Highlighted
Mar 19 2013
By: pipking01 Splicer 56 posts

Thank You, Team (and Rivals)

19 replies 197 views Edited Mar 19, 2013

I just went five rounds with a group of random people, no chat (on my end at least), and it was some of the best gaming I've ever experienced.

Each team of three watched each other's backs every single game. Their team, our team; objectives, kills, whatever -- we were there for each other all without any verbal communication. I don't have a headset, and besides -- I think a good game shouldn't need any more than a basic understanding of the rules and great UI to get strangers to cooperate.

This is a very good game.

And this was the first time I felt all the players were extraordinary well matched; we each won two games a piece before the fifth. Without words, it became a best-of-five thing. That fifth game was INTENSE. They all were -- it went back and forth every single match and always came down to the wire.

So, to my worthy opponents and my glorious teammates: champions all. Thank you for some incredible competition and cooperation.

To SSM: thank you. It might not be perfect, but this MP is something special. When the servers are humming and the matchmaking is clicking this game just sings.

Message 1 of 20 (197 Views)
Splicer
79 posts

Re: Thank You, Team (and Rivals)

Mar 19, 2013
^This. I have the same feeling everytime Im dropped into game with some randoms but yet, everything works like in well oiled mechanism. Overtime people will be even more open for good co-op in 4v4 matches. If you feel like a lone-wolf there's always Match of Champions. So I totally agree with you on that matter - if it clicks, it clicks. Game ON!
Life's a Game
Message 2 of 20 (184 Views)
Fender Bender
2802 posts

Mar 19, 2013

these are the kind of threads i like to see Smiley Happy i like how u say the game sings 

Message 3 of 20 (177 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Mar 19, 2013
@thelesman

You Forgot About Our 1 v 1 Lad ? .Lol

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 4 of 20 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2330 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Appreciate the good and fair matchups because they're few and far between.

Message 5 of 20 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Mar 19, 2013
@thelesman

Yeah man -- it feels like a good jam session, everyone getting in on a groove and making something happen. At least I think so. I don't know, I don't play an instrument. Smiley Happy

Or like Journey, when you stick with one buddy through the whole experience, and working together you never have to touch the ground.

@SILVERX200

I can appreciate that it doesn't always click like it did last night, but at the same time, even in the matches I'm getting dribbled like basketball (which is more frequent than not, trust me), it doesn't feel broken or unfair to me -- not at the extent you seem to think it is, anyway.

I'll just be honest: I've seen your posts all up and down this board asserting that everything is imba, broke, garbage, unfair, unpolished -- even going so far as to call out your teammates for not playing right because they didn't carry you.

I humbly submit that you appear to be blaming everything and everyone else so you do not have to take some responsibility for your loses. It's never you, you don't make mistakes -- it's always your team, the game, the servers, the Gods themselves.

And while I don't think you're wrong about some of the issues the game has, it's getting increasingly hard to parse that out from what seems like a lot of whining and whinging and raging.

I don't mean to call you out or anything. Just... take a deep breath, dude.
Message 6 of 20 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2802 posts

Mar 19, 2013
what do u mean stripesmarine ? u talk kinda weird

Message 7 of 20 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2802 posts

Mar 19, 2013
i know pipking i play 2vs2 with my friends it's like the game is having an orgasm then

Message 8 of 20 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2013

thelesman wrote:
what do u mean stripesmarine ? u talk kinda weird

This guy haha Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 20 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

Mar 19, 2013

pipking01 wrote:

I just went five rounds with a group of random people, no chat (on my end at least), and it was some of the best gaming I've ever experienced.

Each team of three watched each other's backs every single game. Their team, our team; objectives, kills, whatever -- we were there for each other all without any verbal communication. I don't have a headset, and besides -- I think a good game shouldn't need any more than a basic understanding of the rules and great UI to get strangers to cooperate.

This is a very good game.

And this was the first time I felt all the players were extraordinary well matched; we each won two games a piece before the fifth. Without words, it became a best-of-five thing. That fifth game was INTENSE. They all were -- it went back and forth every single match and always came down to the wire.

So, to my worthy opponents and my glorious teammates: champions all. Thank you for some incredible competition and cooperation.

To SSM: thank you. It might not be perfect, but this MP is something special. When the servers are humming and the matchmaking is clicking this game just sings.

Its good to see someone talk about the good time they had and not whining away for hours about a minor issue.
Im glad that within all this chaos you found such a glorious battle, and even based war that came down to the last battle.
Like staring in your own movie. Hooooray for you broski Smiley Happy
Add my PSN the epicness doesnt have to be so random
Im sure im not the only one!

Message 10 of 20 (85 Views)
0 Likes