Apr 20 2013
By: Wildfire_08 Lombax Warrior 172 posts

Runners - Cowardly Gameplay

24 replies 419 views Edited Apr 20, 2013

Traded this average game back in due to the number of sheer cowards on this game who refuse to honour a fair 1 vs 1 encounter by running away for health all the time when theyre beat, or running until they find a teammate and double teaming. 

For me and a lot of others i know it has ruined the online gameplay, and frankly theres not enough measures in to stop it yet, no penalties imposed for cowaring from combat? I mean really... SMH. 

Rant over, **bleep** all running cowards.

Message 1 of 25 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Re: Runners - Cowardly Gameplay

Apr 20, 2013

There are ways to catch them. If thay are sprinting, you can grapple them. True, if they hit you with a stagger they will be too far away to grab but you can always give chase and hope that they make a bad corner that slows them down. Just watch for the wait-grapple lol

It's how you stay alive. You gotta take it into context. Generally, when they are running, they are not getting objectives or kills which opens up your team to score while they are a man down. It's true that they can run until they get health and recharge specials which is a reason I wouldn't mind sweeing cooldowns slowed down a bit across the board, but if you beat them once you should be able to beat them again, right? ANd chances are your cooldowns will take about the same amount of time so you'll be on even ground again.

Running away is something you have to do to survive sometimes. It's part of the game. THis isn't a shooter where a few bullets means death. Sounds to me like you're taking a shooter mentality into a completely different kind of game.

Yes, I run too, if I have to. Try fighting alongside a team mate. It's next to impossible to escape 2 people. If you're talking about Match of Champions, don't worry about it too much there either. Running hurts their score there too. Or just let it go. The matches are around 8-10 minutes long. Plenty of time to make good on the missed opportunities.

Sorry you traded your game in. Forgive me if I sound like a jerk but maybe this wasn't a game for you anyways. Your loss imo.

Message 2 of 25 (406 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Apr 20, 2013

I quickly realised it wasnt the game for me, its too frustrating online against those types of players i would of ended up breaking yet another PS3. 

I dont mind the ones who run from a crowd, thats fair enough, but im talking about specific scenarios, when they follow you, maybe while you`re capturing, and challenge you 1 vs 1, lose and run away to come back with either full health or an army, its beyond annoying.

GTA 5 is only around the corner anyway and it will no doubt be the best game ever created, so GoW is easily forgettable imo.

Message 3 of 25 (400 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Apr 20, 2013

I completely understand your sentiment. It has angered me on many a battle when I have the upper hand, due to more effective combat, and watch my "opponent" get a quick hit and imediately run out of graple range, reach health, and kill me with their friend. The only situations that are more frustrating are rage quiters and Zeus spammers. As for the topic at hand, it would be dificult for Sony to distinguish between those who are running from a disadvantage 2v1 to accuire health and re-engaging their previous combatents from those who run at the drop of a hat. I agree those who constantly flee should receive some form of negative feedback, but I do not know what would be an effective and fair consequence, nor how it would be implemented. 

Message 4 of 25 (395 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Apr 21, 2013

Want to know what's more annoying than runners? Try fighting a team where everyone and their mothers uses jump slicing -_-.  First time i've been so frustrated and rage quit the game -_-.

Message 5 of 25 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Apr 21, 2013
Same types of players in every multiplayer. I like it peresonally becausenit just diversifies the gameplay and you can grapple them when they run
Message 6 of 25 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Apr 21, 2013
Running is a legit strategy in SOME situations (ie activation of rage mode, activation of Zeus unblockable sword, any demigod transformation) you will get obliterated no matter what you do in most of these cases. I understand frustration you having tho. Trust me we all feel ya.
Message 7 of 25 (326 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Apr 21, 2013

Wildfire_08 wrote:....... so GoW is easily forgettable imo.

Says the guy posting in a forum for game he doesnt even own anymore Smiley Wink

When somone runs from me I take it as a compliment, doesnt anger me one bit. 

Nothing in game ever gets me to the point of breaking a $50+ controller.  Personnaly I have never understood people who rage that hard. 

Message 8 of 25 (318 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Apr 21, 2013

One of those giddy moments when playing this game is when they activate rage mode and you kill them. I know i RAGE when that happens to me.

Message 9 of 25 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 21, 2013

I'd actually kind of prefer no health fountains at all.  You either get some team healing, earn it with a weapon or item or you do the best you can with what you've got left. 

All I see are runners and despite being in grapple range, seeing the halo, it rarely ever lets me grapple them properly (since my screen says they're in range, but thanks to the wonder of lag, they aren't actually in range).  

I just got out of a particularly bad 4v4 Team Favor where the guys were absolute garbage in combat, but you couldn't hit them properly, couldn't grapple them properly (one guy just evaded constantly, holding down the stick, and with two of us there we STILL couldn't get a grapple on him).   They blocked unblockable attacks, they ignored and cut through our attacks to hit us, I'd use my item and I'd hear the audio cue, but then it wouldn't show up and didn't continue.  Sometimes this consumed a use, sometimes it didn't.

Meanwhile, I'm watching my line test, see if my latency is spiking, some other connection issues, and of course nothing's wrong.  Oh, and the 4 were the type that run their mouths constantly after a match and talk about how good they are.  Yeah ... everyone is good when you get to ignore everything the other team does.  I'm getting to the point where I'm not sure how much longer I want to keep dealing with this garbage.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 10 of 25 (299 Views)
0 Likes