Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Re: Suggestions: Toning down Ares' Relic of Determination

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2013

I haven't come across an Ares player that can live long enough to take advantage of it, but i can see the potential.

Edit: Also, it does reset on death, its just applying the initial buff on respawn instead of waiting 1 minute. This is just a bug that will most likely get fixed.

Message 11 of 39 (220 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

Apr 27, 2013

I lived 5 minutes with this relic on lv 3 Smiley Very Happy

I think it should just reset when you die.

signature.jpg

Message 12 of 39 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Apr 27, 2013

Poseidon4ever wrote:

^I still dont know what the big deal is with the glad hammer....and i dont want to. Reckoning needs to last a shorter amount of time and have a smaller radius

Neither do I, I can count on one hand the amount of players that I have seen using the gladiator hammer. 

Message 13 of 39 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Apr 27, 2013
Ya it seems like a risk/reward thing but without the risk since it isn't resetting at 0 . And that much of both types? Oof

It's fun doing 4v4's and trying to duel an Ares who was on the other side of map for awhile, and getting killed in one tiny combo(leveling my hades up so no juggling or anything he literally squared 3 times and killed me which is pretty silly).
Message 14 of 39 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2802 posts

Apr 27, 2013

I_Ceases_I wrote:

Poseidon4ever wrote:

^I still dont know what the big deal is with the glad hammer....and i dont want to. Reckoning needs to last a shorter amount of time and have a smaller radius

Neither do I, I can count on one hand the amount of players that I have seen using the gladiator hammer. 

be aware of good players with gladiator hammer i know they are rare but they exist

Message 15 of 39 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 27, 2013

I_Ceases_I wrote:

I haven't come across an Ares player that can live long enough to take advantage of it, but i can see the potential.

Edit: Also, it does reset on death, its just applying the initial buff on respawn instead of waiting 1 minute. This is just a bug that will most likely get fixed.

Yeah I worded it poorly but said basically the same thing lol and a full reset may be all that relic needs to be balanced, to be honest. THat starting 20% point is KILLER especially since it grows from there. If it started from 0, that is a pretty big "nerf" from where it stands now and might go a long way towards making it less devastating.

With you and Grenix's tandem attacks, it's little wonder you guys rarely see someone able to get anything out of this relic lol I did nail you guys once or twice with it myself. The damage increase is HUGE after just 2 minutes, 1 if I die but when you hit that 3 and 4 minute mark, even a stomp magic can take 50% health or more and the followup jump [] [] R1 finishes the job, sometimes without need of the R1.

Message 16 of 39 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Apr 27, 2013

thelesman wrote:

I_Ceases_I wrote:

Poseidon4ever wrote:

be aware of good players with gladiator hammer i know they are rare but they exist

ahhh, now we are getting somewhere...so its a skilled player that makes a weapon OP. Well that can be said for just about any weapon then. 

Message 17 of 39 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 27, 2013

I_Ceases_I wrote:

Poseidon4ever wrote:

It's NOT widely used, surprisingly, but it is a mean weapon. I personally don't use it because it feels cheap to me, has since the beta. Every now and then I'll bust it out when I'm frustrated since it pretty much guarantees a great KDR, at least when I use it and I know when many others do, they have the same result. I get the sense that many people don't agree that it's too powerful and that leaves me dumbfounded but we are each entitled to our own opinions.

Message 18 of 39 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Apr 27, 2013
It already IS balanced. You have to survive one minute just to even begin to get a bonus. Thats forever in a deathmatch. And its still not outshining the relic of mastery until 2 minutes in. My advice? Quit getting hit
Message 19 of 39 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11781 posts

Apr 27, 2013

^incorrect. if u die thn u automatically get 1 stack....tht effect should be removed

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 20 of 39 (181 Views)
0 Likes