Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 06 2013
By: GetRockednerd First Son 7 posts

So...I was kind enough to point out a major exploit and now my topic has been deleted?

5 replies 208 views Edited Jan 6, 2013

I assume it was deleted because yall didnt want people to know about the exploit? I wont say what it was, but my topic was titled "MAJOR game-breaking exploit--please fix". A little notice or something would be nice. Ridiculous that you just delete my post without even so much as sending me an email or discussing what youre going to do about this major exploit.

And its not like people dont know about it. People do it to me all the **bleep** time. Thanks for being so impersonal.

Message 1 of 6 (208 Views)
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: So...I was kind enough to point out a major exploit and now my topic has been deleted?

Jan 6, 2013
Did you report it for an 'atta boy'? I thought you were notifying them of a bug so they can remove it. It's customary for devs to delete such info (same with hacker and scammer names) when it is public like this. Why would they tell you they're fixing it? Isn't that a given? Why would they email you about why they deleted it? Isn't it a given, looking at this post?

You did a good job and helped the final product. Several of us said good catch. Don't ruin it
Message 2 of 6 (193 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: So...I was kind enough to point out a major exploit and now my topic has been deleted?

Jan 6, 2013

Well I had no idea as no one notified me. I thought it could be anything from a random mopderator to an actual dev. I just wanted confirmation that it was being looked into is all.

Message 3 of 6 (183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

Sorry if I sounded hostile. I just was surprised to see it deleted without anyone actually telling me "yes we're looking into that"

edit: also no, i dont care about recognition. i just wanted confirmation it was being handled. again, sorry if i came off as hostile. 

Message 4 of 6 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jan 7, 2013
No no it's fine. Just letting you know this is a fairly common way they deal with publicly addressed exploits like this. No worries they got it
Message 5 of 6 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Cool, thanks. That does make sense lol.

Message 6 of 6 (144 Views)