Uncharted Territory
1927 posts

Re: GOW Ascension Saturday Smackdown (Community Game Night)

Apr 10, 2013

lol nice vid

Message 121 of 147 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

Spider-Jew wrote:

sNsReal wrote:
boring video, sory

Noted. Could you explain what was boring about it, maybe offer some input on what you would like to see added so it is less boring? 

The mix with all stars was ok, but the hole video was so fragmented and showing poor skill of the players on screen that i got bored, nothing "special" showed, for example, a good fight from 100 to 0 with flawless skill (not magic or item used) would been cool, then mix it with another of the same kind in all stars.

Every transition effect was a fade, a well placed cut will do best than a simple fade (i know you need the footage to do this right, and is not so easy).

If you take, for example, a cinematographic movie you would notice that they dont use fade too much, but they do the right cut in the right time (of course they have a lot of time to edit the movie and that they have a lot of scenes to pick up from)

My english is not good enogh to express the things correctly, i apologize for that (don take this as a not constructive post plz, its just my english being bad)

Another thing missing from the video is well settuped traps/ambushes to the other team.

and last of all, the guy in the PiP, he is fun, but not allways, and he chat too much XD

Edit: Why did you totally mute the music from the begining? the start of the video is pretty cool and well timed cuts (thats what i like the most)

and im more intrested in the process of the brutal kill than the brutal kill itself, its like it misses something (we already know the brutals, but the cool thing is how do you get to that brutal).

TL:TR i didnt like it as a hole, just my opinion

Message 122 of 147 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
731 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Thanks for the feedback, I really do appreciate it! I will for sure look into picking out the best skilled moments. We just have members of the community join us, and the point of the video is to show off some parts of the stream, but the big thing is for people to actually watch the stream, then they can see all of the great moments. But yes, sometimes nothing particularly awesome happens, but I am still going to do a highlight video from various moments fo the stream, since it is a recap. Ya, I can show more of the events leading to a brutal kill, I just try to find shorter clips. If you do want to see all the vents leading up to the kills, be sure to check out the stream every Saturday, then you don't have to miss anything Smiley Happy

As far as the transitions, I had started making the videos like that, so i was just trying to keep it the same, for consistency. Plus, I clearly, am not a video editor. Everything I have done, I have figured out how to do on my own LOL. I also use fade, because I am showing clips from an over 4 hour stream, so to me, the fade is showing the time is passing, since I am progressing through the whole stream (if that makes sense). 

Apologies for me not always being fun, LOL. I talk too much because I am live streaming the game. I would guess that people would get super bored watching me play a game if I am not saying anything LOL. But maybe I am wrong and should just omit myself from the video. Guess that is something the viewers can vote on.

Message 123 of 147 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Apr 10, 2013
@Radio

My PS3 Froze 1 Second After The Victory Of The Match -_-

I Apologize For It Radio .

This Sat. I Can't Play Since I'm Going To Visit My University .

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 124 of 147 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Re: Saturday Smackdown (Community Game Night)

Apr 10, 2013
Sadly i cant. Im in gmt-3 timezone. Is the full stream somewhere so i can download? I truly want to see the full stream. Is like a foot ball game xD
Message 125 of 147 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
731 posts

Apr 10, 2013

You can check it out on our twitch page twitch.tv/radioplaystation I am not sure if all the old episodes are on there, but I kn ow the most recent one is there.

Message 126 of 147 (118 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 11, 2013
This sounds like fun
Message 127 of 147 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3054 posts

Apr 11, 2013

barbato25 wrote:
This sounds like fun

Looks like fun, too. ^_^

Message 128 of 147 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Apr 11, 2013
@spyder
Thank you so much!!!!
Message 129 of 147 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 11, 2013

I want to play. I would love too

PSN is  Woman Very Happy DaniiGurl

Message 130 of 147 (94 Views)
0 Likes