Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Re: Serious Zeus question.

Jan 11, 2013

Lord-Kratos23 wrote:
Gold is right and the Zeus users have increased as well. The spamming is starting to get to that point but I guess that is what that champion is about so I won't complain.

Like I've said in another post, if Zeus' champs are suposse to be OP with magic, why Ares' champs can't be OP with attack damage? Maybe have magics that are hard to avoid like Zeus but focusing on attack damage(close and personal).

Ares' magic are useless at this game.

Message 11 of 50 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25311 posts

Jan 11, 2013

here is what I have noticed so far. People that are using the magic are finally to the point where they have spent all their XP on maxing it out. youd expect a maxed out magic power to really hurt especially if you have on no armor buffs to deflect it.

i would most certainly appreciate it if each god gave its user an advantage in some area like Ares for Attack and Zues for Magic and Hades for summons and Posideon for whatever.. when people get those areas maxed out they should hit hard unless you have the right armor to defend against it.

ive always been the kind that likes a nice balance of both power and defense and then try to let my skills suppliment in the areas where my stats lack. I am freaking loving this game and cant wait for it to release. Ive even gone mack and played GOW3 to brush up on combos. I tend to have great K/D ratios or when I die alot i make it a point to grab alters and red orbs to help my team. I always want to be an asset to my team instead of the weak link.

I'm here to help. If you have a question feel free to pm me. Idling on IRC is for noobs. Smiley Tongue

Get your Portable ID!
Message 12 of 50 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
787 posts

Jan 11, 2013

There are soooo many Zeus players as off right now Smiley Tongue

I dont know why this is possible either, but if I hold Triangle and toss someone in the air they are able to use there magic while im in mid combo. Which makes no sense!

Message 13 of 50 (250 Views)
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I actually tested the strength of a fully deck out Zeus character last night during FFA. His magic alone can completely dominate a match/fight or whatever. His elemental damage rises to 365! We already know what that means for most Ares players.

My load out was this:

All Zeus Armor
Blade of Zeus
Lightning Vortex Magic
Chalice of Ambrosia Item

That scroll thing as the relic (which replenishes 50% of your magic upon death anywhere from 20 - 40 seconds)

I wanted see just how dangerously a fairly decent player could be with just a fully decked out Zeus character. It's amazing how powerful the Lighting Vortex is. This thing has UNGODLY (Lol!) crowd control and does at least 50% damage.

I was running away with the match and all of the other players quit. Zeus' relics, items, and magic are so devastating to the point where you can sacrifice all of your physical strength (which fell to 10).

Every time you use that item, that's another lightning storm. Every time you die, that's ANOTHER lightning storm (or 2). And then, there are the refill fountains.

And trust me, it ain't easy escaping that Lightning Vortex. It has amazing vacuum capabilities. So, if a player jumps into the air in the midst of a crowd, BOOM! all his enemies are dead.

Say your comboing a Zeus player, he uses his item (cause it refills his life and MAGIC) and BOOM! You're likely dead again. Oh, BTW this item has something like a 65 second cooldown - why?

So, every concern or every post that us forumers have Zeus is very legit. Tone this guy down some or turn up Ares. Everytime I use Ares, I'm in a dog fight to claim victory. But with Zeus, I can just lightning storm you to death...even if you have on the armor of Morpheus.

This shouldn't be.

Message 14 of 50 (245 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 11, 2013

DaJizzle wrote:

I actually tested the strength of a fully deck out Zeus character last night during FFA. His magic alone can completely dominate a match/fight or whatever. His elemental damage rises to 365! We already know what that means for most Ares players.

My load out was this:

All Zeus Armor
Blade of Zeus
Lightning Vortex Magic
Chalice of Ambrosia Item

That scroll thing as the relic (which replenishes 50% of your magic upon death anywhere from 20 - 40 seconds)

I wanted see just how dangerously a fairly decent player could be with just a fully decked out Zeus character. It's amazing how powerful the Lighting Vortex is. This thing has UNGODLY (Lol!) crowd control and does at least 50% damage.

I was running away with the match and all of the other players quit. Zeus' relics, items, and magic are so devastating to the point where you can sacrifice all of your physical strength (which fell to 10).

Every time you use that item, that's another lightning storm. Every time you die, that's ANOTHER lightning storm (or 2). And then, there are the refill fountains.

And trust me, it ain't easy escaping that Lightning Vortex. It has amazing vacuum capabilities. So, if a player jumps into the air in the midst of a crowd, BOOM! all his enemies are dead.

Say your comboing a Zeus player, he uses his item (cause it refills his life and MAGIC) and BOOM! You're likely dead again. Oh, BTW this item has something like a 65 second cooldown - why?

So, every concern or every post that us forumers have Zeus is very legit. Tone this guy down some or turn up Ares. Everytime I use Ares, I'm in a dog fight to claim victory. But with Zeus, I can just lightning storm you to death...even if you have on the armor of Morpheus.

This shouldn't be.

By the time, Ares champs are nothing like SSM describe him... While Zeus champs at the other hand are what they promise and more...

So unfair.

Also i don't think Zeus should be tone down, Ares needs urgenly a tone up.

