Fender Bender
2926 posts

Re: The Furnace of Archimedes it will be AWESOME!!!!

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2013

Yeah the region locking always seemed like a poor solution for fixing lag IMO. I'm no expert on the topic but if I understand it correctly, you could be playing someone next door with a bad net connection and lag worse than playing someone on the other side of the planet with a good net connection. Also region locking divides the community, which they originally claimed they didn't want to do.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 11 of 29 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1771 posts

Aug 18, 2013

I believe they actually put the rerion lock on to improve match making and lag since it was not there when the game launched and if you wated too long you would start connectiong to foriegners who lagged pretty bad.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lag is OP. NERF it!
Message 12 of 29 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

Aug 18, 2013

MADatARMS wrote:

AGREE, that map looks totally SICK!!

but I heard the guy doing the interveiw with Todd & Chris saying that it might be the last large map, did I hear that right or was I just imagining it

so what does that mean exactly, no more laarge DLC maps or just ones like the Furnace from this point?? and therefore will this be the last and only map of this size

I hope not especially if it plays well

any thoughts on this

I actually made a thread about this earlier since I was curious too. The way Tank put in the livestream, he said this could "maybe/perhaps" be the last large map they develop. Got a response from Gypsy about it; she said it could be a possibility. Yet no definitive answer was given that Archimedes' Furnace would indeed be the last large one created.

If there's enough demand for one, I don't see why the Devs wouldn't consider creating another one in the future (a Hecatonchires large map would be cool). Just my thoughts; everyone has their own. Link to the thread I made about it is below:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/Archimedes-Furnace-maybe-per...

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 13 of 29 (211 Views)
Wastelander
801 posts

Aug 18, 2013
The Mao looks awesome...very lag inducing.

They commented on this being the last "big" map.

Lol every map they have put out has been a reskin of single player. Minus walls of Troy...unless that was in the Atlantis game.

This game is truly unique but, the content isn't enough.

And when I say content, I mean dlc.

What was "free" was covered by the players that purchased the purchased the collectors edition. You know, the ones with the EXCLUSIVE access to all dlc.

Well, SSM screwed the pooch. They fell short...way short of their "end goal".

So, now the sell new features to the MP. Not a simple additions to the game...a NEW weapon class!
Message 14 of 29 (206 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Well they're not exactly reskins except they came from the game, which I like. The only reskins are the 4P maps, which are identical to the actual game while the 8P maps are areas taken from the franchise, created into a map.

Message 15 of 29 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Aug 18, 2013
Walls of Troy isn't the only map that isn't a redone version of areas from the series. There's also Coliseum of Persia.

I think the full list of maps is...

BoH: (4)
Canyons of Kirra (GoWA)
Landing at Delos (GoWA)
Streets of Sparta (GoWA)
Chamber of the Flame (GoW3)

TotG: (6)
Coliseum of Persia (none)
Tower of Delphi (GoWA)
Desert of Lost Souls (GoW1)
Forum of Hercules (GoW3)
Rotunda of Olympus (GoW3)
Labyrinth of Daedalus (GoW3)

4p/2v2 Modes: (5)
Coliseum of Persia (none)
Oracle's Chamber (GoWA)
Whirlpool of Alecto (GoWA)
Forum of Hercules (GoW3)
Rotunda of Olympus (GoW3)

8p/4v4 Modes: (5)
Walls of Troy (none)
Archimedes' Furnace (GoWA)
Desert of Lost Souls (GoW1)
Bog of the Forgotten (GoW2)
Labyrinth of Daedalus (GoW3)

Message 16 of 29 (196 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Aug 19, 2013
at least 1 new large future map ssm .

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 17 of 29 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
418 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2013

DJMadCow wrote:

MADatARMS wrote:

AGREE, that map looks totally SICK!!

but I heard the guy doing the interveiw with Todd & Chris saying that it might be the last large map, did I hear that right or was I just imagining it

so what does that mean exactly, no more laarge DLC maps or just ones like the Furnace from this point?? and therefore will this be the last and only map of this size

I hope not especially if it plays well

any thoughts on this

I actually made a thread about this earlier since I was curious too. The way Tank put in the livestream, he said this could "maybe/perhaps" be the last large map they develop. Got a response from Gypsy about it; she said it could be a possibility. Yet no definitive answer was given that Archimedes' Furnace would indeed be the last large one created.

If there's enough demand for one, I don't see why the Devs wouldn't consider creating another one in the future (a Hecatonchires large map would be cool). Just my thoughts; everyone has their own. Link to the thread I made about it is below:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/Archimedes-Furnace-maybe-per...

Hey DJ sorry  bout that bro I didn't see that you had posted it already

as far as building up enough demand for another large MAP, I vote for the classic (HYDRA MAP!!!) and if there is still a chance then I will do my DAMNDEST to keep pushing it up if I have to, I say those who wanna see this made into the next map we should rally a thread together of everything HYDRA meaning my thread @ DaNielgs thread and @metl's thread and anyone else that has anything HYDRA and cont. to push until we really get SSM's attention, even if its only the size of the first large maps, but I know alot of people want that map, or yes Hechatonchires running around the prison of the daamned would be cool too,

but they did say that they had been working on the FURNACE even before the release of GOWA, so if thats the case and it took ssm that long to release it then perhaps our hopes of another is lost unfortunatelly

It always does seem like SSM usually has a few more treats in the bag by not revealling all and just when we think they are done something else comes along at least IMO so who knows

gowtheartofwar.webs.com
GET READY TO TASTE YOUR OWN BLOOD!

Message 18 of 29 (141 Views)
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Aug 19, 2013
@MADatARMS - Dude you should design a Hydra Armor set to go with your Hydra Lance and the Hydra map.

Message 19 of 29 (137 Views)
I Only Post Everything
983 posts

Aug 19, 2013

Sounds like a good idea. WHich reminds, I still need to send you the jpeg files. Been quite busy with school lately but it'll be done.

Message 20 of 29 (132 Views)
0 Likes