Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 09 2013
By: Spider-Jew PlayStation MVP 681 posts

Saturday Smackdown (Community Game Night)

[ Edited ]
146 replies 2461 views Edited Jul 12, 2013

SatSmac Banner 3.png

Hello fellow gamers,

I wanted to take some time to let you all know about a weekly gamestream going on each Saturday, called Saturday Smackdown. This stream can be viewed live on my Twitch Channel. Or, you can check it out over at my site, Radio PlayStation, about all things PlayStation. We have other weekly shows and other randomness there for your viewing pleasure.

I really enjoy fighting games, no matter how many times AkilleezMight or someone else just brutally destroys me. and wanted to dedicate a night each week to playing matches with other gamers, streaming it for people that don't yet have the games, and just creating a community game night for all of us. These community matches are for everyone; You don't have to be competitive to join us and have a fun time.

We also have prizes from time to time that we might give away to Twitch subscribers or to participants in the matches. If we have a prize planned, we will be sure to announce it ahead of time. Sometimes, though, it might just randomly happen!

• Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC is not responsible for this promotion.

How To Participate:

• Reply Here. I will check the thread periodically to add people to our friend's list.
  • Message us on PSN (RadioPS_LIVE). Our friend's list is usually full, so messages work best.
  • Hang out in the stream chat. Tell me your PSN and I can add you while you watch the stream. 

If you have a game you want played on the stream, LET US KNOW. Here are a couple upcoming shows:

7/13:

God of War Ascension: Bout of Honor mode!

(Viewers' choice)

7/20:

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

(Viewers' Choice)

Message 1 of 147 (2,461 Views)
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Re: GOW Ascension Saturday Smackdown

Mar 9, 2013

I'd love to play. My psn is TheOpposer.

Message 2 of 147 (2,427 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Re: GOW Ascension Saturday Smackdown (Community Game Night)

Mar 9, 2013

I Also Want In Too .Lol

Question: Are The Modes Going To Be Random ? As In This Match TFoTG And In The Others CTF Or FoTG's .

Thnx For Any Additional Info m8 : ) 

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 3 of 147 (2,392 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
681 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Cool, I will be sure to add you guys before the 16th.

Good question! Well, I am cool with what the majority of the people prefer. We could maybe do each stream a different mode, or just switch between the modes throughout the stream. I would probably want to switch up the modes throughout the stream, in case we are doing terrible at CFT, we can just switch and start playing a different mode or something LOL

Message 4 of 147 (2,382 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Mar 9, 2013
Are these custom matches? Or are you inviting people to your lobby to play some public matches?
Message 5 of 147 (2,379 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Count me in!! ^.^ PSN CounterSnipe66 would be privileged to joins you!!

Message 6 of 147 (2,369 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Mar 9, 2013

I'd be willing, drop me a line or add me...

Message 7 of 147 (2,367 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
681 posts

Mar 9, 2013

The plan is to do some custom matches, where I will just invite everyone and we can play together. We might do some Public matches, as well. But I would want to make sure that everyone that is interested in playing has a chance, before we go to public matches, since whoever we join will take up room. If that makes sense lol.

Message 8 of 147 (2,359 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Mar 9, 2013
Would like to join. PSN TheBurningAce

Message 9 of 147 (2,340 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1958 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Spider-Jew wrote:

GoW SatSmack Logo.png

Hello fellow gamers,

I wanted to take some time to let you all know about a weekly gamestream going on each Saturday, called Saturday Smackdown. This stream can be viewed live on my Twitch Channel. Or, you can check it out over at my site, Radio PlayStation, about all things PlayStation. We have other weekly shows and other randomness there for your viewing pleasure.

Since All-Stars was released, each Saturday has been a community game night for that game. But now, with the release of God of War Ascension, we will be expanding this game night to include Ascension Multiplayer! March 16th will be our first Ascension Saturday Smackdown (oh man, just noticed the acronym for that...oops) and we hope to see you all there!

I really enjoy the game and wanted to dedicate a community game night to playing matches with other gamers, streaming it for people that don't yet have the game, and just creating a fun time for all of us that love the game. 

Saturday Smackdown is streamed every Saturday, from 5PM PST to 8PM PST. We will probably switch every of week, either playing GOW or All-Stars. If you are interested in playing a few matches during the stream, send us a PSN message (RadioPS_LIVE) or reply here to let me know. Throughout the stream, I will be adding people and inviting them to matches. Our Saturday Smackdowns for All-Stars has been great, and I hope to continue this with God of War Ascension. Also, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them here, as well. I never know if what I write ends up being confusing to some.

GOWbannertemplate2.png

How bout....

I just smack you around and we call it a day?! lol.

I've always missed out on the All-stars ones, I'll DEFO jump in on this action when I can my main man. 

http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/

Twitter: @TryceUp

EOR

USN 04-08
Message 10 of 147 (2,243 Views)
0 Likes