Sackboy
533 posts

Re: Sprinting...Again!

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

DaJizzle wrote:
Let's say there is a brief Cooldown for Dodging as you're eluding to. There is ZERO Cooldown for Sprinting. I'm sure you've noticed that as well.

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW

Totally true, but i think you will be killed if you try to just run in a 1v3 situation.

Im used to play free for all games, (cos 4+ player lag a lot for me) so if i see another enemy coming in i inmediately stop the combo and act as needed to keep the other one away. I use that same strategy in a team match. Why i do this? simply because i know that im going to be punished hard. But if the player being comboed by me realizes that im goint to sprint escape he will grapple me (it happened to me), so its a complicated situation, and your descision to stay or run have to be very quick, and if you put a CD, or slower animation at the start of the sprint it will negate that escape mechanism. (despite using magic or item)

Just think what will happen if you put a CD to spirnt/dodge and you will realize that is not so simple as adding a Cooldown.

Maybe you can fine tune the sprint move, but Cooldown its not the way imo.

Message 51 of 55 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 8, 2013
I respect your views my good sir, but there's no need for us to continue debating this subject. We've both made fine points (myself multiple times to different forumers). Smiley Happy I believe this thread has been forwarded to the dev team and let's hope that the necessary fixes are made that allow all of the game's mechanics to function properly. Whether that's Sprinting getting a Cooldown, Dodging getting a Cooldown, or Tweaking of the Grapple System; I hope all the necessary tweaks are made.

*thumbs up*

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW
Message 52 of 55 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2013

Stamina system would solve all problems, so you could not spam everything and be victorious, you would have to play strategy and forethought, i do not understand how hard it is to see... its not like it has not been implemented in tons of games before with success. Bugs aside, the mechanics in this game are good (not parry). Either that or cooldowns for stuff, i prefer stamina system.

I wonder why im still postin in these forums, very unlikely that the game is gonna get any better, seeing as it did NOT get better after beta... one can hope though, i would really LOVE to like this game, currently is just can not.

Message 53 of 55 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Alghazanth wrote:

I wonder why im still postin in these forums, very unlikely that the game is gonna get any better, seeing as it did NOT get better after beta... one can hope though, i would really LOVE to like this game, currently is just can not.

Give them time to patch the bugs.  So many people are acting like a spoilt child who wants their milk when they're thirsty.

If the patch that focuses on bugs doesn't solve the problems that have been addressed by the community, then by all means complain all you want.

--------------------------------------------------
"Can you stand on your head?"

photo SparklyKitten3.jpg
Message 54 of 55 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 10, 2013
Time? Don't you think it will make things worse, seeing how this just got worse after beta. Many of the complaints have roots established during the beta, and were ignored for whatever reason, or made worse (like parry, for the hundred time).

When irritation, frustration and anger reign as dominant emotions when playing the game NOT fun, laughter, satisfaction and enjoyment, then something is wrong.
Message 55 of 55 (32 Views)
0 Likes