Jan 09 2013
By: Dixiedevil First Son 6 posts

So uhh. How do you play?

[ Edited ]
7 replies 246 views Edited Jan 9, 2013

Looks like it might be fun if I understood what the hell was goin on.  Don't know if I can get past the overwhelming urge to rip my controller apart. I'll give it a couple more try's but so far all this game is serving to do is tick me off.

Message 1 of 8 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

Re: So uhh. How the **bleep** do you play?

Jan 9, 2013
Did you play the tutorial?
Message 2 of 8 (240 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Yeah but it sure doesn't tell you much. I'll give it another shot tomorrow. I will say that the connection seems really stable.

Message 3 of 8 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

Team favor:  

You have to be active, as in move around the map, holding R1 to capture traps/altars/etc. which all play a part in getting favor.  I basically go around the map and capture any trap I see that doesn't have my team's icon above it, opening chests, and only going for kills when I have a decent life bar/magic and an even enough battle.  

Favor:  

Same thing but less room to do it, so inopportune fights will be inevitable.  Always be upgrading your warrior whenever possible with whichever combination you prefer.  If your stats are high in some things and not so much in others, try using items and relics that give you boosts in the lesser areas.  

General combat:  

There is an unmistakeable rhythm needed to succeed at this game's combat.  Knowing when to time Parrys and when to use Items ie if getting pummeled is essential.  

Cycle your special attacks, and try to have your cool down points (greenish-blue icon at bottom of your stats) enough to where you don't have to wait around too long to keep them going.  

Aways try to launch/juggle enemies, as a connecting grapple adds nice damage.  

Grab world weapons whenever possible and be relentless with them.  

Don't get frustrated.  You'll improve with time and persistence. 

Yes I agree the servers are very stable so far.  It even felt a bit smoother than before the Holidays.  Played up to level 11 Zeus tonight with no issues.   

Message 4 of 8 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Apparently it seems like some players could use a tutorial breakdown of the game modes.

This could actually kind of help in a team favor situation where some players don't know what to do with spear once they got it.

Message 5 of 8 (205 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

This would be a great help to newbies to multi player games and aslo would help the more experienced players to be less frustrated with the new guys I don't think most newbies intend to screw up a game but if they don't know what to do it's kind of hard for them not to. Some things are simple to figure out but others not so much.

A description of what you are susposed to do and the main goal of ech game mode would be a very good idea.

Message 6 of 8 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
354 posts

Re: So uhh. How do you play?

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

Team Favor is all about avoiding getting killed. Depending on the flow of the game breaking chest is going to do more for a team than protacted battle. This is true if the early lead is gained on the capture points. Use of magic at the right time always gets me out of jams.

Being an older gamer (42 on Satrday..woot!) all the twitch button combos can give me fits so i let the youngsters beat on me a bit till i see an opening then bolt... if I lose them i can get more magic and chests. If everyone is below in a corner trying to get kills my team will win due to the speed of chest spawns...and that I grabbed the other  capture points.

also having the +50 magic per x chests plays into the strategy.

The long death scenes might be cool but they are slow.... 

UNIT-TRB Trophy Card
Message 7 of 8 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
73 posts

Re: So uhh. How do you play?

Jan 10, 2013

For starters choose zeus, spam lightning storm and always get the magic when it spawns. You'll always win.

ↅoD Ω W⋏R: ASCENSION BETA!

PSN Gamercards
Message 8 of 8 (113 Views)
0 Likes