Sackboy
403 posts

Re: Relic of Resiliance

Jun 13, 2013

SYNK-WARRIOR wrote:

Are you sure dont grapples count as Phys attacks so Ares have stronger and Poseidong resits? I have no Idea please tell me but I noticed varying amounts of damage taken from grapples could rthis be due to differences in health?

Purely to do with the amount of health players have. A Zeus wearing full Chimeran armour at Rank 1 who gets grappled against a wall will take 65-70% health. Where as a Poseidon wearing Battle armour will lose barely any.

photo Posiedon2.jpg
Message 21 of 53 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jun 13, 2013

In my opinion, Poseidon for itself needs a nerf.

In all ways, he's too OP compared to the other allegiances. He was meant to be weak in combat power, but the fact is: a player who has mastered his combos, can kill any other allegiance with just 1 combo and endure enough to recover his HP through Relic of Resiliance.

Message 22 of 53 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jun 13, 2013

I was thinking in post a meme por reply the grapple comment but i want to keep the topic clean and be respectfull to everyone.

One does not simple to grapple a player, specially those players who love jump blocking waiting the perfect time to miss your parry and starts the jump slice attack. The rest you will see is your hp going down and his hp going up. I insist taking the example of jump slice because there are few players using a hammer or a spear.

Before the "Ascencion", the magic could be a solution to beat the relic and kill a poseidon but right now is useless (talking about those poseidons who already reach level 31 and already level up their armor) . Now, you cannot make him physical damage or element.

Relic of Determination is not the solution or a way to counter the Relic of Resilianse. There are still some players who dont wait until the relic start working to fight (i am one of them, without brag about nothing).

As a side note: Now what is worse at this moment of the game is confronting a Poseidon using the Hammer of Hephaestus and relic of resiliance. Holy cow, that was so freaking annoy. Some poseidons run while i was getting fried by a simple square charge and some others spam the L1 specials. Now poseidon players found a way to have HP+PR+ER+CD. Where is your god now?

Message 23 of 53 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Jun 13, 2013

This thread is funny. First of all, Grenix IS right! PR doesnt do sh!t against grapples.  Second, I dont remember who said it in one of the previous pages, but the counter to resilience is quite simple. BURST DAMAGE. Save your cooldowns for when he gets low and then problem solved, in addition, Ares and Hades can decimate that relic. Third, I dont know why Zues players are even speaking in this thread....thats kinda funny...Fourth, Poseidon is a **bleep** TANK, he should have had ER in the first place, in my opinion SMS is just fixing him to be the way he should have from the launch of this game.

photo Finalwaremblems1_zps4e7b1825.jpg
Message 24 of 53 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Yep burst dmg-- and god help ME if they nerf poseidon-- I've played him since launch day and i'm .8 K/D ratio because I choose to heal instead of kill -- I wish we got some sort of *achievement* or whatever for healing someone from brutal state etc that would give good exp--.. I pull more people out of brutal with my hammer than I do with a grapple-- and I get **bleep** for it

Message 25 of 53 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Jun 13, 2013

MaximoDecimo10 wrote:

I was thinking in post a meme por reply the grapple comment but i want to keep the topic clean and be respectfull to everyone.

One does not simple to grapple a player, specially those players who love jump blocking waiting the perfect time to miss your parry and starts the jump slice attack. The rest you will see is your hp going down and his hp going up. I insist taking the example of jump slice because there are few players using a hammer or a spear.

Before the "Ascencion", the magic could be a solution to beat the relic and kill a poseidon but right now is useless (talking about those poseidons who already reach level 31 and already level up their armor) . Now, you cannot make him physical damage or element.

Relic of Determination is not the solution or a way to counter the Relic of Resilianse. There are still some players who dont wait until the relic start working to fight (i am one of them, without brag about nothing).

As a side note: Now what is worse at this moment of the game is confronting a Poseidon using the Hammer of Hephaestus and relic of resiliance. Holy cow, that was so freaking annoy. Some poseidons run while i was getting fried by a simple square charge and some others spam the L1 specials. Now poseidon players found a way to have HP+PR+ER+CD. Where is your god now?

Im sorry, but if you can't counter a Poseidon while using Ares then perhaps you just need to practice more. It really isnt that difficult.

photo Finalwaremblems1_zps4e7b1825.jpg
Message 26 of 53 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jun 13, 2013
So you think the solution is burn? OK. Poseidon can block flame aura by the way. In a 1 vs 1 fight, i use all my L1 attacks to let poseidon low hp. I think all of us need to use them, and dont like to use jump slice as attack, i hate it.

Now tell me what you are going to do using an Hades or Zeus without magic? Sorry sir, is the pure true, is not quiet easy even for a good player beat a poseidon.
Message 27 of 53 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11781 posts

Jun 13, 2013

I really do have to laugh at this. I even posted that hades hard counters poseidon if used right. resilience (learn to spell, people) is not nearly as good as sacrifice. Warheathen is correct; burst damage into a grapple is such an easy way to counter it. Sacrifice on the other hand is simply infinite magic if combined with the blade of poseidon. All you need to do is hit him to 30 hp, then use your specials in a combo.....he wont live.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 28 of 53 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Jun 13, 2013
Ok. Someone said that Poseidon is Tank. That is totally true. He should have had ER and PR since launch. That is totally true.

The thing is that they added ER to a wrong Godly Armour.

Poseidon should have received ER on his Godly Battle Armour that provides HP and PR tank stats, and giving it ER would make him a reasonable tank.
They made a mistake by giving ER to his Godly War Armour which already gives him almost as much EP as Zeus which makes his L1s specials even more viable.

Conclusion:
Take away ER from Godly War Armour and give it to Godly Battle Armour, while boosting some existing stats for Godly War Armour, maybe even give it +1 HP stat.
Message 29 of 53 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11781 posts

Jun 13, 2013

godly battle armor has ER....10% at lvl 3

the war armor is not good. i have it.....even with it, lance elemental damage is barely any different. Poseidon has different base stats for elemental power and a lower cap of diminishing returns than zeus. If you dont believe me, go to tutorial (not ideal but it works) and use full battle armor and the lance. go for a l1 triangle special. now leave and get FULL chimera armor....repeat this. the difference is marginal. haha you guys dont see that battle armor is much better.....it makes us a lot harder to kill than war armor users. the 40+ EP that war gives is superfluous. again, this is simply because poseidon has much lower returns on EP than zeus (havent tested vs hades)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 30 of 53 (174 Views)
0 Likes