Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3054 posts

Re: Serious discussion about combos in this game.

Jun 14, 2013

Those combos come directly from AJ, our Combo King. :smileyhappy: They're quite effective!

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 39 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1339 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

gypsy816 wrote:

Those combos come directly from AJ, our Combo King. :smileyhappy: They're quite effective!

I guess that means yes lol. Thx for the quick response there Gypsy. You're a fast one!

hello kitty chun li atk.jpg

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 39 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1655 posts

Jun 14, 2013

hahah wow lol dj where do you find this stuff man i think that has to be the perfect pic for a post about miss gypsy lolz

- CPT of the Lomabax Preatorian Guard

"don't forget to buy poison arrows in order to f**k you chair"- epic name bro
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 39 (174 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
989 posts

Jun 14, 2013
I wouldn't have a problem with combos so much if there was a risk involved. Most players I come across can only fight with 100% combos and if they mess up ur still in a vulnerable position where they can either kill u with a simple square x3 combo or they run away and ur unable to stop/grab them then once cds are refreshed they come back again. its fustrating for me in team favor when players use things like 100% combos or say the helios hammer and I'm able to evade there attacks with either dodging or my item then they just run away to reset and I'm still down my item. Isn't doing the same combo or same abilties like helios hammer mark then explode over and over just the same as spamming reckoning?

And as u all say when pulling off combos the reward for pulling it off is lots of damage or even a kill but wat if you fail? Unless your fighting another person with great combos you can still take a beating only to comeback with another long combo and win. I see a lot of people that simply win because of a combo or string of abilities and without those combos couldn't win a fight. So who's the better player? If the system was dumbed down to a max of 4 attacks per combo a lot of the "noobs" could destory some of these "pros" because without the crutch of long string attacks they couldn't last in a real back and forth fight.

Now this is all just my own opinion and I'm no pro I suck at defense lol just like in real life I use my power to overcome in a fight and rarely block or parry lol. It works in real life but not here but once I finally master it watchout guys :smileyhappy:

Competition? Why yes, I would love some.
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 39 (165 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1339 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

PsychoSavage wrote:
Isn't doing the same combo or same abilties like helios hammer mark then explode over and over just the same as spamming reckoning?

I believe anything involving a repetitive nature would qualify as spam, but that's just me. I actually started a thread awhile back to "define" spam since many ppl seem to having differing opinions about it. Link to that thread is here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/define-spam/m-p/40284363#M40...

PsychoSavage wrote:
I see a lot of people that simply win because of a combo or string of abilities and without those combos couldn't win a fight. So who's the better player? If the system was dumbed down to a max of 4 attacks per combo a lot of the "noobs" could destory some of these "pros" because without the crutch of long string attacks they couldn't last in a real back and forth fight.

Hmmm... that's an interesting question you bring up Psycho (dude everytime I see your name I think of Bison's psychocrusher lol :smileyvery-happy:).

Hypothetically, if the system was tuned down to just simple combos would "pros" still have the edge in fights against beginner level players (who technically might be better used to using "basic" combos)? Anyone have thoughts about this?

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 39 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4316 posts

Jun 14, 2013

DJMadCow wrote:

PsychoSavage wrote:
Isn't doing the same combo or same abilties like helios hammer mark then explode over and over just the same as spamming reckoning?

I believe anything involving a repetitive nature would qualify as spam, but that's just me. I actually started a thread awhile back to "define" spam since many ppl seem to having differing opinions about it. Link to that thread is here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/define-spam/m-p/40284363#M40...

PsychoSavage wrote:
I see a lot of people that simply win because of a combo or string of abilities and without those combos couldn't win a fight. So who's the better player? If the system was dumbed down to a max of 4 attacks per combo a lot of the "noobs" could destory some of these "pros" because without the crutch of long string attacks they couldn't last in a real back and forth fight.

Hmmm... that's an interesting question you bring up Psycho (dude everytime I see your name I think of Bison's psychocrusher lol :smileyvery-happy:).

Hypothetically, if the system was tuned down to just simple combos would "pros" still have the edge in fights against beginner level players (who technically might be better used to using "basic" combos)? Anyone have thoughts about this?

Sure, "pros" will always have an edge in that they know what they're doing.  The problem is they'd have to work more for their kills, and contrary to what they might say, this is exactly what they don't want.

I've argued about the combo system numerous times.  From what I read around here, it seems like I'm on the losing end.  I still say one-string-kills don't belong in God of War.  I look at multiplayer as essentially what boils down to God of War boss fights or at least mini-boss fights (set to a higher difficulty).  Name me one God of War game where you could simply execute one string of moves and bring down a boss.  It doesn't fit.

Even the sentinel in Ascension doesn't lay down and die from one string of attacks.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 39 (135 Views)
Fender Bender
3054 posts

Jun 14, 2013

DJMadCow wrote:

gypsy816 wrote:

I guess that means yes lol. Thx for the quick response there Gypsy. You're a fast one!

hello kitty chun li atk.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh my goodness! :heart:

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 39 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Jun 15, 2013
The thing that cracks me up is people who use their item against attacks with no combo potential at full health. Good people save thier item for when they are in trouble like falling for a jump slice or getting parried. If I tap you with square you should not pop your item; because once it is over or I catch you your butt is mine. Some combos like those with the minotaur hammer are ridiculous but they are only possible if your in an isolated fight and how often does that happen? More times than not you have someone around to save you. Also what makes it fair is you have the same potential to combo them if you are as skilled. A lot of players now have just been spamming there combo starters so it is obvious what to avoid when battling them. As with everything fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. Just learn and experiment people. Combos should definatly be part of the game; 100 percent no but they should be part of the game in my opinion.
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 39 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

Jun 16, 2013
IMO I don't think combos as they are now are what the dev's had in mind for the game. I think somewhere along the line as players started coming up with these amazing combos they decided to jump with it and fully declare it part of the game.

While I've stated before that I am for both combos and the hack and slash style, I agree with Vanthem to some extent. Any (fighting) game the is meant to have combos in it has some sort of damage scaling system or a limit to how long the can be executed. Even games that do have infinites such as Marvel are exceptionally hard to pull off so you can't consider it spam as it requires massive amounts of skill to do.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 39 (85 Views)
0 Likes