Highlighted
Mar 07 2013
By: carnifex49 Hekseville Citizen 253 posts

So future MAP DLC IS FREE

[ Edited ]
11 replies 599 views Edited Mar 7, 2013

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/03/06/future-god-of-war-ascension-multiplayer-map-packs-wil...

"We’re going to release maps packs and additional maps for free so players don’t end up in a situation where they have a map pack and their friend doesn’t and then they can’t play together. Everyone is going to have the same maps."

I'd assume paid DLC will all be armor and weapons (there's still the Season Pass in the Collector's Edition, that has to be worth something).

Message 1 of 12 (599 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

Re: So future MAP DLC IS FREE

Mar 7, 2013
That's very great news, I hated that about other games if you don't have the Map Packs you can't play at all on the maps. I hate paying for extra crap that should already be on the disk so I'm glad they are going with this also I have the "CE" just to skip this problem lol
Message 2 of 12 (567 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Mar 7, 2013

@Lord-Kratos23 

You Said It Perfectly m8 ! *stripesmarine applauds loudly*

+1 Kudos To My Battle Buddy .Lol ; )

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 3 of 12 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Mar 7, 2013
They might have single player expansions lol u never know Smiley Tongue
Message 4 of 12 (537 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Mar 7, 2013

I Hope So, This Would Set The Example To Other Future First Party Developers About The Importance Of Future Add-On Content To The SP .

Except QuanticDream Since They Did Do A SP DLC For Heavy Rain .

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 5 of 12 (525 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

Mar 7, 2013
What about Gearbox Stripes? They have expansions for BL. Well to be fair that whole game is SP and MP at the same time lol.
Message 6 of 12 (514 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Mar 7, 2013

carnifex49 wrote:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/03/06/future-god-of-war-ascension-multiplayer-map-packs-wil...

"We’re going to release maps packs and additional maps for free so players don’t end up in a situation where they have a map pack and their friend doesn’t and then they can’t play together. Everyone is going to have the same maps."

I'd assume paid DLC will all be armor and weapons (there's still the Season Pass in the Collector's Edition, that has to be worth something).

Ahhh free maps this is good for the gamers. Now I don't feel bad about not being able to secure the CE.  I didn't need the statue/soundtrack/case and I'm getting armor and wepon dlc from pre-order and Rise of the Warrior. So I'm not worried about missing out on much for now.

Message 7 of 12 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
490 posts

Mar 7, 2013

i think we're all happy about this one.  Tomb Raider that just came out on Tuesday is a prime example of why something like this is needed.  As a special pre-order from GS you got the "Shanty Town" map for use in Free for All mode and lots of people don't have it, so if that map is voted in, good bye everyone else.  That's just not fun for us gamers, we should never be restricted to playing with our friends because of add-on content.  SSM did a great thing with this.

Also, Tomb Raider online isn't as bad as people were claiming IMO.  It's pretty satisfying to hunt someone down with a bow and arrow as opposed to running around and just holding the button down with a machine gun like most online MP games.  Of course, once GOW comes out next week nothing else will really matter Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12 (465 Views)
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Mar 7, 2013
@vanillabeast

Can you play as a female? I'd assume so Smiley Wink
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 9 of 12 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
490 posts

Mar 7, 2013

d1v4d wrote:
@vanillabeast

Can you play as a female? I'd assume so Smiley Wink

Yep.  You have two different factions to choose from, Survivors and Solarii, both of which have female characters.  You unock characters as you level up, so most aren't available to you when you first sart it up.

Dreissa from this forum was actually on my team last night, and yeah, she's a female character lol. 

Message 10 of 12 (421 Views)
0 Likes