Highlighted
Apr 08 2013
By: DaJizzle Wastelander 739 posts

The Beta Was Better?

26 replies 227 views Edited Apr 8, 2013

Was it? I've seen many players including myself voice our concerns about the state of the MP. With the various bugs/glitches, exploits, latency issues, etc.; it leaves me wondering was the beta in better condition than the final product?

One thing that I've noticed about the magic in the final release is the inaccurancy of the description (seems to be a problem with many magics, items, and relics). But as for magic, the description states 75% usage, but it is actually 100%. Confusing.

I've noticed that some items, like one of Zeus', states that it supposed to replenish 50% magic over 5 seconds. It does not. I believe you only get 50% (and some small health) when you use it. Frustrating at times.

For relics, we all know about the inaccurancy of the description for Hades' Relic of Agility.

Combat issues, Sprinting, Grappling, Match Making, etc. have been well documented by the community. But is this game balanced? I like to think so, but it's hard to come to that conclusion while trying to work your way through various bugs and exploits, etc.

I've seen various topics and posts about Hades being unbalanced or OP. Could this be because we weren't allowed to give Hades a run during the beta? I believe Ares and Zeus are well tuned, but I'm not so sure about Hades and Poseidon. I've seen some very good players of both allegiances and have seem some players usings various exploits with both classes.

While I commend SSM for adding features such as tattoos (marks) and raising the level cap, etc. (Update 1.04), I wonder if some of the more glaring issues with the state of the MP are being glossed over. I also wonder how did some of issues with this MP make it pass QA? Was it rushed to meet the release date with the mentality "We'll fix it later."?

I like the MP, but it is really hard to enjoy the vast majority of the time with all of the problems it has. So, that leaves me wondering; was the beta better? It seems like it cause at times it feels like you're playing an extended beta rather than a full product.

Hoping that SSM will focus on fixing that issues that need to be addressed soon enough. I personally would like that addressed before the releasing of extra content and so on.

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW

Message 1 of 27 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Re: The Beta Was Better?

Apr 8, 2013
Said it many times before, i had more fun in the beta than in the final game, even with all the repetition of 2 Gods and 2 maps. And things broken in beta were broken in final game, or made worse.

Could write more but i am too tired. Have not played for a couple of weeks, going to try again after patch is released but i fear this game is a stillborn pile of dead meat...
Message 2 of 27 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 8, 2013
I don't want it to become a "pile of dead meat". I enjoy the MP. But you can only put up with so many bugs, etc. before even the most devoted fan grows tired of it. Which is why I want to focus to be on fixing the issues with the game instead of adding more content at the moment.

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW
Message 3 of 27 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Im a gow fan,starting from the first game and my faith is starting to crumble.Yes,Beta was better i agreed. Fixing bugs,glithes,exploits,latency,game joining,weapon bugs,etc,etc should priority ONE,not DLC,although it´s cool that they are releasing DLC so soon,but that makes me wonder are they just going to "hide"bugs,etc so we would not pay attention to them and "fix"it later...that worries me alot.
Message 4 of 27 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Gonna have to agree with this, sadly. Although I don't like Zeus or Ares, I still had more fun. The spammers and exploits that took over this MP killed it for me.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 5 of 27 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 8, 2013
^This. But I like Ares. Lol!

The MP is life support from my standpoint. I'm still going to play it because I brought the collector's edition and have the DLC season pass (no need for that to go to waste). But probably more sparingly.

Message 6 of 27 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Was it rushed to meet the release date with the mentality "We'll fix it later."?

Obviously yes.

The thing that realy bothers me is that they are focusing in releasing new content instead of fixing the game-braking mp issues.

I can not understand how SSM is not seeing that this game have the potential to be the mp game of the year
Message 7 of 27 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 8, 2013
^Agreed.

Message 8 of 27 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Apr 8, 2013

sNsReal wrote:
Was it rushed to meet the release date with the mentality "We'll fix it later."?

Obviously yes.

The thing that realy bothers me is that they are focusing in releasing new content instead of fixing the game-braking mp issues.

I can not understand how SSM is not seeing that this game have the potential to be the mp game of the year

Theyre trying to do both but you're right, it seems like more emphasis is put on new content. I think this is the case because it may be things they wanted in the game from the begining but ran out of time to put in. It sucks but I have faith in them.

photo TonyDanzaClan.jpg
Message 9 of 27 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2013

Faith... is something that i do not have anymore for God Of War games (especially after this one), and any hope for this MP mode is quickly diminishing. The upcoming content patch will only keep me entertained for so long after which i will be just as aggravated with the state of the existing game and quickly put the game down again. And when the next patch comes, i will try again and see if things are better.

I just can't enjoy this game as it is, some mechanics in the game are just so broken and bad. I especially hate Michael Jackson-mode and everything that makes player not take damage, like picking up world weapon, why is the player stuck on the animation and invincible??? Lost count how many times MJ-mode took damage away that should have killed an opponent like Fist Of Ares second explosion. And invisible walls and inconsistency with bouncing and grappling etc... BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP (i did not type **bleep** bleep...) i am done, i keep repeating myself on different threads and i begin to get tired of typing.

Message 10 of 27 (104 Views)
0 Likes