Jan 05 2013
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 10160 posts

Ring outs are stupid.

13 replies 203 views Edited Jan 5, 2013

In fact, all map hazards are just dumb.  

My enemies can knock me off the map so goddamn easily, even if there's obstacles in my way.  Just fought someone who I was comboing, in the middle of my combo they just dodge and kick me and I go flying off the map.  But no, when I'm smacking them near a ledge they just bounce along the wall.  

Then there's the flame traps, why the hell if you get knicked by them just a tiny bit does your character DECIDE TO GO BACK INTO THE TRAP.  I'll move away but then he's like "OH MY GOD I'M ON FIRE, TO PUT IT OUT I SHOULD GO BACK TO WHERE THERE'S MORE FIRE"  

Spike walls take out 50% health, so does kicking someone against the wall and grabbing them.. which is ridiculous but not only that, that's one of the things that I never am capable of doing either.  

Just get rid of ring outs.  My god this is so unbalanced.  

Message 1 of 14 (203 Views)
Splicer
73 posts

Re: Ring outs are stupid.

Jan 5, 2013

http://i.qkme.me/5eye.jpg

ↅoD Ω W⋏R: ASCENSION BETA!

PSN Gamercards
Message 2 of 14 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 5, 2013
I like the hazards. they add a level of stratergy to the game. However, they are poorly acted out. I was just in a match, where my own spike trap went off and killed me, even though there was noone around me. Amazingly enough, I watched an enemy literally traverse over my own spike track for at least 5 secs, yet it never went off. Funny enough, in the middle of my brutal kill, I slammed my opponent RIGHT on the very edge of spike trap perimater, and it killed me the instant he touched it. -_- In fact, in the 2 hours I was playing today, my own traps went off at least 3 times completely unprovoked, with a giant suicde reseulting. The craziest part is that this ALWAYS hapens when I am on a killstreak.

The ring outs are actually not that bad. It does get anoying in favor of the Gods, when the hazard knocks you out the ring though. I like having the option to knock ppl out, but, yet again, it is poorly acted out. There are times when you can combo a person into the knockout zone, yet they will not get knocked out. There are also times when I actually kick the person right near the ledge....but instead they fall off to the side instead of off the ledge. -_-

As with the grapples, hit detection, and combos, the traps and ringoouts need to be more consistent and properly coded, or else the mp will turn into a game based more on luck that the game wants to play nice, than skill.

Message 3 of 14 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 5, 2013
It's all terrible, this wasn't a thread about discussing what you like or dislike it's all stupid and works like a s s.
Message 4 of 14 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:
It's all terrible, this wasn't a thread about discussing what you like or dislike it's all stupid and works like a s s.

not really, they do work, just needs some improvements on being consistent. They add more stratergy to the game oher than dodge, dodge, dodge, Athena sword combo.

Message 5 of 14 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 5, 2013
well it's consistent on me, trust me. Just breathe on me in a match and I'll go flying 100 miles in the opposite direction. Unless you're blowing towards where a map ends THEN that's the only time I fly in the normal path.
Message 6 of 14 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jan 5, 2013
You can always dodge.., dodge while blocking
Message 7 of 14 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 5, 2013

yeah, whenever I get someone near the ledge, they spam the crap out of the dodge stick, and avoid it. The i-frames do wonders from that postion.

Message 8 of 14 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 5, 2013

RodolfoManzur wrote:

Dodge doesn't help some of the crap I've been through...and I have a strategy to avoid the 25% grapple...I evade then walk a bit but I get hit by the grapple even if I'm completely done rolling.  

Message 9 of 14 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

RodolfoManzur wrote:

Dodge doesn't help some of the crap I've been through...and I have a strategy to avoid the 25% grapple...I evade then walk a bit but I get hit by the grapple even if I'm completely done rolling.  

that happens to me a lot. I get grabbed after I dodged like 2 secs ago. Its annoying, because I spamm R1 when the halo appears, yet it does not register. 50% of my deaths have been from dodge spammers who abuse dodging AND the lag to dodge 3-4 times, and while the grapple does not register, they use a combo. What really pisses me off is that dodge is not even effective UNLESS you spamm the hell out of it. I tried dodging at the moment a heavy attack is about to land, and I still get hit by the side of it. I tried dodging when I am near the ledge, but I still get kicked off. Its funny how its only use is for ppl to dodge attacks and escape damage during lag, making their K/D ratio high.

Message 10 of 14 (153 Views)
0 Likes