for like 5-15 mins until you've had time to cool off. I think that's how Avatar was, if you quit a match you could not join another one until the time penalty had elapsed. Of course you could still do single player campaign but no multiplayer. Something like that would help greatly here I believe.

Message 16 of 55 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

May 6, 2013

Sato_Uzumaki wrote:

How about a "time out" penalty, if you leave a game during game play either, rage quitting, or whatever you should not be allowed to join another MP match for like 5-15 mins until you've had time to cool off. I think that's how Avatar was, if you quit a match you could not join another one until the time penalty had elapsed. Of course you could still do single player campaign but no multiplayer. Something like that would help greatly here I believe.

Not really. If I had to wait 5 min to start another match, I'd just leave the game for good. At least MP (Still need to beat Titan). Giving people a loss in the stats is way better.

Message 17 of 55 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

May 6, 2013
I'd say penalize their lose stats and KDR stats. 5 match losses and 10 deaths for every quits. And add a quit ratio on stats. That'll get them rethink about quitting.
Message 18 of 55 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2327 posts

May 6, 2013

I would never want any one of you designing a menu for a game. One of the worst things you can do is force quit by a system shutdown.

The Quit Game needs to be there. The rage quitting should not impact the rest of the players who may need to leave a game for any number of reasons. You're going to get a lot more **bleep** off people by removing it than people who are **bleep** from the rage quitting.

The server disconnections are bad enough, so if you remove the quit option you're forcing an outnumbered team into a forceful shutdown of their system if they don't want to stay and be destroyed.

Just no.

Message 19 of 55 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 7, 2013
So forcing to stay is a crime but forcing a team to play outnumbered or having a winning team waste their time 'cause the host quit and the match gets canceled no ?
Message 20 of 55 (143 Views)
0 Likes