Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
785 posts

Re: So this is our rewards...

Mar 21, 2013

Blade of Judgement-> same moves as gladiator sword (but with a blue glow :smileyhappy:)

Message 11 of 21 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

Mar 21, 2013
yeah..and champions hammer has bright yellow/light glow...
Message 12 of 21 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

May 30, 2013
Pretty disgusting if you ask me.. not the weapons/skins themselves, they can put out anything they want.. but the fact that it is not mentioned anywhere on the store or when you purchase these weapons in-game that they are just skins with minor asthetic differences.

They need to to communicate that stuff! But I guess then no-one would buy them. The descriptions are even different to those of the original versions of the weapons, it just comes of as incredibly exploitative.

For the first few days after purchasing the Mercenary Sword I thought it had glitched and was somehow using the Gladiator Sword moveset in error. Seriously lol.
Message 13 of 21 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

May 30, 2013
DLC is supposed to be mostly cosmetic in examples like this, it would b totally **bleep**ed if you could just buy the best gear. Also, with the next major updates we'll proly get some class upgrades for FREE. Also, another class soon, awsomesauce.
Message 14 of 21 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

May 30, 2013
Yeah dlc can't out shine in-game items. That would ruin what "balance" there is. Anything that is game changing will be free. Just like the previous free armor.
Message 15 of 21 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

May 30, 2013
No problem with those points, in fact I totally agree. But they need to tell us that these are only skins - I bought the Mercenary Sword thinking it was a completely new weapon, as I'm sure others have.

Why wouldn't we assume it is (a new weapon), when it looks different, has a different name and a different description to the original version?

Even now, I've still got no idea which DLC weapons are new and which are re-skins (aside from Atlas Hammer & Hyperion Spear which were previewed) I'm pretty addicted to the multiplayer and want to continue to support it, will happily pay for new gear, even if its just different and not necessarily 'better'. But I have no interest in paying for new skins. Can anyone point me to a list of current dlc weapons/armour that states which are truly 'new' and which are just skins of existing stuff?

Just my opinion, but the way they've gone about this seems a little dishonest to me.
Message 16 of 21 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11752 posts

May 30, 2013

thanatos blade and artemis blade are new :smileyhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 17 of 21 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

May 30, 2013
Thanks! So..

- thanatos blade
- artemis blade
- atlas hammer
- hyperion spear

are the 'new' weapons.

Any others, or armor?
Message 18 of 21 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

May 30, 2013
Everything else out is a reskin. The other weapons, Hepheastus (prob spelled that wrong lol) hammer and Phobos spear are unique.
Message 19 of 21 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

May 30, 2013
Thanks.

Still find it insane that you have to go digging for this info from other players and that it isn't clearly stated anywhere on the store, in the game or online, which weapons are truly 'new' and which are re-skins.

Anyhow, now that I know - time to get practicing with the new stuff!
Message 20 of 21 (63 Views)
0 Likes