Mar 27 2013
By: ESTBMF First Son 1 posts

Teach me how to Ares

11 replies 297 views Edited Mar 27, 2013

So I'm wearing full artemis armor with the level 9 sword, grapple relic, healing item and the bomb move, even with the 70%+ physical damage I still find the attacks really weak, I have to pull off 2 straight combos with grapple just to kill a guy, is this set even worth wearing?

I can't find an in-depth guide online so to all the good Ares players what are your general strategies and loadouts?

Also I really don't see a difference in melee damage vs say Hades, while Hades has hp leeching, escape, I get 2 to 3 shotted by them if they know what they're doing. Playing as Ares I feel if I miss a dodge and I'm pretty much dead vs any decent player, and not sure if it's lag related but when I pop specials at the same time as other classes they would hit me first every single time. I'm not doing terrible or anything but would like to get better, still having a blast in this game's multiplayer

Message 1 of 12 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Re: Teach me how to Ares

Mar 27, 2013
Well, just yesterday we discussed this.
If we talk about lvl 30 you should try several builds, but depends on what you like.
I go with
War armor + Mintaur hammer
Inferno
Call to arms and Brutality relic

I need 2-3 grapple combos to kill somebody, but my style is only good when there is no lag and against unskilled playersSmiley Very Happy
>when I pop specials at the same time as other classes they would hit me first every single time
Lol, I was just saying the exact same words, you a lagging my friend, and there is nothing you can do about it.

I played this morning with n0 lags, against low lvl players and had zero problems even with 2v1.

Btw if you like the blade you can stick with it. I just prefer hammers.
Message 2 of 12 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1497 posts

Mar 27, 2013
No character is doing 1 combo kills not even Ares. Going full artemis armour is nonsensical unless you have God-like defensive skills or you confident in your ability to dodge, and even then I don't recommend it. You do need some sort of defense or you'll find out you end up dying really quickly. IMO if you have your physical attack around the 60 mark then that's good.

There is no set in stone strategy for Ares to use as he's just a powerhouse player. He's has the ability to kill people quickly so make sure you do so. IMO to be a real good Ares player you need to have a solid defence.

Call to Arms is a MUST! Why I don't see other Ares players using it is beyond me. Enemy without block for 12 seconds is essentially a dead enemy unless you make a huge mistake.

Hades physical attack power is average. The only reason it may pose a problem is because Ares defence is lowest next to Zeus, especially with players in the habit of bumping up there attack power.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Message 3 of 12 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Mar 27, 2013
I have something like 50% attack, you can do60+ with Battle armor or Artemis.
What's your set up Dabeast?
Message 4 of 12 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1497 posts

Mar 27, 2013
Level 30
Battle armour for head and body, war armour for legs. Think it's 60 PA and 20 PD.

I use the war hammer. I know minatour hammer give about 2-3 better defence and cool down but I prefer the war hammer specials.

For magic I use Ares Inferno. Great tool to use defensively as well, in addition to disabling block as well.

Relic: whatever the first one is.

Message 5 of 12 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Mar 27, 2013
L1+sq war hammer special is good, but seems to slow , Mintaur hammer has better overall stats.
I would say you need to keep a distance with War hammer and get in closer range with minotaur.
With inferno you can do a non stop launch and grapple combo.
Message 6 of 12 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Mar 27, 2013

DaBeast151 wrote:
No character is doing 1 combo kills not even Ares. Going full artemis armour is nonsensical unless you have God-like defensive skills or you confident in your ability to dodge, and even then I don't recommend it. You do need some sort of defense or you'll find out you end up dying really quickly. IMO if you have your physical attack around the 60 mark then that's good.

There is no set in stone strategy for Ares to use as he's just a powerhouse player. He's has the ability to kill people quickly so make sure you do so. IMO to be a real good Ares player you need to have a solid defence.

_______Call to Arms is a MUST! Why I don't see other Ares players using it is beyond me. Enemy without block for 12 seconds is essentially a dead enemy unless you make a huge mistake._______

Hades physical attack power is average. The only reason it may pose a problem is because Ares defence is lowest next to Zeus, especially with players in the habit of bumping up there attack power

-call to arms is great but the indicator stating you cant block and if you have a decent player they will run atleast thats what they all do for me lol but during team fights which seems to happen only on walls of troy its worth it since it narrows both teams to fight.
-war armor of ares is the best bet it gives you health defense and attack damage IMO makes him a tanky DPS

Message 7 of 12 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Mar 27, 2013
>they will run atleast thats what they all do for me

50|50 runners/attackers But you can outrun them, it +20% speed as I remember, also you can use it for escaping ;D

Horn of restoration sucks.

Eye of wolf helped me once, when RAGE mode guy hit me and ringed out because of it , lol.

I agree, war armor lvl3 is better overall than any other.
Message 8 of 12 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1497 posts

Mar 27, 2013
Play smart and even if the run you can catch them. A lot of people like to dodge so all you have to do is anticipate it

Message 9 of 12 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Mar 27, 2013
*Teach me how to Dougie, Teach me Teach me how to Dougie*

Couldn't resist. Lol!

The one thing about wearing Artemis armor is that is takes away from your Health. It does add to your Physical Attack, but the trade off in health isn't always warranted. I would say it's good to have maybe one piece of Artemis armor on to really boost your Physical Damage. The Battle Armor is pretty good to mix it with to have a high output of Physical Damage.

As for Magic, Ares Inferno can get you out of tough situations and deal some pretty decent damage to your enemies.

Item, the one that disables enemies blocks is a first class ticket to whooping some @ss. Only Poseidon champs should be able to adequately defend against the use of this item.

Relic, one gives +15(?) Physical Attack on successful grapples and then there's one that give +40%(?) Physical Attack on Kill Streaks I believe which means Ares Physical Attack can soar over 100% (Yikes!).

Good skill and mixture of some of these will have your enemies fearing you as the true God of War! Smiley Wink

*Ev'rybody Dougie, Ev' Ev' Ev'rybody Dougie* Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 12 (146 Views)
0 Likes