Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: Serious Zeus question.

Jan 13, 2013

KING_PARKER_TSK wrote:

The whole zeus thing just seems to be a delicate issue that wont be fixed until we find out on the games release. Me personally I JUST DONT USE THE GUY. I do my best to destroy zeus users whenever possible. I hate them with a passion. Until the hades and posiedon drop in march we are stuck with the op sob. We just gonna have to deal.

I figured we wouldn't see a fix until launch, because they seem to be keeping tons of stuff secret in this beta.  

But the thing that sucks is, they could easily have a patch for Zeus now and have him "fixed" but he could still be OP or could even be nerfed too much and be at a huge disadvantage.  We won't know until launch and then have to make hundreds of threads over the course of 3+ weeks in order to see a patch.  

Message 41 of 50 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

KING_PARKER_TSK wrote:

The whole zeus thing just seems to be a delicate issue that wont be fixed until we find out on the games release. Me personally I JUST DONT USE THE GUY. I do my best to destroy zeus users whenever possible. I hate them with a passion. Until the hades and posiedon drop in march we are stuck with the op sob. We just gonna have to deal.

I figured we wouldn't see a fix until launch, because they seem to be keeping tons of stuff secret in this beta.  

But the thing that sucks is, they could easily have a patch for Zeus now and have him "fixed" but he could still be OP or could even be nerfed too much and be at a huge disadvantage.  We won't know until launch and then have to make hundreds of threads over the course of 3+ weeks in order to see a patch.  

My solution is to buff Ares, if they nerf Zeus' there will be a lot of complaints about it from Zeus' players. I just ask that Ares at some point become what SSM promise, by know he seem like a regular warrior, with no special ability.

Message 42 of 50 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Yeah alacarpa it's hard to decide really... because do they want the game to be played as Ares would or as Zeus would? As in, are most characters like Ares and Zeus would be considered the OP one? Or are most characters like Zeus and Ares is underpowered?

TBH, Zeus does seem like a pretty fun characters but Ares feels really plain.
Message 43 of 50 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
312 posts

Mar 29, 2013
I have no problem stomping Zeus characters on any of the other three allegiances. Magic power is TOO hard to come by, especially in four man FFAs. Playing Zeus means making sacrifices in other areas, which is why I don't play Zeus much.
Message 44 of 50 (135 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Mar 29, 2013
You replied to a 2 1/2 month old comment.
Message 45 of 50 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

Its a good thing Zeus has at least 1 things that kills people. Olympic Judgement and Reckoning Of Zeus are weak as all hell and easy to dodge, unless they happen to hit EXACTLY right. And the Lightning Storm... well more than 10 times i have cast it and it has done no damage, either the guy is up in the air, invulnerable or something else... and 1/4 of the time i DIE when casting it so i would not call that spell exactly reliable. And with players now taking damage when using magic, it makes Olympic Judgement even worse, i wont touch that ever again, Reckoning has its uses if cast right and can lead to some good combos and possibly death.

Zeus is still pretty broken in my mind, the invulnerability frames save people too often in my experience, the Sword of Zeus L1+Triangle more sometimes just sends players back once or twice then they are white, then i shoot some more and they fly back, and turn white again... and then they attack me and i die from 1 combo. L1+Square from Sword of Zeus does not charge the attack as Level 2 indicates, same problem is apparent with other god weapons like Hades Maul etc. Chalice STILL does not work correctly, gives only about 35-40 mana. Zeus' Maul and Lance are absolutely horrible, have not seen anyone use them in a game EVER. Blade of Zeus L1+Triangle was good in the beta but now i have not died to it once, nor have i hit anyone with it with any amount of success.

In my mind playing Zeus requires good timing and reflexes to be successful (maybe this is true to all classes but especially fragile Zeus). Unless youre wearing Level 3 Manticore armor expect Zeus players to die even easier than Hades players, even with Hercules armor. Only thing saving them is 2 of the 3 items. 

Thats all i can think of right now to say about Zeus. Still, i like him more than Ares or Hades, even with all his problems.

Message 46 of 50 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Mar 29, 2013
Yeah, Zeus has poor defenses now, but I guess this post was from beta.

