Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Re: Quick survey: Swords or hammers?

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

I like playing with Hammers because it's not so bread and butter. Although high latency and lack of a comparable Triangle while in air is meh....

Sword also benifits from way faster recovery times after most moves...

If more people who played with Hammers actually stayed near the ring out areas on maps though I'm pretty sure people would be all up in arms Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 30 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 22, 2013

the best way to use hammers is to use minatour hammer because after using L1 and square you can juggle people  like with the sword into a ring out combo, or you can use L1 triangle then grapple into another ring out combo, or just hold square wait for the right hit then bam ring out. pretty much swords have everything over hammers except hammers have many ring out moves varying throughout each hammer. whichever helps you fight the best

0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 22, 2013

and fits you

0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 22, 2013

I use both...but prefer the Hammer when lag is low. It's beastly, though not combo-friendly much. It's more of a ringout/AoE weapon which can be fun if there's little or no lag...but AoE's not registering while the slow attacks get trumped by a late attacker can be annoying.

So...I''d say I prefer Ares' Hammer or Minotaur Hammer...but I have loads of fun with the Cerberus or Gladiator Swords as well Smiley Very Happy

I won''t use the Zeus Hammer cuz it feels cheap...same with Gladiator Hammer.

Message 24 of 30 (212 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 22, 2013

in my experience i find that a sword is better in a one on one confortation but if you find someone that knows how to use a hammer, you better have a **bleep** good tactics to get in close. i find the athena blade kinda hard to beat. i dont use because i favor the blade of zeus. i lose to the blade of athena alot though. 

Message 25 of 30 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Just happens I'm a HAMME guy and I LOVE my Minotaur Hammer. Trust me and listen to the guy above me I would eat your soul and poop the remains. 15 min ago had (again) one of those sweeet games with 15 kill streak

went 16-1 died at the end.... next guy had 4 kills so go figure

I can takee 3 guys at once. Not all the time ofcaurse but still I can Smiley Happy
 photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Message 26 of 30 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Jan 22, 2013
I seem to die more from skilled people with hammers than with swords.. maybe because I use a sword myself and I know their moves very well
Message 27 of 30 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Jan 22, 2013
I know swords and hammers this is why I'm good with hammer.
Like i said: I'm a beast

Once people know that I'm waiting for them in certain location they just avoid it hahah

They avoid it or keep comming cause they want a revenge. They usually bring hammer (sometimes I'm beeing ringed out)
 photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Message 28 of 30 (190 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 22, 2013

I have been using the blade of zeus and it really powers up the elemental attacks and it even eletrifies your enemy i think

Message 29 of 30 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Jun 8, 2013
I have never been demolished by a sword user but have by many hammer users, I've tried to use swords and while I get 10+ kills with hammers(almost never any ringouts) I end up looking like a rock em.sock em robot with swords. PM suggested tactics as they are lost to me while I slaughter with hammers and spears with ease.
Message 30 of 30 (125 Views)
0 Likes