Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Re: Replace "jump slicing"...

Apr 13, 2013
I wouldn't mind if they changed the jump slice to a heavy slam attack but I also don't care if they don't, there are way more pressing glitches in the game at the monent, unfortunately.. Also.. If all the weapons have a heavy slam there isn't much diversity. I don't disagree with you Thanatos.. But I don't think it would make much of a difference in the game balance either way at the moment either. So eh.. There's my 2 cents for what it is worth
Message 61 of 98 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Apr 13, 2013

Jump slicing isn't so much threatening.

Unless if I confront a certain player who is very "pro" at that move, then... C'mon at me, dearly sis!

Message 62 of 98 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1927 posts

Apr 13, 2013

lol cause uu cant dodge or parry u wnt it away lol dnt hink so m8

Message 63 of 98 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Apr 13, 2013

the problem is that the idea behind the gameplay was a rock, paper, scissors system but they bleeped that up.

it only works if all actions are equally useful or punishable if missed.  but it s not like that, some actions are just easier and safer to do than others, the jump slicing is one of the easier ones. it s basically the noob-tube of GoW:A Cat Tongue

Message 64 of 98 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Apr 14, 2013

nico-chirry_no1 wrote:

lol cause uu cant dodge or parry u wnt it away lol dnt hink so m8

"lol because you can't dodge or parry you want it away lol don't think so..." Wait what's "m8"?

Hmm

Message 65 of 98 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Nope you guys you have spears and magic I have my lovely jump slicing !

god_of_warsig_SnipeElite1.jpg

Message 66 of 98 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Apr 14, 2013

I use to think that that move wasnt that threatning but it's beginning to be a real issue : granted the move can be blocked and parried but that is pretty much useless against someone who is a pro with that move. By that i mean it's easy to deal with someone who spams it (just parry and punish) but there are guys , more skilled who incorporated mix-ups to that like jumping in yo face without doing anything waiting for you to parry a jump slice (which will not come) and punish you. thats one thing but there are other adavnced tech with cerberus blade for example... I won't list all the tech you can do with it (too long already) but long story short : that move is crazy fast, can be used in mix-ups, an causes a ground bounce leading to full combos... no other weapon has that good of a move so yeah it need to be patched. 

Message 67 of 98 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1927 posts

Apr 14, 2013

its scottish for freind , pal lol

Message 68 of 98 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 14, 2013

I don't see anything wrong with Thanatos' suggestion.  It gets rid of a rather lame, easy to initiate move and somewhat limits the ability of a team stunlock being pulled on you.  

Then again, my view on combos is pretty extreme.  I've said in other threads I think the max you should be able to chain together is 3 or 4 attacks.  Remove the juggling or at least bouncing everywhere.  Get rid of the jump-slicing or alter it a bit with the heavy triangle mentioned.  Maybe reduce parry cooldown or make it more responsive while under attack.

You adjust those things and we can start getting into some actual combat rather than trying to execute a set drill of button presses that are almost guaranteed kills (or in some cases are 100% guaranteed).

I, too, am tired of all the shielding, but that's another topic.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 69 of 98 (243 Views)
Splicer
58 posts

Apr 14, 2013

It can be blocked or parried, therefore deal with it. I have to deal with magic spammers, bouncing combos, high cooldown and posiedon jesus poses so you guys can deal with jump slice spammers. Magic or spears can counter plus you can physically block or parry so I wont accept this as a geniune balance issue.

god_of_warsig_SnipeElite1.jpg

Message 70 of 98 (236 Views)
0 Likes