Dec 17 2012
By: Crackle2012 Uncharted Territory 1346 posts

Stat info?? and several tiny glitches

6 replies 134 views Edited Dec 17, 2012

Ok, first off, I would like to add some observations as a level 30 zeus and a level 8 or 9 Ares player.. I have played countless matches at this point and here is what I have noticed/ think needs to be done about several things

I will start with the main issue that is bugging me.  It is about the stats in the lower right hand corner when you

are viewing your character before you join a match.. I think there is Health, phys resist, ELement resist, Phys power, elemental power, cooldown, and magic.. If i missed one that is ok.. you get my point.  Anyways, these are all good and well but the ONLY one I can read efficiently is health.  There is not enough detail about them.

For instance, does physical attack power include every hit you do with a weapon?  Let's take zeuses hammer for instance.  At max level the only thing it does is add about 100 elemental power.  So If I am using armor that ups my PHYSICAL power, and I am using zeuses hammer which Ups ELEMENTAL power, there needs to be more detail specifying what exactly that is effecting.  When I swing and hit you with zeus hammer is that a physical blow or elemental, since the weapon is +100 ELEMENTAL dmg.  Does Elemental Dmg help only the lightning that comes out of the hammer and magic spells or does it help all damage?  etc etc... I am not asking these questions for an answer, but to merely make a point.. There is no clarity about exactly what equipping yourself with all elemental damage will do, for instance.  Will my magic be stronger? or just the attacks from an elemental + weapon towards someone with low elemental resist?  You get my point.  There needs to be detail explaining each attribute.  

Also, the cooldown attribute.  What exactly is this cooling down?  Stun time? The amount of time it takes for your R1+ Square and Triangle/L2 attacks to recharge after a use?  What?  and What does +120 cooldown meen?  How many seconds off of what is that?  I can't read this stuff.. Its cool, but it just needs to be explained! 

Ok now for some small things I have noticed.  -----------

1. When I first log on, my character looks awsome and the detail is amazing, however, when I go into battle there is a sort of *shiny* outline that my character gets, and I believe this is intentional to make him stick out from the background or *whatever reason*  HOWEVER, this is staying with me sometimes after a match ends and then when I go back to view my character after a match.. he still has this BLINDING shiny outline and I can barely see my character lol.  Not a big deal, just a small graphical glitch I noticed.

2.  During the cutscene where a team gathers together and they stab the eyeball for the win in team favor, I have seen a couple times the entire animation go through, but my camera stayed on my character and I had to literally run over to the winning side to watch it happen.  I'm not talking about just cutting his face, I am talking about when all 4 team members are involved and they hook his eye pull it out and one guy jumps in and stabs it.  Correct me if I am wrong, but when this happens it is because you have 7000 points and killing the cyclops gave you 8000 for the win and the game is over and everyone should be ZOOMED to the winning team watching the kill happen, right??

3.  Several times now during the spear of olympus dropping down a treasure chest or something was respawning i think, and my camera was *inside* the chest and I could see a bunch of corners glitching etc as the spear dropped down

4.  This may be like, lag related or something, but sometimes I will stun an enemy, see a red halo, go to grapple him and my grapple wont even come out.  This has only happened like twice out of 1000 times but still.. just saying.  It is pretty frustrating when your opponent is *dead* and your spear wont come out then he comes out of stun and kills you!

That is all I can think of for now!  I hope this helps Santa Monica!!  Keep up the awsome work guys.  I love it!

Message 1 of 7 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Re: Stat info?? and several tiny glitches

Dec 17, 2012

Oh i came to add one thing, on my Zeus character, when I use the item *Chalice of something*  It says that it gives you some health I believe?  and is supposed to make magic regen for 20 seconds or something... this is at level 3.  Everytime I use it however, I see blue orbs go into my character but my magic bar does NOT go up at all.  Just wondering about this! :-)

Message 2 of 7 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

I had problems with nº 4 too ..
of every 3 times I press R1 when the character is bewildered, one I didnt grab it and he wake up

Message 3 of 7 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Dec 17, 2012
+1 to this OP and also agree that Chalice doesn't give you Magic just HP.
Message 4 of 7 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 17, 2012
Have to agree in regards to the stat issues. A little clarity on them would go a long way into planning a build. As far as the large Cyclops cinematic, I thought only tge winning team sees it.
Message 5 of 7 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Dec 17, 2012

I think what resist does is make you not flinch and take less damage during the respective stat cause sometimes enemies don't flinch when hit, as for damage, there's no actual way to test it but I think EP is for magic and elemental attacks and PP for physical cause on my Ares with 640 PP, if I can do my Square, hold Square, Square etc combo, I swear that's half or more of your health gone while with my Zeus of 590 EP, it takes considerably longer, the grapple thing is something to do with the kill stealing thing they added, whoever gets last hit before guy goes into brutal kill status is only one that can kill him even though sometimes there's no one else. With Zeus, you need to use abilities more period, Zeus more conservitably played as opposed to Ares

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 6 of 7 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Dec 20, 2012

Cool thanks for some clarity on this guys.. still would love to hear from a Dev on this...

Message 7 of 7 (105 Views)
0 Likes