Jan 05 2013
By: KING_PARKER_TSK Lombax Warrior 109 posts
Accepted Solution

The Pro and The Noob

28 replies 274 views Edited Jan 5, 2013

This has been bothering me for quite some time and I need some info on the subject matter. What is the diffrence between the noob who takes advantage of the game and the pro who is skillful and has masterd his craft. What are the noob things to not do and to look out for. What is more pro like what takes skill. I want to be the very best at this game and I would like to shy away from "noobish" things and lean towards actually using skill to win fights. Today I was caught defending my flag all by my lonesome due to a shortage of man power. It was 3 enemys vs 1 guy in front a flag. My teammate was somewhere doing something as I battled for my life. I thought ok all i have to do is hold them off for as long as possible. I could have sat their and dodged spammed them in circles like they have done me but I fought. I took the worst beating imaginable but I still held them off. By the time they grabbed the flag time was ticking out so it didnt matter. My point is did I beat them because of skill or because they are just noobs. I cant tell the diffrence.

Kings are Made in WAR- Leader of Team Street Killas
http://www.youtube.com/user/kingParkerTSK
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Re: The Pro and The Noob

Jan 5, 2013

It is difficult to tell the difference between noobs and pros because of the abuses like Zeus alignment and dodge spamming. If 3 guys cannot kill 1 person, they they are noobs.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

There's nothing wrong with using the dodging mechanics as they are now. I'm sure the devs will try to balance things, but while they are the way they are, there's no reason to limit yourself. Beside that, you can be grappled while you are dodging. If 3 people couldn't manage to get a grapple on you while you dodge over and over then they deserve to lose that precious time.

So play the way that helps your team win.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 5, 2013

ElementDuck wrote:

There's nothing wrong with using the dodging mechanics as they are now. I'm sure the devs will try to balance things, but while they are the way they are, there's no reason to limit yourself. Beside that, you can be grappled while you are dodging. If 3 people couldn't manage to get a grapple on you while you dodge over and over then they deserve to lose that precious time.

So play the way that helps your team win.

I fully agree. Howeveer, if you abuse the dodge, do not think for a second that you won because of skill. That is what we clall noobish playing. Grapple does not always work, and this fact is made worse during lag. A perfect example is this. I was just in a match where this person had the hammer, and was dodge spamming. I time it properly, and right when he dodged, I started pressing R1 like crazy, but nothing happeded, then he hammered me to death. The grapple mechanics in this game have led to more deaths for me trynig to grapple, then actual grapple hits.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Yes, but lag and dodge are not the same thing. If a player lags, there's not much you can do. When a player is not laggy, the dodge spam doesn't save him.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 5, 2013

but when they lag, if another opponent dodge spams, then they literally cannot do squat.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (245 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jan 5, 2013

I dont think there is a problem with dodging at all. I think the noobish stuff is being thirsty AF for a kill doing anything and everything you can to win. Abusing magic, constantly escaping, grabbing any weapon or magic close by. Being scared to fight is the noobish thing to do. On the other hand, if you are fighting like 4 guys, I dont think there really is a coward way out. Everything goes when things are unfair for you.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 5, 2013

DevIsStating wrote:

I dont think there is a problem with dodging at all. I think the noobish stuff is being thirsty AF for a kill doing anything and everything you can to win. Abusing magic, constantly escaping, grabbing any weapon or magic close by. Being scared to fight is the noobish thing to do. On the other hand, if you are fighting like 4 guys, I dont think there really is a coward way out. Everything goes when things are unfair for you.

I understnad dodge spamming when outnumbered, but ppl do this even in 1 on 1 battles. This is when the dodge issues become apparent. If the range for grapples get expanded by a lot, and you could grapple while walking, then it would be great. The i-frames are also abusive. I have seen enemies dodge a launchers afterr my attack hits because they were spamming dodges with i-frames. It is extremely easy to win a fight by dodge spamming. I don't understand why ppl do not recognize this.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Noob - constantly evading

Pro - Evades only when necessary

Noob - Constantly using world weapons

Pro - Rarely picks up world weapons

Noob - Parrys a lot

Pro - Doesn't parry often

Other than that...it's very obvious to see who the noob is, you can tell in a fight what a person's worth is.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (224 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:
Noob - constantly evading

Pro - Evades only when necessary

Noob - Constantly using world weapons

Pro - Rarely picks up world weapons

Noob - Parrys a lot

Pro - Doesn't parry often

Other than that...it's very obvious to see who the noob is, you can tell in a fight what a person's worth is.

I evade when necessary but pick up world weapons if I can.......I parry when I know a hit's coming.....so I'm a Noobish Pro?

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (222 Views)
0 Likes