Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: The Way of Ares

Jan 8, 2013

RichYungThaBest wrote:

I_Ceases_I wrote:

Damage and Resistance have set base values that are adjusted by a percentage with no drop off. 

Example: Lets say the base damage of your physical attack is 20 damage. And say 100 physical damage increase that by 10%. 200 will increase by 20% and so on. So with 400 physical your attacks will do 28 damage. These numbers are just made up, but this is how gear stats are affecting your character. There is no drop off. You can stack stats or you can balance stats, but there is no diminishing returns on stats. 

there has to be some sort of a drop off. When I run a full Ares setup, and my hammer combo does nearly the same as when I switch armor up, then that means a dropoff is present.

That or like I said, you need huge amounts of the stat to actually matter...which really wouldn't explain why you can feel a full level 1 ares set vs a full level 1 defense set.  

I just hope when the full game comes out and they introduce higher level sets that we aren't left with these same problems.  I'd like to be a full dedicated Ares warrior but you sacrifice so much defense for very little attack.  I don't really like the idea of having higher level armor with higher stats. such as elite ares armor with 2x the stats that ares armor has...like exactly 2x.  Sure that'd be cooler for higher levels but having an actual upgrade in armor and not just "same exact situation, higher stats" to make it look like we're gaining ground when we really aren't.  Though they'd still be necessary.  

Message 11 of 14 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

RichYungThaBest wrote:

I_Ceases_I wrote:

Damage and Resistance have set base values that are adjusted by a percentage with no drop off. 

Example: Lets say the base damage of your physical attack is 20 damage. And say 100 physical damage increase that by 10%. 200 will increase by 20% and so on. So with 400 physical your attacks will do 28 damage. These numbers are just made up, but this is how gear stats are affecting your character. There is no drop off. You can stack stats or you can balance stats, but there is no diminishing returns on stats. 

there has to be some sort of a drop off. When I run a full Ares setup, and my hammer combo does nearly the same as when I switch armor up, then that means a dropoff is present.

No it just means the percentages aren't that significant. Which is why Zeus melee is still strong without any physical damage stat increase. I was just pulling numbers out of my **bleep** to illustrate how it works, but it could be as low as 2.5% for each 100 stats. So at 400 that would be 22 damage instead of 20...not much noticable difference like you said. 

Edit: You're also not taking into account the gear of the people you're fighting agaisnt. Just becuase a combo does a certain amount of daamge to one person doesn't mean it will do the same to someone else.

Message 12 of 14 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Yeah, but not that many people wear defensive gear and when they do, it usually has low stats...the only super defensive gear is warrior and I had that on and it barely even helped against Zeus or Ares.
Message 13 of 14 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

Pretty sure every piece of gear has a defense stat on it, so technically everyone wears defensive gear...but the combination of stats is different depending on which combination of gear someone is wearing and what level the gear is.

Message 14 of 14 (100 Views)
0 Likes