Jan 14, 2013

Swords, since I'm a swordsman in real life. I practice Kendo. :smileyhappy:

Message 11 of 30 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Quick survey: Swords or hammers?

Jan 14, 2013

For me (aligned to Zeus), I like using sword ( just becoz it is faster), espcially when using L1 + Triangle attack, plus using the trap thing, really easy to kill someone when they r trying to capture a base ^ ^. But I do enjoy the L1 + Square (lightning beam thing) of the hammer, really pushing the others to fall off the cliff.

Message 12 of 30 (234 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I prefer the Hammer, the moveset fit my playstyle more.

Message 13 of 30 (226 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Considering you can take out 100% damage with the hammer with one combo I would rather use that and I do so 

HAMMERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Message 14 of 30 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 14, 2013

The swords are better. Not only do they have priority over all of the hammers' moves, but the swords have way easier/reliable combos, have range, have an unblockable attack, and generally more effective specials. The hammer is fun to use and has the potential to do MASSIVE damage...but they require tight timing. With even the slightest lag, the hammers' combos do not work. Tie in the sword having more priority(especially jump triangle), and the sword is the clear winner.

Message 15 of 30 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 14, 2013

RichYungThaBest wrote:

The swords are better. Not only do they have priority over all of the hammers' moves, but the swords have way easier/reliable combos, have range, have an unblockable attack, and generally more effective specials. The hammer is fun to use and has the potential to do MASSIVE damage...but they require tight timing. With even the slightest lag, the hammers' combos do not work. Tie in the sword having more priority(especially jump triangle), and the sword is the clear winner.

That's a big lie! I've played with a guy with full Ares armor set and the hammer, he was almost invincible. I mean he always do the same, no combos or anything like that, just special attack and jump+triangule. But just with that he deals a huge damage, like 4 hits and job done...

But there is other possibility, because when I combo this guy I don't even take 25% of his life... Kinda impossible... 

Message 16 of 30 (217 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I prefer a pair of chained blades :smileywink:

Message 17 of 30 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 14, 2013

alacarpa wrote:

RichYungThaBest wrote:

That's a big lie! I've played with a guy with full Ares armor set and the hammer, he was almost invincible. I mean he always do the same, no combos or anything like that, just special attack and jump+triangule. But just with that he deals a huge damage, like 4 hits and job done...

But there is other possibility, because when I combo this guy I don't even take 25% of his life... Kinda impossible... 

That must be due to lag or something. I have never heard or seen a person take out other players easily )in 4 hits), without using combos, but just using specials. Maybe they were using the GLADIATOR Hammer, which may be the case since the L1 triangle has ridiculous range, and the L1 square is quick hitting and recharges fairly quickly.

Message 18 of 30 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 14, 2013

RichYungThaBest wrote:

alacarpa wrote:

RichYungThaBest wrote:

That must be due to lag or something. I have never heard or seen a person take out other players easily )in 4 hits), without using combos, but just using specials. Maybe they were using the GLADIATOR Hammer, which may be the case since the L1 triangle has ridiculous range, and the L1 square is quick hitting and recharges fairly quickly.

Also he was able to redirect the throw after the grapple. I've never seen that until that match. I think I'll try it later when I play.

Message 19 of 30 (209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 21, 2013

I think that the hammer  has more power then the sword, what do you guy think?

Message 20 of 30 (169 Views)
0 Likes