I use Reckoning of Zeus.... And it's good! With Relic of Chance, I can spam it quite often, and one use deals 50% damage. 2 uses kills anyone. The best thing is that I place the balls and get out beating someone else Smiley Tongue

I like Zeus, up until now, but I've maxed it today, so I'll just play to max out the Sword and the War armors...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 47 of 50 (90 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
989 posts

Mar 29, 2013

The only way to blow someone up with the magic is if you gear for straight ele power and the person you hit has 0 ele resist,and if the Zeus player can hit that hard its very easy to kill them if you get ahold of them because to gear for pure power depending on the weapon you chose you have 0 physical resist. I just stared playing with zeus and i do have to say if the person im going against stays on me even with little attacks ive been killed with 1 combo rotation from a ares. But if i can get some space long enough to drop him to half health AND i have the magic to use my ability then I win. It really comes down to skill and a little luck sometimes but i think its pretty balanced i have a 30 hades and ares and im at 22 with zeus and zeus is a glass cannon period u definately get a 1 shot button but its alot of build up for that and if you have your get out of jail free card up and use it during a zeus using magic you have won unless he runs away or has a world weapon.

Also with out the insane burst zeus really wouldnt stand up to well against anyone. Your opponent would HAVE to make mistake for you to come out on top. Zeus toons have little to no phy damage or resist in a match melee vs melee you would have to suck horribly to lose a fight to a zeus. If you really hate Zeus burst you have to gear for ele resist and sacrifce something else. 

Competition? Why yes, I would love some.
Message 48 of 50 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Mar 29, 2013
I've seen a guy once who countered my Zeus by creating his Ares lvl 1 Smiley Tongue

He wasn't a problem, but his team mate, Ares lvl 24, was. I was kicked. Sometimes you win, other you lose. It's part of the game.

Up until know, I haven't found anyone so resistent to my magics. Maybe some Poseidon, but I don't see them that often.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 49 of 50 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Mar 30, 2013

DaJizzle wrote:

I actually tested the strength of a fully deck out Zeus character last night during FFA. His magic alone can completely dominate a match/fight or whatever. His elemental damage rises to 365! We already know what that means for most Ares players.

My load out was this:

All Zeus Armor
Blade of Zeus
Lightning Vortex Magic
Chalice of Ambrosia Item

That scroll thing as the relic (which replenishes 50% of your magic upon death anywhere from 20 - 40 seconds)

I wanted see just how dangerously a fairly decent player could be with just a fully decked out Zeus character. It's amazing how powerful the Lighting Vortex is. This thing has UNGODLY (Lol!) crowd control and does at least 50% damage.

I was running away with the match and all of the other players quit. Zeus' relics, items, and magic are so devastating to the point where you can sacrifice all of your physical strength (which fell to 10).

Every time you use that item, that's another lightning storm. Every time you die, that's ANOTHER lightning storm (or 2). And then, there are the refill fountains.

And trust me, it ain't easy escaping that Lightning Vortex. It has amazing vacuum capabilities. So, if a player jumps into the air in the midst of a crowd, BOOM! all his enemies are dead.

Say your comboing a Zeus player, he uses his item (cause it refills his life and MAGIC) and BOOM! You're likely dead again. Oh, BTW this item has something like a 65 second cooldown - why?

So, every concern or every post that us forumers have Zeus is very legit. Tone this guy down some or turn up Ares. Everytime I use Ares, I'm in a dog fight to claim victory. But with Zeus, I can just lightning storm you to death...even if you have on the armor of Morpheus.

This shouldn't be.

I don't know why everyone is complaining about Zeus players. Yes if maxed out and configured properly, their magic deals a world of hurt, but that sacrifices physical defense to be like that. 2-3 good hits and the players is either dead or flung off the board. And Ares player can destroy a Zeus player if the Zeus player already used their magic and special attacks, and a Poseidon player has such amazing defense that as long as they can evade and counter, they are able to wear down the Zeus players' magic and special attacks, and then go in for the kill. Hades players and just sap a Zeus player's health and recuperate crazy fast.

You guys need to see that every God allegiance has a serious benefits in some ways, but also some major deficits in other ways.

Message 50 of 50 (65 Views)
0 Likes