Message 52 of 1,105 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Re: The Nice Guys

Apr 14, 2013

Alghazanth wrote:

Can you do anything but jump+triangle? That was one of the most boring videos i have watched. I actually counted the parries, there was 7 i think, and 4 successfull (2 for each player). Did not count the jumpcuts made... but they were many. So why not parry more, if it is so **bleep** good (i am looking at you Crimson_SWE) and jumpcut so easily parried ? Two of the WORST (so to speak) jumpcutspammers i have ever seen (the third one spectating the game)... if someone seriously thinks that was a good game with skillful playing, then they are deluded indeed.

Also, may i suggest renaming the clan/guild or whatever JumpCutWin, seems appropriate.

I'm with you on sort of mocking the parry fails when they're "so easy" to do.  Jump-cutting is a perfectly valid tactic though.  I think it looks lame when everyone's hop-attacking, I feel lame when I tried it (and will likely continue to use it if I go back to a blade) but it's a legitimate starter to your attack string.  I can't fault either of them for doing it.

Now, that might have put you off the video, but here's how I see it: you didn't have a ridiculous one-combo-chain-uberkill spamfest.  There were a lot of short combos, a lot of trading attacks and a lot of close calls  - things you don't necessarily see in all the spam or uber-combo-juggling that goes on in regular multiplayer.

The only real issue you seem to have is that they initiate with a jump cut and I don't think that's necessarily something to hold against it.  Then again, I don't blame you either.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 53 of 1,105 (394 Views)
Sackboy
531 posts

Apr 15, 2013

gardinian wrote:

I'd really like to apply, problem is: I don't have a microphone Smiley Sad

I'll probably buy one tho Smiley Happy

Add me up and we will do a Test Match Smiley Happy

Message 54 of 1,105 (379 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

Apr 15, 2013
thelesman. Exless91 and you guys, would you be so kind as to help me test out how much the stats "defence" and "healt" actually adds to your character later today?
Message 55 of 1,105 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 15, 2013
@Vanthem You sir, have a point, and seem to one of the more mature people here at the forums. Now, it is retarded that characters with far less than 10 health keep jumping around and evading every attack. It looks more like children playing with waterguns and squealing when cold water hits them, and should not be possible.

JumpCut, Square Square bounce the player some, then ANOTHER JumpCut and grapple (or more hits)... how the hell is something like this possible? It not only looks, but is retarded, and people spamming these things are too (yeah kudos to the combat testers at SSM too, looks like someone there wanted a cheap trick to win fights).

@Crimson_SWE I was good in this game before you ever played it. You are an imbecile, and i don't think i am the only one at these forums viewing you as such.
Message 56 of 1,105 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Crimson_SWE wrote:
thelesman. Exless91 and you guys, would you be so kind as to help me test out how much the stats "defence" and "healt" actually adds to your character later today?

Sure Mate, why not Smiley Wink

Message 57 of 1,105 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Alghazanth wrote:
@Vanthem You sir, have a point, and seem to one of the more mature people here at the forums. Now, it is retarded that characters with far less than 10 health keep jumping around and evading every attack. It looks more like children playing with waterguns and squealing when cold water hits them, and should not be possible.

JumpCut, Square Square bounce the player some, then ANOTHER JumpCut and grapple (or more hits)... how the hell is something like this possible? It not only looks, but is retarded, and people spamming these things are too (yeah kudos to the combat testers at SSM too, looks like someone there wanted a cheap trick to win fights).

@Crimson_SWE I was good in this game before you ever played it. You are an imbecile, and i don't think i am the only one at these forums viewing you as such.

Pls get out of our Clan Thread , or tell us that u want a Challenge, kk? thx bye.

Message 58 of 1,105 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 15, 2013
Just commenting on a video posted on this thread (like many others), no need to get your panties in a twist because i state the obvious, this thread is 90% small talk so i don't know how my post is any different from the next. Also, i am not interested in bunny hopping contests...
Message 59 of 1,105 (345 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

Apr 15, 2013
just got home from work.
Will try to figure out the best way to test this, then il drop you an invite!
Message 60 of 1,105 (448 Views)
0 Likes