Lombax Warrior
75 posts

Re: Something needs to be done with world weapons

Apr 6, 2013
@thinkmad

I never said to get rid of world weapons. Nor did I say I ignore them. Infact I go out of my way sometimes to get them such as on the Troy map, I wait right by where they spawn to grab one. I even grabthem sometimes even if i dont use them. I'm just saying it shouldnt be a race to who can get world weapons first, because they are incredibly overpowered. Again, I never said to take them out. Just dull them down a bit
Message 11 of 26 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Apr 6, 2013

they know what we want but I'm guessing they think people who doesn't come to the forums would disagree or something.

Message 12 of 26 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Apr 6, 2013
World weapons should stay, but I agree with what someone said which is that there aren't much counterplay options besides run away.
Message 13 of 26 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 6, 2013

I hate attacking with world weapons. The spear was good in the beta, but in this I cant even get kills using it. The sword i rarely use it, I mainly throw it which about 60% of the times I miss lol. The club that one I use to knock ppl off the map if I can, otherwise I toss it which it misses 90% of the time. The shield I think is the most useful as u can charge at the person and with it they usually cant do anything thing about it, but it does mess me up at times.

Edit: Forgot about the sling, I never use it, only in SP, I think its the worst weapon out of all of them.

Message 14 of 26 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2327 posts

Apr 6, 2013

Actually there is a longer delay for world weapons and making it longer doesn't improve anything as there will just be less of them. You need them as much as the opponents.

The bigger issue is the tracking on the weapons. I've had countless swords/spears, and especially hammers get thrown in the most ridiculous places when you press L1+O. This always drives me crazy with the hammer because it is more likely to fly in a weird direction when there is an enemy right there. I always have them end up hitting a wall or a bridge or something that has nothing to do with a human player.

Message 15 of 26 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Apr 6, 2013

This is how I see it... world weapons are gifts from the gods!  They should be more powerful and make someones life miserable.  They already have a limited time/use for them which is not long at all.  The respawns aren't that fast (has anyone timed it?) I have zero issue with them.

Plus I also have a predisposition to people the cry "nerf." Sorry.. it's "thing" for me.

Message 16 of 26 (124 Views)
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 7, 2013

I don't like being killed with a world weapon, but they haven't been nearly as deadly to me as they seem to be for most of you.  First of all, yes the sword can probably kill you in one hold-circle string.  That's IF the person using it doesn't get interrupted by another player, which they can easily.  Happens to me all the time.  There's always your item too.

The hammer?  Powerful, certainly, but any halfway decent player has a solid chance of escaping after you get caught by that first swing.  I've been on both sides of this.  You try to throw it and it can get pretty unreliable there too.

I think the gorgon head or whatever it actually is is maybe the most annoying to me.  I've been hit with it so many times when, from my view, the person wasn't aiming anywhere near me.  Then one triangle attack and I'm dust.  Of course, when I try to use it, half the time they just keep breaking out.  

Shield's pretty annoying too.  Sometimes I can evade it, sometimes I can't.  Sometimes I can obliterate another person with it, sometimes I can't.

I don't understand how some people are okay with combo juggling chains that often kill a person in one series,  but think world weapons are too powerful or unfair.  At least world weapons can't be used every single time you encounter another player.

So far I don't see the problem with world weapons.  I get killed much more by people not using them than people using them.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 17 of 26 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
418 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

I don't think world weapons are the main issue with mp, yes they are annoying as hell, cheap, and abusive, but they are also avoidable if you use correct judgement just like with traps.

I believe the main issue is the use of MAGIC and RAGE MODE not world weapons, although ones like the blade, and Hermes boots are a bit unfair I love the use of world weapons and traps cause it adds random ways of attacking an opponent, but it doesn't completely dominate or overwhelm a battlefield like the use of magic or rage mode does and I absolutely despise it more when I'm fighting someone and it either appears to be a great match, I'm whooping their A S S or their whooping mine and they decide to be a P U N K A S S and cheat their way out of it by using Zeus Lightning, some Hades Soul BS or Ares Demigod surrounded in Flames junk.

I never use magic on 1 vs 1  and very rarely use it unless I'm caught up in a fight with 2 or more people and i cant escape or if someone decides to use theirs and I return the favor upon them and I hate using rage mode cause its so cheap and vice versa

I absolutely believe world weapons should be nerfed a bit, but magic and rage mode should either be really nerfed or eliminated all together imo.

They should had just left it with the magic thats within the special weapon attacks cause I believe thats more than enough.

I would much rather be taken out with a world weapon or trap cause that's my fault if I get caught up in it and most of the time you can see the person holding the weapon, but when magic or rage mode is used first of all you don't know its coming and you are left with having to use an item to get out of it or you get lucky by escaping it somehow which is very unlikely.

gowtheartofwar.webs.com
GET READY TO TASTE YOUR OWN BLOOD!

Message 18 of 26 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Apr 7, 2013

godly weapons...anyone?...

Message 19 of 26 (71 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Apr 7, 2013

I see world weapons the same way I see heavy weapons in Halo.  They're there to help converge players to one specific point in the map so that they can compete for something (aside from objective points).  I think world weapons also help low-health players who are running away from their attackers and are in great need of a means to turn the tide.

Should there be a "hardcore" mode that excludes world weapons from the map?  Yes, I really think so because some of us like to test our raw skill/build against others.  That doesn't mean it's unfair to include them in general gametypes.  They're fun to use and make the multiplayer experience more lively.

Message 20 of 26 (67 Views)
0 Likes