Survivor
2333 posts

Re: So L2 can't save me now?

Apr 22, 2013

Leo_D_Destroyer wrote:

Well my L2 still works just not the other moves. For the life of me my L1 Triangle or square gets cancel out all the time now. I have watch people throw the hammer or spear at me while I'm hitting them but as soon as I try nothing.

I've had an extremely large amount of move cancelling where the other person's attacks always have priority even when my Item/Magic/L1 move or basic move have been activated before them. It will drive you crazy.

Message 31 of 35 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 22, 2013
Yeah happens to me all the time to, and i'm all but ready for whitecoats to come take me away to the nuthouse.... maybe they can take these nightmares from my head that i have gotten from playing this game.
Message 32 of 35 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

Apr 23, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

I've had an extremely large amount of move cancelling where the other person's attacks always have priority even when my Item/Magic/L1 move or basic move have been activated before them. It will drive you crazy.

Silver, I swear this game is getting worse with every update. Played for a bit last night and I ran into the following problems:

- My L2 Item escape being cancelled by an opponent just doing a standard Square sword combo. I was like **bleep** isn't that what the L2 button is for, escaping!? What's worse, is I could hear the sound playing out like it was activated and yet I remained being punished in his sword combo...

- Magic attacks getting getting cancelled. Yes I know magics can be cancelled by attacks that are faster enough to beat their cast-time but in the case I'm speaking about I was able to get the magic off but suddenly it stops as if someone completely negated the attack and it uses up my magic as if the attack actually occured...

- This is by far the worst one and I experienced it in multiple matches and it stunned both me and my teammates. Encountering this even once is too many times to have this happen in my opinion.

My teammates and I would be playing a match and then all of a sudden a teammate with a green name and healthbar would be able to attack and kill us! We were flabbergasted! There is literally no way to tell this person is on the other team until you realize they are killing you amidst the red life-bar'd opponents. Even if you press 'Start' to check the teams, the person appears on your team.

The very first time it happened to me, my teammates were saying one of our guys was attacking them and I thought they were joking. When I ran over to help out, I was surprised to see they weren't joking and somehow one of our teammates was fighting alongside the other team. Has anyone else had this problem??

These are just the few I remember from last night but there were a few more issues that were pissing me off too. This game is becoming a joke with most matches being a  crapshoot at best.

Message 33 of 35 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2333 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 23, 2013

kb4983 wrote:

SILVERX200 wrote:

Silver, I swear this game is getting worse with every update. Played for a bit last night and I ran into the following problems:

- My L2 Item escape being cancelled by an opponent just doing a standard Square sword combo. I was like **bleep** isn't that what the L2 button is for, escaping!? What's worse, is I could hear the sound playing out like it was activated and yet I remained being punished in his sword combo...

- Magic attacks getting getting cancelled. Yes I know magics can be cancelled by attacks that are faster enough to beat their cast-time but in the case I'm speaking about I was able to get the magic off but suddenly it stops as if someone completely negated the attack and it uses up my magic as if the attack actually occured...

- This is by far the worst one and I experienced it in multiple matches and it stunned both me and my teammates. Encountering this even once is too many times to have this happen in my opinion.

My teammates and I would be playing a match and then all of a sudden a teammate with a green name and healthbar would be able to attack and kill us! We were flabbergasted! There is literally no way to tell this person is on the other team until you realize they are killing you amidst the red life-bar'd opponents. Even if you press 'Start' to check the teams, the person appears on your team.

The very first time it happened to me, my teammates were saying one of our guys was attacking them and I thought they were joking. When I ran over to help out, I was surprised to see they weren't joking and somehow one of our teammates was fighting alongside the other team. Has anyone else had this problem??

These are just the few I remember from last night but there were a few more issues that were pissing me off too. This game is becoming a joke with most matches being a  crapshoot at best.

There is a lot of move canceling where there shouldn't be, and unblockable attacks are being blocked. It's like the computing process is messed up and out of sync so it creates disruption.

The player groupings is in a word, chaotic. This game loads horribly slow, and when there are connection issues it can take close to a minute or more for a match to start. During this time players are flipped around on teams and even during the matches I've seen players go from green to red. I've played in matches where there were 6 red bars and only two green.

You think you're seeing things until you have a large mass of players in one area so you know you're actually seeing it. Then you have invincible players who take no damage, and players with no health bar or magic bar. Then you get stuck in the ground and can't move or escape, or you and other players are frozen in place unable to do anything.

There is just so much going on in terms of glitches and problems that I would exhaust myself pin-pointing and trying to specify each exact issue. I am not being paid to fix this games' problems and I get attacked when I'm frustrated and vent about them.

Beta testing is one of the crappiest jobs you could have in the industry and people want to move on to something better fast. This is why there isn't as much testing done, or it's never done to the extent that it needs to be. You really have to grind a game into repetition to find the hidden flaws.

Patching and hotfixing create their own problems because of the domino effect. It's like Jenga. You remove a piece only to add one and de-stabilize the foundation.

Message 34 of 35 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 23, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

kb4983 wrote:

SILVERX200 wrote:

There is a lot of move canceling where there shouldn't be, and unblockable attacks are being blocked. It's like the computing process is messed up and out of sync so it creates disruption.

The player groupings is in a word, chaotic. This game loads horribly slow, and when there are connection issues it can take close to a minute or more for a match to start. During this time players are flipped around on teams and even during the matches I've seen players go from green to red. I've played in matches where there were 6 red bars and only two green.

You think you're seeing things until you have a large mass of players in one area so you know you're actually seeing it. Then you have invincible players who take no damage, and players with no health bar or magic bar. Then you get stuck in the ground and can't move or escape, or you and other players are frozen in place unable to do anything.

There is just so much going on in terms of glitches and problems that I would exhaust myself pin-pointing and trying to specify each exact issue. I am not being paid to fix this games' problems and I get attacked when I'm frustrated and vent about them.

Beta testing is one of the crappiest jobs you could have in the industry and people want to move on to something better fast. This is why there isn't as much testing done, or it's never done to the extent that it needs to be. You really have to grind a game into repetition to find the hidden flaws.

Patching and hotfixing create their own problems because of the domino effect. It's like Jenga. You remove a piece only to add one and de-stabilize the foundation.

No, Silver, haven't you read how easy all these fixes are?  Just in case the dim are reading this, that was sarcasm.

But yeah, the amount of issues right now is getting a little ridiculous.  Certainly draining the fun out of it.

Oh, Kb, I've noticed with the item interruption, if you hit it again it'll usually activate.  I've seen the same thing as you, I use my item, I hear it start and sometimes watch it start, then nothing happens and I keep getting attacked.   But like I said, most of the time when I activate it again, it will go through.   Magic, on the other hand,  and special attacks just get interrupted by ghosts and are used.  Very irritating.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 35 of 35 (71 Views)
0 Likes