Sackboy
533 posts

Re: Sprinting...Again!

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

I think being in a 1v3 situation is unfair enough, its an easy kill for the other 3 players even with the dodge and sprint spamming...

How many times do you escape that situation? i almost never escape due to bein juggled and cornered, you will be death in no time unles you are a poseidon.

All of this asuming you have item on CD.

It will be worst if you dont have at least 1 escape method in that situation. By the way, its easy to counter. (if grapple works as intended).

By the way, grapple needs a priority system, where stun and open to theter needs to be in priority number one.

I hate when i have a player ready to be brutal killed ant theter just try to grapple a blocking player... THAT is annoying

Message 41 of 55 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 8, 2013
We'll have to just agree to disagree about the Sprinting and Dodging. I feel a player shouldn't be able to easily escape a 1v3 situation without the use of an item. The constant spamming makes this a reasonable escape and dilutes the strategy of ganging up on the best player or allowing yourself to be ganged up on so your teammates may achieve other objects.

But I do agree somewhat with the grapple system. It's wonky at best. Way to many superman glides and quick recovers from brutal kill states or instantly breaking out of a brutal kill state. That's pretty annoying.

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW
Message 42 of 55 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Apr 8, 2013
" I feel a player shouldn't be able to easily escape a 1v3 situation without the use of an item"

Please, show me how easy it is, i dont get it, i almost never escape unless the other 3 are noobs
Message 43 of 55 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 8, 2013
We're just having different experiences then. I've personally escaped a few times myself in the Bog spamming Dodging and Sprinting. I've also seen other players escape. I'm not one to gang up in a 1v3. I leave it as a 1v2 as my teammates should be able to take care of them.

But there has been some instances where the guy escapes and begins battling me or tries to run past me.

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW
Message 44 of 55 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Apr 8, 2013
I thing is a lag issue then, as i said before.
A couple of times doesnt make it game-braking imo, in fact, it adds some spicy to the game experience.
Message 45 of 55 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 8, 2013
I've done it quite a few times myself and have seen it done quite a few times. Everything can't be blamed on lag though lag is a major issue. I do agree lag can greatly effect gameplay, but lag wasn't an issue in my experiences.

They don't need huge Cooldowns like Specials (which I mentioned earlier in this thread - not sure if you read that), but just a brief Cooldown where they can't be spammed constantly.

Message 46 of 55 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
729 posts

Apr 8, 2013
What I really REALLY hate is running from 1vs1 fights to health fountains with me chasing and then return with full health and I still with the health I had after the 1st fight.

Not fair to lose like that :/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 47 of 55 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Watanabe_ugo wrote:
What I really REALLY hate is running from 1vs1 fights to health fountains with me chasing and then return with full health and I still with the health I had after the 1st fight.

Not fair to lose like that :/

Keep the pressure, they will never escape that 1v1 situation if you keep the pressure on. And if he does, then you fail.

Cmon guys, is awesome to have the chance to turn the table!

Message 48 of 55 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Apr 8, 2013

DaJizzle wrote:
I've done it quite a few times myself and have seen it done quite a few times. Everything can't be blamed on lag though lag is a major issue. I do agree lag can greatly effect gameplay, but lag wasn't an issue in my experiences.

They don't need huge Cooldowns like Specials (which I mentioned earlier in this thread - not sure if you read that), but just a brief Cooldown where they can't be spammed constantly.

I do read it all, thats why im replying. If you spam dodge you will get grappled, so spaming dodge is punished by grapple (again the problem is grapple not dodge/sprint).

That cooldown is there in fact, notice the .05 segs of no actions when you finish dodge and the animation itself...

Message 49 of 55 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Let's say there is a brief Cooldown for Dodging as you're eluding to. There is ZERO Cooldown for Sprinting. I'm sure you've noticed that as well.

Message 50 of 55 (40 Views)
0 Likes