Mar 08 2013
By: carnifex49 Hekseville Citizen 253 posts

SSM: Any chance of the multiplayer demo?

[ Edited ]
5 replies 111 views Edited Mar 8, 2013

I like what ND and GG did with the free Uncharted 3 and KZ3 multiplayer demos. It helped expose the games to those who weren't that familiar with it or were unsure of getting the game without testing what's in store.

Perhaps one where people can raise their Champions to level 10? Something that can give them a taste of the action while hiding enough to make them want more.

I feel that this may remedy the awful opinions of certain reviewers that the multiplayer seems "unoriginal" or "tacked on". I think it'd be better if the players can try out the multiplayer for themselves rather than trust rash judgements.

Message 1 of 6 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Re: SSM: Any chance of the multiplayer demo?

Mar 8, 2013

So add a demo that allows them to get up to level 10, then they can't access game modes anymore? I like it. Maybe a few levels lower, since it would be free and their points would count (ID's would be up on the server). But doesn't this game have an online pass? 

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 2 of 6 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Mar 8, 2013

This Is Just Going To Tease 'Em And Make 'Em Buy It As Soon As They Reach The "Free" Level Cap, Ingenious !

Just Playing The Beta Made Me A Supporter Of The MP, Before I Was Like WhatEv .Laughs

+1 Kudos m8 .

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 3 of 6 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2013

@ div4d Yeah I think what happens after level 10 is up to SSM. In Uncharted 3 you could still play after the level cap but couldn't earn anymore exp. On the other hand in KIllzone 3 reaching the level cap meant no more playing until you bought the game.

And yeah maybe level 10 seems a bit much, perhaps 5?

As for the online pass, I believe it should just activate the full multiplayer after they purchased the full game.

@stripesmarine Thanks for the support mate!

Message 4 of 6 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Mar 8, 2013

carnifex49 wrote:
@ div4d Yeah I think what happens after level 10 is up to SSM. In Uncharted 3 you could still play after the level cap but couldn't earn anymore exp. On the other hand in KIllzone 3 reaching the level cap meant no more playing until you bought the game.

And yeah maybe level 10 seems a bit much, perhaps 5?

@stripesmarine Thanks for the support mate!

Yeah, 5 sounds better. It's good though, like you said. It'll allow people to come to a final decision of whether to buy it or not. Plus, it's convenient as **bleep**.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 5 of 6 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Mar 8, 2013

Maybe SSM Has It Planned Later For After 1 Year It Was Released ?

ND Waited A Year And 3 Months To Do It For UC3 .

Sony Spent A Lot Of Money On The GoW MP And It Would Make 'Em Profitable In The Long Run If They Reached Out To Semi-Casuals And Non-Interested By Offering The "Free" MP Trial .

Anyway They Do It Is Going To Benefit The Franchise . 

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 6 of 6 (80 Views)