Message 15 of 50 (234 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Jan 11, 2013

alacarpa wrote:

DaJizzle wrote:

My load out was this:

All Zeus Armor
Blade of Zeus
Lightning Vortex Magic
Chalice of Ambrosia Item

This shouldn't be.

By the time, Ares champs are nothing like SSM describe him... While Zeus champs at the other hand are what they promise and more...

So unfair.

Yes......but tanking is apparently Poseidon's job so we need **bleep** players to counter Zeus....also full Zeus armor and BoZ is 420 at level 3 max so you must not have them maxed.....too bad I'm going Hades, DAT PURPLE FLAME!

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 16 of 50 (231 Views)
Wastelander
739 posts

Jan 11, 2013

SovereignSky wrote:

alacarpa wrote:

DaJizzle wrote:

My load out was this:

All Zeus Armor
Blade of Zeus
Lightning Vortex Magic
Chalice of Ambrosia Item

This shouldn't be.

So unfair.

Yes......but tanking is apparently Poseidon's job so we need **bleep** players to counter Zeus....also full Zeus armor and BoZ is 420 at level 3 max so you must not have them maxed.....too bad I'm going Hades, DAT PURPLE FLAME!

No. The BoZ wasn't maxed. Which just goes to show that Zeus players are LITERALLY magicians and nearly impossible to stop if you encounter a player with some skill.

@alacarpa I all for toning up Ares. Not many are afraid of a physical fight with Ares players, but everyone is careful of Zeus players magic spamming.

Message 17 of 50 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

So, did they buff the lightning vortex?  Because this goddamn spell is nigh inescapable...vaccuum effect seems to  be stronger, and it's like an instant 50% damage thing now... really, really ridiculous.  

I'm sick of people spamming 50% damage magic.  It's getting out of hand.   The players who know how to abuse just abuse and abuse and abuse.  One guy sat at bottom fountain as Zeus and would trap people in the spike trap and then fling them in with L1 square of the glad hammer... then knock people off the map with L1 + triangle and R1... then if any good players came by SPAM DAT MAGIC BABY.  

Zeus should have roughly the same damage in magic as Ares...just a bit more with more chances to get it really and being just as avoidable as Ares magic.  

As it stands, it's ridiculous.  You can have melee proficient Zeus characters who build up MP only to lay down the law when crap hits the fan.  It's ridiculous...they put up a huge fight melee wise against Ares then "oh hey I'm just going to use this magic attack 3 times in a row if that's ok with you."  

LOL, I totally agree. However, I have been getting hit less and less by the vortex, mainly because the players I have played against did not have it fully upgraded. Still, if a player uses an attack, and a Zeus player counters with a fully upgraded vortex, then there is no escape. Plus, it starts off looking like a the Zeus player is going to jump, which is very misleading. On top of that, it can be comboed after.

The magic cone and mine are WWAAYY more dangerous. There is no escape against the mine, and it stays on the field for a long time allowing the Zeus player more room to draw the player in. The electric cone move is also broken. Just use it near a ledge, and it is an easy out. You do not even have to be close. I was in a match where this player kept spamming that near the ledge. I managed to dodge at first, but he had it fully upgraded, and as soon as I recovered, I was still caught in it.

Ares magic is useless because it is inconsistent. I love the fire punch, yet it rarely launches, and the second mine can be avoided as simply as blocking or dodging(which makes no sense). There are numerous times when I use it, the person gets thrown back(but cannot be grabbed), then the mine goes off, but they managed to block it. The explosive mine should go off after 4 seconds, since by the time they land on the ground, the mine would have already gone off.

Message 18 of 50 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 11, 2013

AJL0490 wrote:

Other than avoiding it you can try switchin one piece of your armour to elemental resist and just get used to dodging and parrying because it does work trust me i constantly switch between ares and zeus it works bro it truly does i been playin for awhile and noticed alotta complaints about zeus playes because they use their powers alot but thats why zeus is awesome because of the power boost see ehat im saying? Otherwise if you can make a fairly balanced ares warrior with lets say an ares warrior with one piece of amour wit e defense u can beat him down with aattack power it you can attack once wit fast attack then hit with hold circle attack his health is over half gone plus you got  l1 square or triangle plus grapple is he runs you can own and turn the tide but i gotta say ares fighters must be more tactical than zeus fighters Smiley Happy the only balance is skill just learn the moves of each god warrior then u r setSmiley Happy

then you do not understand the concept of balance. Something is unbalanced when there are a plethora of advantages over other players. Zeus has so many advantages that it is funny. Anything Ares can do he can do as well, but an Ares player can NEVER play like a Zeus player. At the highest level of play, Skilled players will ALWAYS find a way to overcome imbalances or abuses, even if the game let you choose between playing as a satyr or as Kratos. That still should not deter away from the glaring imbalances that are there. I hate that defense so much, becaue it is so flawed. It automatically takes the attention away from  spammers and abusers, and somehow makes complainers worse. When left unchecked, you have imblanaces like those present in Playstation all stars, or how the Mishma relatives in TEKKEN are akin to Gods.

Message 19 of 50 (219 Views)
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

I tested your mine claim by attempting to block one, but it didn't work. Was only once, but apparently it can still hit.

Message 20 of 50 (216 Views)
0 Likes