Last Guardian
11779 posts

Re: Suggestions: Toning down Ares' Relic of Determination

Apr 28, 2013

^U say poseidon is tough to beat. I agree.... that is true (they all are). However, unlike the reckoning stunlock, he is not impossible to stop (I have many counters for other poseidons). Now dont think Im saying reckoning itself is unbeatable, rather, it is the asclepius combination that allows u to send off infinite ones and earn easy triples .....at the very least I dont think you should be silenced by it. The relic .....perhaps it is fine as is....but the bug should be removed at least

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 31 of 39 (205 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Apr 28, 2013

It is hard to implement many zeus's reckoning in practice especially in low health during chaotic MoC, in theory it is powerful though.

Just like the relic of determination, if the bug is fixed, as it is hard to survive longer than two minutes in MoC (normally if you are not facing noobs), so it is really not that powerful as the description suggests.

Some people say it will accumulate like  200% and thats OP, but how many matches you end up with no death huh.

Poseidon on the other hand, they are tough given their current equipment, relic and items, and no GAP between theory and practice.

Message 32 of 39 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11779 posts

Apr 28, 2013

^I disagree on the last bit. Poseidon's tankiness is just as critical to his character as ares phys damage is to that god. There is quite a gap between the average and good poseidon player. The dumb ones (no people ur not dumb for doing this im jk) will go full tank.....that is rlly not the best build imo. Using poseidon effectively is...not just soaking damage. On that note, I know some great ways to stop him as hades and ares....especially ares....those guys are our achilles heal if they know how to play lol they can rape...basically there are some combos that render armor useless. Also....i dont pla moc.....but i dont know about poseidon being good there...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 33 of 39 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Apr 28, 2013

^I can stay alive a long while as Ares at times but that's because I use Elemental Power instead with his Lance so my DoT from my flames is really **bleep** high, I like to play in corners as well, if I get someone in a corner I use Flame Wall or my flamethrower(it keeps knocking them against the wall so they really can't escape), even if I die, I usually get the kill 3 seconds later.

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 34 of 39 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Apr 28, 2013
i play ares and its my fav god. and i say determination is
op. last night i played 3 matches 2v2 with 0 deaths, we won 3 matches in a ro and i didnt died a single time.

the weak part is the first 2 mins of the match, if i survive 2 mins you are in a big, big problem.

i use medusa helm, artemis chest, manticore boots, and blade of athena.
past 2 mins the healing ammount is realy insane, not to mention if you survive the entir match.

thats why i say that ep need a different value, or be 20 pp 10 ep
Message 35 of 39 (158 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Apr 28, 2013

I mainly only use it for trial of the gods, its great especially on Lost Souls. 5 mins in and you get +100% bonus, 10 mins and its +200%. thats insane! I thought it was supposed to reset to 0 at death, but noticed hands glowing upon respawn. thanks for clearing it up, that upon respawn you start out with one stack of +10-20%

Message 36 of 39 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

[ Edited ]
May 5, 2013

Oh god, now I see why ppl are complaining about this relic. Fought a guy that had it and while we were fighting, he couldnt get a hit on me(I had alittle over half health) until he probably only had one more hit left and he hits me and I become stunned. Just one freakin hit and I lost that fight.

He won with 12/0 cuz no one was able to survive from his attacks.

Message 37 of 39 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

May 5, 2013

SirCrush wrote:

Sorry guys...I have enjoyed using this relic but it is WAY too powerful and does need to be toned down some. I am an Ares main but I gotta say that this relic is a bit overpowered.

Some ideas I've had to nerf it:

* Level 3 yields 10-15% per minute, resets at spawn at 10-15%. It currently resets on spawn at 20% so you keep at least 20% buffs even if you die.

* Alternate 20% Physical, 20% Elemental power per minute instead of both at once.

* Have the 20% buffs RESET TO ZERO on death. It doesn't currently do this.

*  Have the buffs stack after 90 seconds instead of 60.

Also, I think the Relic of Plenty could use a boost. As of now, it's a complete waste of space since other relics yield MUCH MORE physical power for doing simple tasks. Perhaps make it give Elemental power +15% as well? Or increase the physical buff a bit? This may not be needed since it's basically an infinite buff if you never use your magic (or keep it at least half full) but it really seems like a waste to me, especiallly compared to the Relic of Determination.

Disagree? Please reply and state why! Or give your own suggestions below Smiley Happy

I don't really agree with the ideas on how to nerf it, but yes it does seem kinda crazy atm.  

My biggest problem with messing with time is, matches are hella short and if you die late in a match, the relic is pretty much useless.  Or hell, even if you die a lot during a match it's very useless.  

I think it should be per kill honestly.  Have maybe a lower amount, but grant some health and permanent damage/m. damage on kill or brutal kill.  

I mean, I honestly love this effing relic.  The way it is, I feel like I can finally stand up to Zeus/hades players without relying on heaps of magic or world weapons.  I can finally deal out a bunch of damage like my class should, while every other class has all their avoiding damage gimmicks and locking people in combos crap.  

Message 38 of 39 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

May 5, 2013

Look at it this way. The relic is used to counteract poseidon's tankness, while it can also take down zeus and hades along the way, i feel like each relic, and each thing they give you counteracts each other and there should be no change. Taking it back to how the poseidon relic makes you near invincible, the relic of determination actually makes the ares character have a better chance of killing the poseidon character. 

Nothing should be changed, Only thing that needs some fixin is host migration.

End of Story.

Message 39 of 39 (98 Views)
0 Likes