Apr 23 2013
By: SirCrush Wastelander 869 posts
Accepted Solution

SSM Server Side Changes?

[ Edited ]
6 replies 140 views Edited Apr 23, 2013

I am curious...all day today I have been in MANY matches where a guy I am attacking will freeze for a split second or even a full second or more. Not Poseidon freeze, like he stops moving completely. During that time I attack him and once he starts moving again, the animation for what my attacks are doing to him seem to "catch up" and the combo I did actually counts, damage and all.

My question is: Is anyone else noticing this too? Is this new? I recently made some modifcations to my internet so it might just be that has made the game play a bit different. But I DO like how this means I can finish my combo instead of seeing a guy who is clearly lagged flash into invincibility, thus interrupting a combo that should otherwise land. Again, is this new for anyone else?

This could be a Sony server side adjustment that they made, though, and I am optimistic about where this is headed, if so. Or it could just be that my port forwarding has sped my connection to a point where the game has changed once again for me Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 7 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2327 posts

Re: SSM Server Side Changes?

Apr 23, 2013

Character lock ups have been going on for weeks now, and Bog of the Forgotten and Daedalus are rampant with issues. I wouldn't doubt some people use lag switches when playing this game which just makes things even worse.

Message 2 of 7 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 23, 2013

Yeah it LOOKS like lagswitching but without the benefits of it for them.

Alot of games feel like there's lagswitchers. Idunno, so hard to tell in games sometimes.

Message 3 of 7 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2327 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 23, 2013

By the way, I encountered your possessed Daedalus traps earlier last night. There was a lever in the forward position with no one there and it kept blowing out for at least 3o seconds.

Oh wait, I think it was DaBeast who was encountering that.

Message 4 of 7 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Apr 23, 2013
the network issues is still there for me ._.
Message 5 of 7 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Apr 23, 2013

same here

Message 6 of 7 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 23, 2013

If players are actually freezing/pausing it's either their connection latency is high or yours to the host. It's nothing server side going on since in GOW there isn't anything server side to do with ingame play regarding Sony's servers.

The only thing the PSN is doing in relation to GOW is some match-making stuff and stat tracking back to SMS servers...

Message 7 of 7 (73 Views)
0 Likes